Home General Discussion

Nub Cameroon!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just had to drop a quick line saying that after all the talk I finally tried a Nub Cameroon and I am VERY impressed!!! I was suprised how long it took to smoke and the taste was amazing. Was the perfect sunday afternoon treat! Can't wait to try the Habano!!

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree. This is one of my favorites. I always forget about it when we talk about go-to cigars, but this is definetly mine.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I always forget about it when we talk about go-to cigars, but this is definetly mine.
    i think thats because its still too new. I dont know about you but i have to smoke a cigar regularly for 6-8 months before I start thinking of it as a "go to"
    I still need to smoke one of these. Im behind on this.

Slacker....
    Thats probably what it is kuz. I still consider the MX2 my go to even though its easily been 3-4 months since I've had one, I don't even have any left in the humi. I didn't send you a Nub Cammie?
  • I tried the Nub Camaroon at the local store a week ago and was also very surprised by how much I liked it. My friend had the Habano and found that impressive too. We'll have to each try the opposite next time we smoke together and compare thoughts.

In a shock that I never thought would happen, I actually liked the Nub better than the Oliva Serie G, which is another cigar I like quite a bit.
    MaduroScott you'll be happy to know that Nub is coming out with a Maduro. The Mad Nub.
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    I am going to have to be the odd man out on this one. I recently smoked one after I got a box, and this cigar is still young, IMHO. It had a very sharp finish, and I don't think the Cameroon flavor was able to come out because of this. I think after a year (or so) of age, this will develop into a real nice smoke. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    MaduroScott you'll be happy to know that Nub is coming out with a Maduro. The Mad Nub.
    Oh I am SOOOOO ready for this one!!! I'm also a big maduro fan and that sounds great! The cameroon was great, I'm probably going to try the Habano this week, and as soon as I find the maduro is out in stores I'll get one. Also I picked me up a couple of one of my "go to" cigars this week. Picked some RP Edge Maduros. GREAT SMOKE!
  • That is good news about the maduro. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

I'll admit that I didn't notice a problem with a lack of 'camaroon' flavor. This was my first camaroon, so I thought that was how they are supposed to taste! In addition to my obvious addiction to maduros, I really love anything in a corojo/criollo and decided to be adventurous for a change. I'll have to see if I feel the corojo is too young.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Don't feel bad, MadScott. I smoke a lot of Cameroons, and I didn't notice a lack of Cameroon flavor in the Nub, either. I think it's very good. Easily the best in the Nub line.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Don't feel bad, MadScott. I smoke a lot of Cameroons, and I didn't notice a lack of Cameroon flavor in the Nub, either. I think it's very good. Easily the best in the Nub line.
    Good to hear, since I have the Cameroon Sampler showing up in my next order. I hope it's not the 464 though; damn thing will feel like I'm smoking a tuna can.
    Yea I definetly thought the Cammie flavor shone through perfectly.
    Smoke=Fire:
    urbino:
    Good to hear, since I have the Cameroon Sampler showing up in my next order. I hope it's not the 464 though; damn thing will feel like I'm smoking a tuna can.
    Its a torpedo so its not that bad.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I didn't send you a Nub Cammie?
    nope. no worries though. its only a matter of time before i get em.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I've only tried the Habano but really enjoyed it. Had a nice kick to it although I smoked it on an empty stomach while sort of hungry which I think contributed to the buzz. I have the cameroon in the humi aging and will try it soon. Always nice to have something to look forward to!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    This thread made me hit up the B&M to grab a Cameroon Nub today. I've had both the others, with mixed results, but I'm looking forward to the cam later this week.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    This thread made me hit up the B&M to grab a Cameroon Nub today. I've had both the others, with mixed results, but I'm looking forward to the cam later this week.
    Scrambler, I do believe you saved the best for last. I had the connecticut first and was uninspired, maybe it was the size and I felt Ihad to smoke it differently I described it as sipping it. Next the Habano, Hmmmmm, much better, last Cameroon... got five more. Best of show!