Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

BOMB de bomdy bomb

I have a suggestion for a new game, certain BOTLs have overflow, and giving away sticks is just plain fun.
So I suggest random, discreet, and unabashed bombing. Because this game may include unwitting participants, I wanna make sure there would not be any objections.
Here is my idea:

I say have too many sticks, feeling generous, or just feel like blowing *** up. BOTLs pm names and addys of other BOTL(targets). Bomber would then pick a target and fire for effect. Target would have no further obligationin the game. Participation as the bomber would be at will.
So what you fine BOTL think?

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

I'm new and am already loving you guys!  I dont have a collection, I dont have but 5 or 6 sticks to my name that was send to me from New Orleans.  But I am up for trivia or anything else you guys have for games.

thanks

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Z. PM me your info and I'll be the first one to fire. I have to clear out some stock and am looking for a "new guy" who needs a few extra sticks to try.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Edit... I re-read and it makes sense now.

If anyone knows someone who is lacking in smokes PM me an address and I will start things off!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    So is it when the first guy receives the bomb, he then chooses an address that he has and bomb the next guy and so forth?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    So is it when the first guy receives the bomb, he then chooses an address that he has and bomb the next guy and so forth?
    My understanding is that the only thing we are passing is addresses. From what I follow so far, you post when you are looking for an address and someone will PM you a random one to BOMB.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Sounds cool. So, basically, you post that you wish to bomb someone due to overflow, some 3rd party BOTL PMs you an unsuspecting BOTLs address and BOOM!???? That about right?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    My understanding is that the only thing we are passing is addresses. From what I follow so far, you post when you are looking for an address and someone will PM you a random one to BOMB.
    That makes more sense.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    That is were this game would be different, The guy getting the bomb does not have to anything, of course he is free to post back up that he wants to bomb someone.
    Basically this thread would be: a member expresses his desire to send out a bomb, the board offers up targets to the bomber via pm.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    so... it's a PIF without the IF? or did I misread?
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Rob, PM send!

I am as new as you can get, well almost.  Thanks for the kindness fellas!!! 

• Options
    lilwing88:
    Sounds cool. So, basically, you post that you wish to bomb someone due to overflow, some 3rd party BOTL PMs you an unsuspecting BOTLs address and BOOM!???? That about right?
    or *KA-BOOM* 8^)
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    This is sweet. I like the idea, and I'll be up for bombing someone.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    this sounds like a cool idea! i got some sticks going out and coming in so its a bit hectic but I will def. be up for bombing soon!! KAAAAAA BOOOM
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Well, there's only one thing left to do to get this thing going........ mustluv, as the idea man behind this thing, do you wish to be the 1st 'bomber'? We will PM you some 'bombees' to choose from?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507

I agree let the bombing commence!

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I doubt anyone was thinking about it, but please don't bomb me...I have no room for more cigars.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    sightunseen:
    That is were this game would be different, The guy getting the bomb does not have to anything, of course he is free to post back up that he wants to bomb someone.
    Basically this thread would be: a member expresses his desire to send out a bomb, the board offers up targets to the bomber via pm.
    Great idea Mustluv, I get it totally. It really is a game with no real rules, just people getting free cigars. It would be nice if they posted when they get bombed, but other than that, no strings attached. Sign me up.

As a matter of fact, I owe two apology bombs right now. I will get them in the mail tomorrow. For these two , I already have the addresses.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I doubt anyone was thinking about it, but please don't bomb me...I have no room for more cigars.
    Oh, yeah. There should be a list of people who decline to get bombed, lol. Like a no-fire list. I definately don't need to get bombed.
  • Options
    I really do not see the need to put a bunch of conditions or rules on this game, except for one... the sticks need to be smokeable. Ive heard of people doing crazy things to bombs from other boards. I see no need for that here.
    I think this will great fun for new members to get on the good traders list, for other members to unload overflow, and for the board to get their nominees selected.
    like said because this does invovle unsupecting BOTL, I do think we should let thread go for a day or two before we start, just to ensure there are no objections from the board at large.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    This is pretty freaking awesome... I have some return-fire bombs to send out first, but once I can catch up on those I'll be all over this..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    im definately in on this one!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    I certainly wasn't thinking about it.

My inn is pretty dang full at the moment, too. If you've got something really unusual or special, and are feeling the love, I'd be okay with getting whacked with one stogie. At most two.

Like the idea of the thread, though, and I'm sure I'll be dropping ordnance on people from time to time.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Love the idea guys.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    Oh, yeah. There should be a list of people who decline to get bombed, lol. Like a no-fire list. I definately don't need to get bombed.
    If we go through with this, and by response it looks as if we will, I will edit the first post with rules, re-title the thread and add/start a no-fire list.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good idea Paul. I'll take up residence on the no fire list, but I'm sure I'll be sending out some bombs. I've got at least two lined up that I've been meaning to send out...people have got to realize that no good deed goes unpunished. :)
  • Options
    I believe I'm all caught up on any previously-armed bombs (aside from the two going out tomorrow), but as soon as it is up and running, I will probably be putting something together.
  • Options
    So I am working on finalizing my idea and format for the post (I ll prolly just go ahead start a new thread to help keep up with all the bombing that will be going on) it will include a immunity list but if you bomb from this this game you lose your immunity. Any one who wants to go ahead and declare immunity, you can post here. Once the game is up. just post that you want added to list and I will keep it updated on the first post.
    as far as other rules and formatting of the game, the more feedback the better. The only real rules I can think of right now are:
    Respect the Immunity List.
    Send Smokeable Sticks.
    As with any Trade or Game on this board, it is good ettique to post that you have recieved a package from a fellow BOTL.

Bombers: simply post that you wish to send a bomb, establish any criteria (first to respond, most votes, best reason, etc.)
    BOTL: All requests should be sent via PM, you should not warn a target.
    Unsupecting Targets: Get more than you want, need, or like?- Do unto others!

Well guys that what Ive come up with so far, just let me know what you guys think. Hope to have this up soon.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Iam in like Flint
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    mustluvcigars:
    I have a suggestion for a new game, certain BOTLs have overflow, and giving away sticks is just plain fun.
    So I suggest random, discreet, and unabashed bombing. Because this game may include unwitting participants, I wanna make sure there would not be any objections.
    Here is my idea:

I say have too many sticks, feeling generous, or just feel like blowing *** up. BOTLs pm names and addys of other BOTL(targets). Bomber would then pick a target and fire for effect. Target would have no further obligationin the game. Participation as the bomber would be at will.
    So what you fine BOTL think?
    I am in is there an amount of sticks or just whatever you feel like Bombing or getting rid of? Count me IN!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Im down send m some info !