Home General Discussion
Options

Wife's Suggestion for Cigar Storage

Ok so I have been playing the Games,Buying DD, and trading with some freinds, received a couple great Birthday Gifts. I have a 40-50 Count Humidor, Stuffed. I am expecting 2 Game Packages, and 2 DD. I have a Nice Tupperdoor that I can Use. I only get to smoke maybe 2 Cigars a week sometimes 3. I was sitting here reading forums and Surfing some of these great Combo Sample Packs when she snuck up behind me............ She whispered in my ear If you BUY one more cigar before you smoke some ....... YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE THE HUMIDOR! I told her that ifI play some games does that count? LOL....... Any sugestions ! I know Im not the only one in this boat!

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Tell her if she wants to put you in the humidor, she's first gotta let you buy a walk-in
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    xmacro:
    Tell her if she wants to put you in the humidor, she's first gotta let you buy a walk-in
    Im Liking your thinking Xmarco
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I think Urbi has room in his, if you want to move in there...Duty and the Burro moved out.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    If you have cigars in your ass it will make it really hurt when they are lit.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    at least when you fart itll smell like premium, well aged tobacco
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    illinoisgolf99:
    Wait, yours doesn't already?
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Garen B:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Wait, yours doesn't already?

oh yea... forgot lol
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I posted this in a different thread earlier today. The poster in that thread had "wife issues" as well.

Clearly, there is a fantastic solution to your problem:
    1. Get rid of wife
    2. Buy nice humidor
    3. Stock with lots of cigars
    4. ????
    5. Profit!
  • Options
    oh I am not having wife issues, she was being amusing....... Love her to death and she loves me to death No Problem there, She is a High School administrator with 4 degrees including 2 masters degrees, and working on her doctrine....... wouldnt trade me in for the world SHE LOVES ME... gets jealous of My cigar brothers and the time i spend ...... looking at ways to spend her Money on Gars... she has me looking at humidoors just havent bought it yet! Anyone want to contribute to the cigar stash? the more packages i recive the better it will be! LOL
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    heh, she sounds great. I was poking around ebay the other day looking at humidors - the wife leaned over and said "Oh! That looks nice! You should get that to replace that ugly coolidor thing in our basement!" Lucky for me, she was being serious. SCORE!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ask her if she really wants to go down the road of playing Bill Clinton to your Monica Lewinsky. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yep I am in the same boat. I have a lot of smoking to do before I buy any more
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    same here. Completely overloaded. All 4 humis. Time for a cabinet or walk-in.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    If you BUY one more cigar before you smoke some ....... YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE THE HUMIDOR!

Get a very small hygrometer.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    oh I am not having wife issues, she was being amusing....... Love her to death and she loves me to death No Problem there, She is a High School administrator with 4 degrees including 2 masters degrees, and working on her doctrine....... wouldnt trade me in for the world SHE LOVES ME... gets jealous of My cigar brothers and the time i spend ...... looking at ways to spend her Money on Gars... she has me looking at humidoors just havent bought it yet! Anyone want to contribute to the cigar stash? the more packages i recive the better it will be! LOL
    I'm in a similar situation..... I definitely married up. My wife has two undergrad degrees, a masters and is being groomed to be a principal while going for her National Boards. An underachiever, to say the least! LOL! She says, "When I met you, you drank wine, went for bike rides, and took me to fine restaurants..... Now you drink beer, sit on the couch, smoke stogies and order pizza!!!"
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawk, there is only one solution. Smoke more and get a bigger humidor!

Besides, the KY will make your cigars hard to light!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'd build a Humidor that doubles as an end table, or even a coffee table... Then say "Honey, look at this beautiful new table I bought you!"
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    I'd build a Humidor that doubles as an end table, or even a coffee table... Then say "Honey, look at this beautiful new table I bought you!"
    Actually , I am an Antique dealer of sorts and i have my eye on just such an animal. I have found several old Humis that fit that description. We have mostly Stickley mission style furniture... Not real sure They ever made Humidors. But as long as it is Mission Style I am safe!
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I'm in a similar situation..... I definitely married up. My wife has two undergrad degrees, a masters and is being groomed to be a principal while going for her National Boards. An underachiever, to say the least! LOL! She says, "When I met you, you drank wine, went for bike rides, and took me to fine restaurants..... Now you drink beer, sit on the couch, smoke stogies and order pizza!!!"
    Wow seems we married the same kind of women... Nice . My wife is interviewing for a few Prinicpal Jobs this spring. Where do you guys live?Education in Californina is in Bad shape they are axing like 1000 teachers and over 100 administrators in her school district... OUCH.. her High school has over 2500 Students.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Invest in some VASELINE>>>>
  • Options
    smcenteesmcentee Posts: 15
    My husband has collected quite a few sticks, more than he could smoke or would fit in his small humidor, so we turned one of our existing kitchen cabinets into a big humidor... it is hidden from view but looks great when you open it, and it was very affordable to build. If I can figure out how to attach a photo I will post one for you!
  • Options
    smcentee:
    My husband has collected quite a few sticks, more than he could smoke or would fit in his small humidor, so we turned one of our existing kitchen cabinets into a big humidor... it is hidden from view but looks great when you open it, and it was very affordable to build. If I can figure out how to attach a photo I will post one for you!
    pM mE ILL SEND YOU MY PRIVATE EMAIL AND YOU CAN ATTACH THAT THERE! tHANKS
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Does your rear end pass the "dollar bill" seal test? LMAO!!! As long as she's smiling or laughing when she says stuff like that, its all good... :-)
  • Options
    gdsim1:
    Does your rear end pass the "dollar bill" seal test? LMAO!!! As long as she's smiling or laughing when she says stuff like that, its all good... :-)
    LOL back in the old Dancin days It passsed the Dollar Bill Test! ROTFLMAO!