Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Make A Wish Reformation

Currently in the MAW thread, there is a rule that says the wisher must receive his wish before the wish-granter is allowed to make a wish. Do y'all think that it would better serve the game to change said rule? It seems that it would speed up the game a good bit so I just thought I would put in my two cents! What do all of my BOTLs think?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I agree with you alex I think most guys on the forum and alll guys on the good traders list are trustworthy to send the sticks!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    can you tell me what "BOTL" stands for? new to the cigar forums and community and just tryin to understand all the words here. any other words also would help.

thanks
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    zeebra:
    can you tell me what "BOTL" stands for? new to the cigar forums and community and just tryin to understand all the words here. any other words also would help. thanks
    no problem man
    BOTL means Brother Of The Leaf or Brotherhood Of The Leaf
    B&M means Brick and Mortar or a cigar store that will always be a store. never online
    PIF means Pay It Forward (its a game)
    MAW means Make A Wish (another game)

Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    zeebra:
    can you tell me what "BOTL" stands for? new to the cigar forums and community and just tryin to understand all the words here. any other words also would help.

thanks

no problem man

BOTL means Brother Of The Leaf or Brotherhood Of The Leaf

B&M means Brick and Mortar or a cigar store that will always be a store. never online

PIF means Pay It Forward (its a game)

MAW means Make A Wish (another game)

Hope this helps!!

Thanks. Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I got the last two figured out, but BOTL and B&M were driving me crazy for the past few days, and I dont have much hair left to lose. Thanks again!

Shawn
  • Options
    haha ya i figured you got those but just thought id throw em in anyways! trust you arent the only one, pretty much everyone couldnt figure those out when they were new to the forums.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i think it's a good idea, I mean, you don't have to wait for PIF's and Movie Trivia packs to arrive. I think all the individuals here are upstanding enough that it wouldn't be a problem
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Yep, would be a great rule to change. Speed up the game a bit.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think it's fine the way it is, but if everyone is in favor of changing it I'm not opposed.
  • Options
    I suppose it's really up to kuzi seein as he was the one who started the game...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi came up with that rule where people on that weren't on the good traders list could play.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Guess this one ain't gonna change due to the lack of response from many BOTL. Oh well!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Kuzi came up with that rule where people on that weren't on the good traders list could play.
    exactly.

i knew it would run slow
    i wanted it to run slow.

even someone making their first post in that thread can play the game because of that rule. it keeps people from taking advantage of the generosity here. this game and rule combo makes it more than a game to play and trade, it is a great way to get new guys onto the good traders list and active in the trade and games section.

i fully understand the grinding pace of the game.
    the VERY FIRST wish was made by me... and it was granted by ron who at the time was in Iraq. it took a good month for that first wish to be granted. its slow and grinding for sure, but its like that for a reason.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    exactly.

i knew it would run slow
    i wanted it to run slow.

even someone making their first post in that thread can play the game because of that rule. it keeps people from taking advantage of the generosity here. this game and rule combo makes it more than a game to play and trade, it is a great way to get new guys onto the good traders list and active in the trade and games section.

i fully understand the grinding pace of the game.
    the VERY FIRST wish was made by me... and it was granted by ron who at the time was in Iraq. it took a good month for that first wish to be granted. its slow and grinding for sure, but its like that for a reason.
    Ok thanks kuzi for shedding some light on it! It makes a whole lot more sense now. And I have to admit, the anticipation bumps up the excitement factor a lot! Thanks man!