2»

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    there's only one way to verify your story
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    So these babies don't get released until October but thanks to the friendly local B&M owner I got to smoke one on Sunday. Now this isn't going to be a review bc I smoke this cigar right after smoking a Tatuaje Red Label so picking out flavors in it wasn't going to be accurate. What I can tell you is I can't wait to get more. This cigar was powerful and flavorful and I once again got lucky enough to try a cigar pre-release. :)
    Hey guys. I was just looking at these cigars in the C.COM inventory and they are IN STOCK now. There is also a good writeup regarding these leaves and the events surrounding the whole idea of this cigar. Very brief but a good read. And yes they are the Corona leaves they are using as a wrapper!!!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    So these babies don't get released until October but thanks to the friendly local B&M owner I got to smoke one on Sunday. Now this isn't going to be a review bc I smoke this cigar right after smoking a Tatuaje Red Label so picking out flavors in it wasn't going to be accurate. What I can tell you is I can't wait to get more. This cigar was powerful and flavorful and I once again got lucky enough to try a cigar pre-release. :)
    Hey guys. I was just looking at these cigars in the C.COM inventory and they are IN STOCK now. There is also a good writeup regarding these leaves and the events surrounding the whole idea of this cigar. Very brief but a good read. And yes they are the Corona leaves they are using as a wrapper!!!
    The CAO LX2? It isn't in stock on c.com, no way.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    If you wanna drive up here I'll share the cigar with you ...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    if you haven't smoked it yet, I guess there are two ways to verify your story
  • Options
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    if you haven't smoked it yet, I guess there are two ways to verify your story
    LMAO its great you find this funny most other people woulda been pissed at that jab ... if WP saw this though she'd kill ya!
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    The CAO LX2? It isn't in stock on c.com, no way.
    NO you are right. My mistake.
    There is this cigar which when you go to the site that was mentioned earlier it tells the story and that is where I got mixed up.

The cigars mentioned were PRYME by ALEX BRADLEY. Read the description it is the cigar you guys were talking about just that it is NOT the CAO version? I am a little confused here. Are these the same version of cigar offered by different manufacturers?
  • Options
    If you read the write up for the PRYME by Alex Bradley which are available AND in stock at C.COM it seems to be the cigar you guys were talking about. NO?
  • Options
    Well the cigar that started this thread was the CAO LX2 but yes it did migrate over to the PRYME, thanks for the info on it being on c.com. I think I might be ordering a few, like right now.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Well the cigar that started this thread was the CAO LX2 but yes it did migrate over to the PRYME, thanks for the info on it being on c.com. I think I might be ordering a few, like right now.
    Sorry, I didn't intend to hijack this thread. I was reffering to a cigar which was mentioned in the on going thread and thought that adding the information I found after a few minutes of research would be acceptable.

Should I have started a new thread and just referred to the information from the original thread? I am not sure how you guys like to handle the forums and what proceedures you prefer when trying to add useful information for others here. I apologize to the original poster. No offence intended. I was trying to be helpful
  • Options
    no worries, laker... we get off-track all the time.. no way we're going to avoid it. I think it's useful to see the whole thread as it develops anyway.
  • Options
    KEWL. Thanks dutyje.

again I apologize to Madurofan, as he was the person who started this thread. Can anyone out there fill in any blanks about these cigars? C.COM only carries one line from this maker and from the write up I got the impression that they were limited to 1500 boxes.

I am surprised that you mad men hadn't come across this info. before!

What will the difference between these two manufactures versions of this cigar be, anybody want to hazard a guess?

I know until you smoke it there is no certainty, but based on history of these two manufacturers any guesses? Price? quality? construction?
  • Options
    Procedures? We don't have none of those. LOL I was the original poster and don't sweat it laker ever thread on this board gets side tracked, it usually goes in a horribly wrong direction.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    KEWL. Thanks dutyje.

again I apologize to Madurofan, as he was the person who started this thread. Can anyone out there fill in any blanks about these cigars? C.COM only carries one line from this maker and from the write up I got the impression that they were limited to 1500 boxes.

What will the difference between these two manufactures versions of this cigar be, anybody want to hazard a guess?

I know until you smoke it there is no certainty, but based on history of these two manufacturers any guesses? Price? quality? construction?
    OK I'm confused?!? Two manufacturers?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    KEWL. Thanks dutyje.

