Home Cigar 101
Options

body - flavor- strenght

Body, flavor and strength.  What are they describing?  I'm assuming that strength would describe the level of nicotine.  Flavor would describe the taste, i.e. nutty, woody, etc.  Not sure what body describes.  Can you have a full flavored, full strength, mild bodied cigar?  I've had mild bodied cigars that seemed harsh (burns the throat) and I've tried a full bodied cigar that seemed to have a very smooth smoke.  Perhaps somebody knows of a link that best helps newbies decipher the lingo.  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Body and strength are usually used to describe the same thing.

Flavor is what you taste, body is what you feel.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    hey man welcome to the forums! there are a lotta good threads on this kind of thing, just search for "body, strength, and/or flavor" and you'll be able to find something. I look at it like this: flavor, as you said, is what you smell and taste when smoking that cigar. Strength to me is how much spice, and hard the cigar is hitting me. Body is a little different. I like to think of body as how you feel while you're smoking the cigar, are the flavors and strength giving you a buzz? do you feel a bit light headed? a lot of people have different ideas and im sure ill learn more about it as well, but thats what I think, hope that helps!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mkski23:
    Perhaps somebody knows of a link that best helps newbies decipher the lingo.  Thanks!
    just do a quick search...

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/111566.aspx

try that
  • Options
    mkski23mkski23 Posts: 12

I think I got it!  Thanks everyone.  Good links Kuzi.  You da man!  I'll definitely be more inclined to pull the trigger on full flavored daily deals!  I was under the assumption that a harsh smoke would be associated with full bodied cigars.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mkski23:
    I was under the assumption that a harsh smoke would be associated with full bodied cigars.
    this is one of the makrs of a good blender... full body and flavor... but smooooooth.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    When you finish your stick and you stumble when you get up and go, wow!, That is Body!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    When you finish your stick and you stumble when you get up and go, wow!, That is Body!
    Well said!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ...or you just puffed way too fast.