Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

MoW Ruination

2»

Comments

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    i finally Tried a MoW double corona...gotta say...i thoroughly enjoyed it and want to buy a box...(which is very rare for me to buy a box)...it burned evenly the whole time...only went out once which was my fault...great tase...just dang delicious all the way around! I just order another one for the humi and will try a ruination sooon!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I could definitely see the MOW Ruin or even the original MOW being the first box I buy. Just fantastic sticks.
  • Options
    smith001smith001 Posts: 8
    Hey,

I have heard that in 1913 Cigars are marketed via advertisements, product placement in movies and other media, sporting events, cigar-friendly magazines such as Cigar Aficionado, and cigar dinners. Advertisements often include depictions of affluence, sexual imagery, and explicit or implied celebrity endorsement.

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I could definitely see the MOW Ruin or even the original MOW being the first box I buy. Just fantastic sticks.
    I so want to try this just price tag is keeping me back atm :(
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hayblet:
    docbp87:
    Call The Beard. Ask him to work wonders for you - perhaps the power of The Beard will come through!

Since you're new here, The Beard is Tim.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hayblet:
    docbp87:
    pm sent!
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    Hayblet:
    docbp87:
    pm sent!
    Responded Sir.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Hayblet:
    docbp87:
    Call The Beard. Ask him to work wonders for you - perhaps the power of The Beard will come through!

Curious, how does one contact the Beard? No I'm not gonna give The Sniper the info lol...
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hayblet:
    TatuajeVI:
    Hayblet:
    docbp87:

Curious, how does one contact the Beard? No I'm not gonna give The Sniper the info lol...
    haha tblythe@cigar.com
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked another Ruin, and by now we all know what a fantastic stick this is. But if a B&M anywhere nearby has a MOW event, youve gotta go and smoke a fresh rolled Ruination. God (AJ) himself rolled me one, and I lit it after like 5 min. I swear I could hear the angels singing, or was the women screaming when I walked into their bathroom? In any case, Ruination is great, and fresh rolled is somehow 3 times better.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole MOW line-up was online-only. Huh, you learn something new every day.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I thought the whole MOW line-up was online-only. Huh, you learn something new every day.
    CCOM's warehouse has all the rights to it as they created it. Some shops will sell the MOW, but they buy it from CCOMs warehouse.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I still have a few of the MoW Ruinations w/ the footband.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I've got two left, both in the aging humi. Oh yeah!
  • Options
    Krieg:
    Those were the crappy ones. I have a bunch of the better new ones. I'll help you out and trade em with you ;-)
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    Krieg:
    Those were the crappy ones. I have a bunch of the better new ones. I'll help you out and trade em with you ;-)
    LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    Just finished a 2 year old MOW Ruination and it was the best cigar I have had I a long time. Age has done wonders for it. Smoked a few right out of the box and always ran into a problem towards the end of the oil and tar building up and making it bitter but this one was good down to the nub. I think the age also took some of the spice out of it. Started off drinking a blue monster with it and it brought out a light smoky charred taste in the back of the pallet but it was very pleasant. A light exhale through the nose also gave it a very nutty flavor throughout the smoke. After the monster ran out about halfway through I switched to diet Dr pepper and didn’t have of the smoky taste but it was still there. Finish was very smooth with a lot more of the body kicking in on the last 1/4. I think I will be moving a few more of these to my ageing humi
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Smoked a Ruination belicoso last night.  Feel like I'm still smoking it.  I forgot how powerful these are.  Loved every minute of it, but DAMN they're strong.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    timb:
    Smoked a Ruination belicoso last night.  Feel like I'm still smoking it.  I forgot how powerful these are.  Loved every minute of it, but DAMN they're strong.
    Wow, nice to see that sometimes even the mighty beard can be knocked back on his heels a bit by a smoke.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    timb:
    Belicoso is easily my favorite vitola in these. They are certainly strong, but it's such a great blend, the strength never feels overwhelming.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    timb:
    Wow, nice to see that sometimes even the mighty beard can be knocked back on his heels a bit by a smoke.
    +1
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    ltherron:
    Just finished a 2 year old MOW Ruination and it was the best cigar I have had I a long time. Age has done wonders for it. Smoked a few right out of the box and always ran into a problem towards the end of the oil and tar building up and making it bitter but this one was good down to the nub. I think the age also took some of the spice out of it. Started off drinking a blue monster with it and it brought out a light smoky charred taste in the back of the pallet but it was very pleasant. A light exhale through the nose also gave it a very nutty flavor throughout the smoke. After the monster ran out about halfway through I switched to diet Dr pepper and didn’t have of the smoky taste but it was still there. Finish was very smooth with a lot more of the body kicking in on the last 1/4. I think I will be moving a few more of these to my ageing humi
    I just smoked my 2nd one this afternoon, and I have to say I couldn't finish it. This one had been in my humi for a month, got half way through it and it kept burning out. This led to runs, trying to keep it lit. It also had a very bitter taste from the start. It's burn was good till I got to the halfway point, then I don't know what happened. This is the second one that has done this to me, but I'm not giving up on it yet. Gonna rest my last group for a while longer and give it another shot.
  • Options
    I'm smoking one of these right now after aging them 6 months.