OK I'm confused?!? Two manufacturers?
    Well maybe I am the one who is confused!

The thread started talking about the CAO LX2 and the makeup of the cigar etc.

Then somebody left the link to the other site and that is where I came up with the background information for the PRYME by Alex Bradley which appeared to be the same cigar makeup but by a different manufacturer.

Maybe I am confused but it seems clear to me. Two different cigars by two different makers which appear to be versions of the same cigar at least according to the "ingredients". That is why I asked about any perceived differences between these two cigars from you guys here who have a lot more knowledge about different cigar manufacturers then I do.

What am I missing Madurofan?
  • Options
    Laker, I son't believe the LX2 is using the corona as a wrapper. THe LX2 just means its a double Ligero. Like the MX2 is a Double maduro, CX2 is a double Cameroon. I don't think these two cigars really have that much in common aside from both being heavy on the Ligero.
  • Options
    OK. I just re-read the whole thread (again) and I see I screwed up. The thread started talking about the LX2 and the use of Ligero leaves. Then someone asked if Kuzi knew of any Corona leaves being used and he stated that he thought they were too small to use. Someone else came forward with the info. regarding the PRYME by Alex Bradley using the Corona leaves as a wrapper and Ligero leaves for the filler.

That is where I made the colossal leap and put a Corona wrapper on the LX2 where it instead uses Ligero leaves and NO corona leaves as a wrapper.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just to be clear ... The PRYME by Alex Bradley DOES marry a Corona Wrapper with a Mexican binder and ligero leaves from four different countries. With the combination of the ligero leaves and the Corona wrapper this must be some cigar!

Ok from now on I will read more and talk less. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    The Pryme came up because it was mentioned that the corona leaf is not used in cigar production. However, the Pryme features a corona wrapper. The corona leaf was mentioned over the course of discussing the different primings of the tobacco plant, and that the ligero is the highest priming normally used in cigar production. The corona, of a higher priming, is usually too small to use in cigar production.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Ok from now on I will smoke more and talk less. Sorry for the confusion.
    Fixed that for ya
  • Options
    dutyje:
    laker1963:
    Ok from now on I will smoke more and talk less. Sorry for the confusion.
    Fixed that for ya
    LMAO. I could'nt figure out what you were talking about at first. You are RIGHT SIR Smoke more and talk LESS! Thanks for the fix it job dutyje.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    KEWL. Thanks dutyje.

Sounds like your talking about the Pryme comparing with Lx2?

Alec Bradley, maker of Pryme, has been around for a few years and makes MAXX, Occidental, and the newly released Tempus. AB is no way associated with CAO or the Lx2 cigar. Sorry I mentioned the Pryme in this thread, but someone mentioned using Corona's as a wrapper which Pryme does.
  • Options
    I take to long to type....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jaytothen:
    Sorry I mentioned the Pryme in this thread, but someone mentioned using Corona's as a wrapper which Pryme does.
    no need to be sorry. good info was shared. isnt that what the forum is about?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    jaytothen:
    Sorry I mentioned the Pryme in this thread, but someone mentioned using Corona's as a wrapper which Pryme does.

Yeah like Kuzi16 says.. you have nothing to be sorry about. It was good information that I screwed up in my interpretation.

Then more good information came when Madurofan corrected me.

It was me who confused things, I am still a newbie to all this and have plenty to learn.

If nothing else maybe C.Com may sell a few of those PRYME's. I know I might grab a few with my next order. But I am not sure if I would get the true worth out of one of these since I am still learning what tasting the cigar is all about. Maybe a good put away for the future though!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    jaytothen:
    What he said^^
  • Options
    Lx2. ....Ligero times two...
    uh... liegero is a leaf high up on the plant. where is the leaf grown?

that was my thought proscess.

heres what i found:
    Nicaraguan wrapper, Honduran binder, Dominican and Nicaraguan filler. ...all ligero.

sounds like my kind of cigar.
  • Options
    Ridiculous if its all Ligero than its not an LX2 its an LX3, leave it up to CAO to f that up
  • Options
    just trying to stick to a theme.

...and it would be Lx4 (two different fillers)
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    just trying to stick to a theme.

...and it would be Lx4 (two different fillers)
    Yea it should be LX4, I mean they coulda got away with 3 bc you know wrapper,binder, filler but 2 BULLSH1T!