Home General Discussion
Options

Apocolypse Smoke

Ok I was just reading a thread and it got me thinking... If the world was going to end tomorrow, what cigar would you choose to smoke to end it all? It can be any cigar at all, doesn't have to be in your humi, but make sure you take some time to think about it because... this is the last cigar you will ever smoke.

Personally mine would have to be the cigar that started it all.. my first shall be my last.. The Cusano 18 Double Maduro Churchill.. I'd be sitting out in a lawn chair with that and a bottle of 90 year old (I kid you not) Canadian Club Whisky that was never opened, never appreciated.. watching the sunset as the last bits of light eventually escaped and the Earth came crashing down..

Comments

• Options
    I would go to my parents house grab a glass of Louis XIII then come home and smoke a His Majesty Reserve and laugh at all the people who have never enjoyed a good cigar!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Crusader1545:
    I would go to my parents house grab a glass of Louis XIII then come home and smoke a His Majesty Reserve and laugh at all the people who have never enjoyed a good cigar!
    That sounds like Louis XIII overload...do you know how much of that stuff is already in the HMR???
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Yep, A whole bottle but since its the end of the world I want to go out smiling haha.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Hays:
    Crusader1545:
    That sounds like Louis XIII overload...do you know how much of that stuff is already in the HMR???
    What are you talking about Hays? It's the END OF THE WORLD! I'd drink as much Louis XIII as i could get my hands on. And there is never too much liqour. But, I'd smoke an original release Gurkha Black Dragon instead or the HMR. More expensive... money and my liver be damned on the last day on Earth.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Hays:
    Crusader1545:
    What are you talking about Hays? It's the END OF THE WORLD! I'd drink as much Louis XIII as i could get my hands on. And there is never too much liqour. But, I'd smoke an original release Gurkha Black Dragon instead or the HMR. More expensive... money and my liver be damned on the last day on Earth.

True that the liver is evil and must be punished!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    cmon people you're supposed to be picking the cigar you would smoke if the world was gonna end!!! lol

although yes the liver should be given hell
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    A swisher washed down with a Pabst Blue Ribbon! Oh, and I would age the swisher for 2 days if I had some advanced warning.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    its the end of the world and i am sitting on my back deck smoking a phillies blunt stuffed with ganja and lit with a 100 bill. i mean really. the world is blowing up. toke away. if we arent dead by the time i am done then i go to cuba and punch castro in the sack and take one of his cohibas and light it whilst on the beach.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Man O War Ruination.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Man O War Ruination.
    I get it.
    Kind of a "Dark" post ain't it? I mean after all this is a Cigar lover forum.
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    If we're going down this dark road I'll make it a little darker. Since we're not guaranteed the next smoke or next breath why don't we carefully choose all of our next smokes. But I don't want to take that too seriously lest the next cigar I try happens to be the best I ever had.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I would light my humidor on fire and smoke them all.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    . Lol!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Crusader1545:
    cabinetmaker:
    . Lol!
    ROFL. Nice.

If it came from my humidor, either a Padron 80th Year Anni Maduro, or one of the Camacho Pre-Embargos I've had aging for two years. Along the lines of Alex's post, a Tatuaje Drac would be appropriate. And if I could have anything at all... hmmm... tough call... probably the first two I mentioned, but I have a lot more high end sticks to try out hopefully before the end of the world, so I may change my mind.
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    I would have to go with my favorite cigar. The Ruination. I mean how bad would it suck to smoke a cigar you have never had because you were saving it for an occasion and it sucked. Then you died. Go with old faithful.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    As of right now, I would have to go with the Padron 80th my little brother gave me for Christmas. I'd also enjoy a glass of Jack on the rocks followed by opening a bottle of Opus 1 is I got enough time.
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    It has to be one you own because its the end of the world and you cannot wait for overnight shippipng or your dead! Hmm. I would go with either the Padron Anny I have resting or the decade. Most likely the decade.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    If the world is going to go up in flames... Then a GOF.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    docbp87:
    If the world is going to go up in flames... Then a GOF.

+1
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    For me I was leaning toward the Ruination as well. But I smoke them a lot so for my last stick it would have to be a GOF Double Robusto by Carlito. I have had several of these and they always make me smile, I enjoy them so much.

And if the world is going to end then yeah, I want to be smokin' and smilin' :)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I would small all my remaining GoF DC. All in a row! It would be one long puff fest.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    My first favorite, that really started me down this road. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #2 Maduro
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I would have to say the Oliva MBIII, or maybe a MoW Ruination. I love both of these cigars so much, I think I would have a tough time choosing...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Love it!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha HMR without a doubt.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    U have one? How would you get it once you know tha tthe word is ending??
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    U have one? How would you get it once you know that the world is ending??
    I will rape and pillage until I get one.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    For me, it would be two MoW ruinations double happiness... At the same time!!! MWUHAHAHAHA. If im goin out, it's gonna be with my favorite beer helmet filled with guiness extra stout and a delicious stoagie in each hand!!!
  • Options
    BUMPITY BUMPITY BUMPITY