Home Cigar 101

Question about "double" vitola's

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
This has been confusing me for a bit: I've seen perfecto's and double perfecto's, corona's and double corona's - what does it mean if a vitola is "double"? Is it subjective like the vitola sizes, or does it have a concrete, specific meaning to it?

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    xmacro:
    This has been confusing me for a bit: I've seen perfecto's and double perfecto's, corona's and double corona's - what does it mean if a vitola is "double"? Is it subjective like the vitola sizes, or does it have a concrete, specific meaning to it?

Not positive, but I think it just means bigger -larger ring - in that length, but not quite big enough to bump up to the next size.

• nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    can't be, a double corona is huge, way bigger than a corona and toro...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    nsezell:
    can't be, a double corona is huge, way bigger than a corona and toro...
    Unless you look at 5 Vegas, the Classic Double Corona is like 6 3/4 x 48 I think. A great size in my opinion, but not your standard double corona. Unfortunately there is no concrete standard by which names are given and quite a few manufacturers take the liberty of calling their cigars whatever they want to. Though generally "double" connotes it to be bigger than the "single" size would be, be sure to check the dimensions and verify it's the cigar you want.