Home Non Cigar Related

Guiness

2»

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    Sam Adam's Cream Stout (+1 to the earlier mentions) Bells Kalamazoo Stout is also great if you can find it. It's less creamy, more full bodied. As for non-stouts that I find pair well I must mention Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewery). It's a great amber ale and is my go-to. They make a great Whit (heffeweisen-like) called Mothership that's good if you want something light on the palate as well.
    You know, I said Sam Adams Oatmeal Stout before, but I meant Cream Stout. 1+ on the Black Lager mentioned earlier too. Ever had the Scotch Ale? I haven't seen it around much lately other than in a variety 12-pack. Good stuff too.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I know we've already progressed far beyond the Guiness in this thread, but I wanted to pop in and say:

I had some tonight at the bar, and it was yummy
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    doromath:
    Sam Adam's Cream Stout (+1 to the earlier mentions) Bells Kalamazoo Stout is also great if you can find it. It's less creamy, more full bodied. As for non-stouts that I find pair well I must mention Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewery). It's a great amber ale and is my go-to. They make a great Whit (heffeweisen-like) called Mothership that's good if you want something light on the palate as well.
    You know, I said Sam Adams Oatmeal Stout before, but I meant Cream Stout. 1+ on the Black Lager mentioned earlier too. Ever had the Scotch Ale? I haven't seen it around much lately other than in a variety 12-pack. Good stuff too.
    I think the SA scotch ale is terrible...the black lager is ok to slightly more than ok.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Nice Maduro! Great minds...
    We have great minds? Man I need to tell my wife .... :)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    I know we've already progressed far beyond the Guiness in this thread, but I wanted to pop in and say:

Wow Hays, don't forget all of us little people still drinking Guiness!

"Long ashes my friends."

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Hays:

Lol huh??? "I'M" one of those little people! Figuratively speaking ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hays:
    Krieg:
    Hays:

Lol huh??? "I'M" one of those little people! Figuratively speaking ;-)
    Ha, little my ass!