Home Cigar 101

How long will...

How long will a new cigar just bought in a local B &M Placed in a zip lock plastic bag, kept out of the sun. Keep fresh( smokeable fresh)? And/OR Will cigars that came with my new humi last(stay fresh) while I take the time to season my Humi? What precautions should I take I( have 11 new cigars coming ( more that I have ever had1 whoo hoo!!) and I want to do this right. I wanted to say that you guys rock and thanks in advance for all the stupid questions I will ask in the future. Thank you

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    A search will turn up more info on these boards, but anyway, the ziplock bag should suffice for a day or two. As for your 11 that are coming, just keep them in that Ccom bag and you'll be fine for a few weeks - after that, just dip the Ccom bag in some distilled water to recharge it and you're good to go for a few weeks more.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    A new cigar, properly stored, will last in a zip-lock bag for at least a few hours, but I wouldn't risk any longer. To solve your issue, if your smokes don't already come with one, get a humi-pillow from your B&M (most carry them), and just store your smokes in a zip lock bag with the water pillow. That should give you 2-3 weeks of freshness. Plenty of time to season the humi.

Welcome to the forum.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would say a bit longer than a few hours. i would say a few days. either way, it isnt long and a few hours would for sure be safe.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i would say a bit longer than a few hours. i would say a few days. either way, it isnt long and a few hours would for sure be safe.
    You may be right, but I'm always too scared to try it. I'm a freak about keeping my smokes fresh.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    after that, just dip the Ccom bag in some distilled water to recharge it and you're good to go for a few weeks more.
    Just to clarify on this and make it fool-proof, xmacro is talking about the Humi-pillow inside the cigar.com bag. Do not dip in distilled water the bag that has "Cigar.com" printed on the side that houses all of your cigars they just shipped to you. I'm not saying you'd do this, it's just that we've heard of crazier things happening.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    xmacro:
    after that, just dip the Ccom bag in some distilled water to recharge it and you're good to go for a few weeks more.
    Just to clarify on this and make it fool-proof, xmacro is talking about the Humi-pillow inside the cigar.com bag. Do not dip in distilled water the bag that has "Cigar.com" printed on the side that houses all of your cigars they just shipped to you. I'm not saying you'd do this, it's just that we've heard of crazier things happening.
    I'm glad you touched that one up, I thought that might be a little unclear. Nice save.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    jhunter what B&M do you use? I ask because I live 2 hours away from you and frequent the spokane area....
  • Tobacco World in the Flour Mill is my B&M of choice great folks and the best prices around( and my only choice) . Have been all over Spokane looking but you know..... spokane