I first tried to smoke one last Christmas before properly resting it and got a really bad ammonia flavor, so after consulting my CA BOTL's I rested these a good long while before smoking.

I'm somewhat underwhelmed since everything I had heard from many, many people was that this was a powerhouse full-strength, full-bodied, super-tasty stick.

I'm not finding it to be very strong (which IS saying something if you've herf'ed with me), and am pleasantly surprised to find it's a medium strength stick, if a little one-dimensional in flavor.

It has a very dry mouth feel, a really good draw, and tastes really bready. I'm not really complaining... just surprised that instead of getting knocked on my ass I'm wondering when the flavor and strength is going to kick in and send me to bed.

I much rather prefer many of AJ's other offerings... LHC Core for instance is stronger and tastier. Morro Castle and Padilla Habano comes to mind too as stronger cigars.

Anyone else had a MoW Ruination that turned into a pumpkin?

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    I'm smoking one of these right now after aging them 6 months.

I first tried to smoke one last Christmas before properly resting it and got a really bad ammonia flavor, so after consulting my CA BOTL's I rested these a good long while before smoking.

I'm somewhat underwhelmed since everything I had heard from many, many people was that this was a powerhouse full-strength, full-bodied, super-tasty stick.

I'm not finding it to be very strong (which IS saying something if you've herf'ed with me), and am pleasantly surprised to find it's a medium strength stick, if a little one-dimensional in flavor.

It has a very dry mouth feel, a really good draw, and tastes really bready. I'm not really complaining... just surprised that instead of getting knocked on my ass I'm wondering when the flavor and strength is going to kick in and send me to bed.

I much rather prefer many of AJ's other offerings... LHC Core for instance is stronger and tastier. Morro Castle and Padilla Habano comes to mind too as stronger cigars.

Anyone else had a MoW Ruination that turned into a pumpkin?

Wow. Your experience is far different than every one I've ever had and I've smoked a truck load of Ruinations. In my experience the body is full but is so smooth and balanced it doesn't smack of strength but it's there all the same. I've never had one kick my ass, so to speak, but I would call them full-bodied.

Additionally, I would never use 'bready' to describe their flavor. To me they taste like ligero with some black pepper and a pleasant sweetness. I'm wondering if because your sticks still had ammonia taste at the beginning they are aging differently. I'd keep trying, maybe keep aging them, maybe call Ccom and see what they think. Something's rotten in Denmark.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Wow. Your experience is far different than every one I've ever had and I've smoked a truck load of Ruinations. In my experience the body is full but is so smooth and balanced it doesn't smack of strength but it's there all the same. I've never had one kick my ass, so to speak, but I would call them full-bodied.

Additionally, I would never use 'bready' to describe their flavor. To me they taste like ligero with some black pepper and a pleasant sweetness. I'm wondering if because your sticks still had ammonia taste at the beginning they are aging differently. I'd keep trying, maybe keep aging them, maybe call Ccom and see what they think. Something's rotten in Denmark.

The thing is, these Ruinations are not the ones from last Christmas; I gave those away to j0z3r because I just didn't dig them and was a lightweight at the time.

These Ruinations are from June of this year and have rested since then. More rest would just cause the flavor and strength to diminish wouldn't it? I did get more flavor and strength in the final third. At any rate, it was just one stick and one should never pass final judgment on one stick. I've still got four left and will see if this one was just a fluke.

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Well, I have 1 or 2 MoWs left, but I think that was the only ruination I had. If I come across another one, I will give it a try. Another issue I had was when I was at the cigar bar, they must have had thier ventilation system turned up to hurricane strength, because it was crazy windy in there...maybe that was the cause.
    Krieg sent me your addy. asvenson at cigar.com
    Oh man...wonder what I did...email sent!
    OOOOH! Your in trouble. Your totally busted
    Krieg, 5 pack coming your way this week.
    This is so awesome, thank you Alex! This is why I will always keep coming back to Ccom. Great customer service!

Awesome service and that's great to see. I had issues with some Graycliffs I got through another site and all of them were just awful. All the other stuff I ordered and have kept in the same humidor has been fine, even some cheap $1 sticks. Told the CS rep and was basically brushed off. Started looking around to see what other options were out there and found this site and just seeing something like this has convinced to start being a customer here. It's hard to find good Customer Service these days and it's always nice when you do.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    timb:
    Belicoso is easily my favorite vitola in these. They are certainly strong, but it's such a great blend, the strength never feels overwhelming.
    I love the Belicoso, and the Corona. Someone sent me a corona a few months ago and it was amazing!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb