Home General Discussion

Maple & Walnut Humidor

21" x 13" x 8" 315 Count Two - 1/2 Trays - 1.5" Trays Three - 1/3 Trays - 1.5" Trays 2.75" available on bottom level Laminated Lid Detail Cost to Client - $424.28 imageimageimageimage

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    So on your website, it says your trays are typically 1.5" deep, but these are 2.75" - why the difference? From personal experience, I've seen that a tray needs to be at least 2" to stack cigars, but why 2.75"?

How much does it cost to add a lip overhang on the lid, like that purpleheart/Saints humidors has?

What do you call those thin lines on the lid that are almost outlining the walnut rectangle in the middle?

It goes without saying, but that's a beautiful humidor

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I am not much on Maple but this Combo is Awesome and the grain is cool. How many Freaking elves you have there cranking these out! DAMN! I would Like to have a Nice OLD Quarter Sawn Oak to Match all the Antique Stickley and Old Mission Furniture We have. My Humidor is Burl Wood. My WIfe is a Wood Fanatic as Am I, We are Antique junkies.......... She has been looking at your Humis she likes them but not OLD LOOKING enough for her. LOL Keep up the good work.
  • WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Posts: 328
    Thanks for the questions..... I had an overall 5-7/8" to work with on the inside.... Basically, I asked the client what he wanted. I gave several options of what we could do with the available space... and this is what he chose. Not real sure why he went with it like that... I was going to divide it up by 3's and roll with it... but, this is the option that he picked..... The lip overhang .... in my opinion works well when you add base molding.... you want the top to offset the bottom. In this case, there was no base molding, and I think it would look funny to have the lip on the top and not the bottom..... Also, the client had referred to an earlier build and said he wanted it to look like that one..... The thin lines on the lid are what I call laminated lid detail... it is an option on all my humidors and adds an additional $30 to the overall price.... there is a bit of labor involved...cutting, gluing, planing....etc.... But, I think it looks great... I wish everybody would elect for that detail.... but, in the spirit of making custom humidors - all my pricing is based off a base model that is available for under $200... some folks simply want functionality.... much like the other two maple humidors I posted.... others want bells and whistles... I try to accommodate the field.... and make available both high and low pricing - without compromising functionality. After all, it is a humidor and should do one thing... take care of our babies....
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I am not much on Maple but this Combo is Awesome and the grain is cool. How many Freaking elves you have there cranking these out! DAMN! I would Like to have a Nice OLD Quarter Sawn Oak to Match all the Antique Stickley and Old Mission Furniture We have. My Humidor is Burl Wood. My WIfe is a Wood Fanatic as Am I, We are Antique junkies.......... She has been looking at your Humis she likes them but not OLD LOOKING enough for her. LOL Keep up the good work.
    No elves... just me....
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Thanks for the explanation - very helpful :)

I have one more question - is there a "red" wood available? I'm talking something blood red

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    WaxingMoon:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    No elves... just me....
    hehe Just Joshing you Waxing its great work!
    xmacro:
    Thanks for the explanation - very helpful :)

I have one more question - is there a "red" wood available? I'm talking something blood red

Bloodwood or Padauk would be excellent!