2»

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hays:
    bushwood:
    clearlysuspect:
    I just bask in the heavenly glory!
    I do the same! Incidentally, those smoking jackets you always see rich guys wearing in old black and white movies were just that - jackets they wore while smoking a cigar, so as not to get their other duds smelly. Just a bit of trivia for the boys...
    Yes indeed... the real ones were made out of silk, which is pretty successful at not retaining odor. They became popular because it was thought that women were very 'sensitive' to the odor of smoke - whodathunk? Unfortunately, to get a legitimate one these days generally requires going to a very upscale men's clothier, and it's just prohibitively expensive. I've been shopping for one for over a year, and it just ain't happenin for me...
    Call Hef i know he has a few Million! I have seen several of these gems in Vintage Clothing Stores over the years. and just recently I saw one for 10 bucks, it was a bit worn but very cool it was to small for me. The thing about them is this, When these jackets were popular men were one hell of alot smaller then we are today. I mean come on Im 6'1 220.... average man in those days were 5'8 150-160.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Gentlemen, Gentlemen....is this the twilight zone?

Spending all this time and effort to get rid of the aroma and taste of cigars after you spend so much time, effort, and money (unless you buy at Cigar.com Wink [;)]) to experience the aroma and taste?  Seems odd to me.

Ok, I understand your lady friend doesn't like it.  But aren't there a couple things about her that you don't like?  Maybe her perfume smells like diapers, or her new pant suit makes her look 10 years older, or her friend Rodrigo comes over way too much and eats all your mixed nuts.  Do you *** about that stuff?  No - because we are men and we put up with that crap because at the end of the day what's important is you're with the woman you love. 

So what's my point?  These ladies have it too easy.  Time for them to man up and realize, if their man enjoys cigars then gosh darnit, they should let him smoke and never *** about it, and if they aren't willing to make that compromise, maybe they aren't "the one".  Plenty of ladies out there that not only don't mind the smell of cigars, but enjoy smoking them occasionally. 

So the next time you are steam cleaning your chest hair and throwing away your brand new Carhartt jacket cuz it smells 'stinky', ask yourself...  am I a man or what?

Me?  I can smoke whenever I want, KariAnn never, ever complains.

OK, I gotta go. It's time for her daily foot massage.  Then I have to go wash her car, and pick up her dry cleaning, and go food shopping. Then after that, I hav... well I won't bore you with all the details.  'Til next time - man up and light up!

• Options
    Oh, and after I'm done smoking, the cigar nub smells like my beard.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    timb:
    Hahaha LMAO! Your entire post made my day. That should be posted on the front of this website. Maybe "man's last stand" or "man's final frontier" you,, mr The Beard, are my hero!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    timb:
    Now that's funny right there!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    timb:

Thats hilarious
  • Options
    I wash my mouth out with copious amounts of Bourbon.
  • Options

Now we're talking, jhunter!

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    timb:

Gentlemen, Gentlemen....is this the twilight zone?

Spending all this time and effort to get rid of the aroma and taste of cigars after you spend so much time, effort, and money (unless you buy at Cigar.com Wink [;)]) to experience the aroma and taste?  Seems odd to me.

Ok, I understand your lady friend doesn't like it.  But aren't there a couple things about her that you don't like?  Maybe her perfume smells like diapers, or her new pant suit makes her look 10 years older, or her friend Rodrigo comes over way too much and eats all your mixed nuts.  Do you *** about that stuff?  No - because we are men and we put up with that crap because at the end of the day what's important is you're with the woman you love. 

So what's my point?  These ladies have it too easy.  Time for them to man up and realize, if their man enjoys cigars then gosh darnit, they should let him smoke and never *** about it, and if they aren't willing to make that compromise, maybe they aren't "the one".  Plenty of ladies out there that not only don't mind the smell of cigars, but enjoy smoking them occasionally. 

So the next time you are steam cleaning your chest hair and throwing away your brand new Carhartt jacket cuz it smells 'stinky', ask yourself...  am I a man or what?

Here here.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    timb:
    I've heard The Beard smells like a potent mixture of 21 year old Scotch, 100% ligero leaves, and Victoria Silvested Playmate of the Year's vag. If this is true, you should begin auctioning off your cigar nubs for excessive prices.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Really? Cuz I heard it was 21 year old Scotch, 18 year old Cubans, and 16 year old Filipina.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    timb:
    Epically freaking beautiful. Love it Tim
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    So true and I believe they were made of silk...it doesnt hold the odor of the smoke like cotton or other fabrics.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    All hail the Beard and it's infinite wisdom! For the Beard hath spake truth among the multitude!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    9 times out of 10 when i am done with a cigar, i go to work.

i change my clothes when i get there. then on my way out i change back out of my work clothes. i open my bag up and out comes this glorious smell of whatever cigar i smoked last. I find that the Oliva-G maduro leaves one of the better scents.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My lady likes the smell on my clothes, she says it reminds her of me. I'll drink a glass of milk to cleanse, sometimes brush my teeth just for the sole purpose of starting fresh. But mostly, I'll agree with joz3r; I just smoke another.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    KCW:
    R U guys kiding? Really? I love the aftertaste of a good cigar. I never want it to go away. That said, I don't like stale smoke on my clothing. Therefore, I change my clothing (if I need to go out or something).
    +1 I brush my tooth and go to bed. Shower in morning.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    bushwood:
    clearlysuspect:
    I just bask in the heavenly glory!
    I do the same! Incidentally, those smoking jackets you always see rich guys wearing in old black and white movies were just that - jackets they wore while smoking a cigar, so as not to get their other duds smelly. Just a bit of trivia for the boys...
    actually first mas mayed by a very wealthy person by his tailor so that the ash would not ruin his cloths as he like to smoke and keep the ash as long as possible. the material selected was to not hold the ash and stain but to be easily brushed off.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Basically, just change clothes and brush. No woman to ***, so no reason to worry. haha. And the ones I've been with actually enjoyed a good cigar, so no worries there either. They all get warned, you don't get to *** about the cigar habit.
  • Options
    brettmanbrettman Posts: 34
    I tend to eat after having a cigar, which may be odd since a cigar is traditionally an after dinner affair. After that I brush my teeth or use mints. Usually when I have a cigar I'm outside for a good length of time, so a shower is generally involved too.