Home General Discussion
Options

My wife's Creation...KEWL eh?

After sending out a big bag of labels last year, my wife said she would like to make something out of the piles of labels I had left. So...

She says next she wants to cover a metal table for our outside morning coffee, and my cigars. I am so lucky :)

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Not that's An awesome wife!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    That looks awesome! I feel dumb... but I gotta ask... what is it? Oh, and I love looking through the labels and thinking, "Mmm, had that, had that, loved that, another good one, mmm, yum, tried that..."
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    TatuajeVI:
    That looks awesome! I feel dumb... but I gotta ask... what is it? Oh, and I love looking through the labels and thinking, "Mmm, had that, had that, loved that, another good one, mmm, yum, tried that..."

Looks like a tea tray...Awesome! Simply Awesome!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks great!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    stephen_hannibal:
    TatuajeVI:

Looks like a tea tray...Awesome! Simply Awesome!
    You got it. It is a tray with handles (you can just see them) for bringing coffee out to the table I hope she starts soon ! LMAO

I have clear coated it 6 coats on the sides and I did the bottom inside 3 times and then flooded it so there is a good base for the contact surface. I love just looking at all those memories lol.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    You sure have put a lot of sticks in your mouth.... ;-) On topic, very nice of her do to that.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    OK so i just clicked on it and looked through your photos... (I swear that's not weird)
    OMG! dude, that's a freaking black bear in your back yard!
    So Sweet!!!!

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    stephen_hannibal:
    OK so i just clicked on it and looked through your photos... (I swear that's not weird)
    So Sweet!!!!

Yea... i just did the same exact thing... and thought the same thing. HOLY $@#&... a black bear wanting a hit on your Padilla!!
  • Options
    NYHCx516x:
    stephen_hannibal:
    So Sweet!!!!

Yea... i just did the same exact thing... and thought the same thing. HOLY $@#&... a black bear wanting a hit on your Padilla!!
    Yeah, that was last summer. I posted that picture here then.

We actually see the Black Bears quite often. Lot's of apples and fruit trees everywhere, so they just come for the Salad Bar.

Every once in a while we see or hear of Cougars in the area, and that is a little more alarming, as they have been known to take peoples pets from their yard.

That particular bear is only a young one, maybe 3 years old or so.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    GOD thats nice !
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    laker1963:
    NYHCx516x:
    stephen_hannibal:
    So Sweet!!!!

We actually see the Black Bears quite often. Lot's of apples and fruit trees everywhere, so they just come for the Salad Bar.

Every once in a while we see or hear of Cougars in the area, and that is a little more alarming, as they have been known to take peoples pets from their yard.

Holy crap there are cougars and bears in gods country! We aren't in Kansas anymore. Nice tray. I have been collecting my bands to try and do a counter top. Looks like I have a lot more smoking to do. Any idea approx. how many bands were used?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    NYHCx516x:
    stephen_hannibal:
    So Sweet!!!!

Steer them my way Doug I need a small yapping dog taken care of. Sadly the coyote's that wander around my area don't come deep enough as there are plenty of cats that piss all over my bushes and a few yapping dogs that need taken care of. Though I can get in trouble if I take care of them. But bears or cougars, that will work.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    laker1963:
    NYHCx516x:
    stephen_hannibal:
    So Sweet!!!!

Holy crap there are cougars and bears in gods country! We aren't in Kansas anymore. Nice tray. I have been collecting my bands to try and do a counter top. Looks like I have a lot more smoking to do. Any idea approx. how many bands were used?
    Well, I asked. I just got "the look". So I'm guessing that menas if you want to know... start counting, LOL.

I am guessing it would be at least a couple hundred.
  • Options
    turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    That's awesome!

Actually I'm working on a collage of my own. Every time I smoke a new stick I glue the band to an 11 x 14 picture backing.

Looks sweet.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    That's a very nice creation! I have about 2-3 hundred or so I started saving around Christmas, was thinking of using for something like that.
  • Options
    I just had an idea for rings that you guys might be interested in making.

I've noticed 3D or "floating" picture frames have become popular. I was thinking about using the bands as a background and gluing thick spacers to the back of a few pictures so they appear to float above the background. The pics could be of myself enjoying a smoke on the deck or golfing...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    laker1963:
    Sandman1am:
    laker1963:
    NYHCx516x:
    stephen_hannibal:
    So Sweet!!!!

Well, I asked. I just got "the look". So I'm guessing that menas if you want to know... start counting, LOL.

I am guessing it would be at least a couple hundred.
    Not the look! Thanks
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cabinetmaker:
    That's a very nice creation! I have about 2-3 hundred or so I started saving around Christmas, was thinking of using for something like that.
    You started THIS Christmas and have 2-300? lol.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    very cool , my wife is just like that!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really a nice piece. What type of sealant did she use?
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    Water based Semi Gloss Clear Coat for hardwood floors.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    cabinetmaker:
    You started THIS Christmas and have 2-300? lol.
    That's just a low ball estimate.4-5/day x # of days/month... adds up quick.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    YankeeMan:
    Water based Semi Gloss Clear Coat for hardwood floors.
    Good to know, solvent based would probably dissolve the inks...
  • Options
    kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    excuse my french, but that's **** awesome. the reason why I keep my bands also.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That looks awesome Laker! That is basically the same look I want to do with my bands on the top of a bar for my house. I want to build a free standing bar with bottle and glass storage underneath. The only difference is there will be a glass top over the bands on the bar. That is really cool man, and if you get tired of your wife, just send her on down here! lol She seems like an awesome woman!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    That looks awesome Laker! That is basically the same look I want to do with my bands on the top of a bar for my house. I want to build a free standing bar with bottle and glass storage underneath. The only difference is there will be a glass top over the bands on the bar. That is really cool man, and if you get tired of your wife, just send her on down here! lol She seems like an awesome woman!
    A whole bar top done like this would really be incredible ! I can just see guy's sitting there while trying to find all the different bands of sticks they have enjoyed in the past.

As far as the wife thing goes, I think I am going to hang on to her. Been together for so long now (5 years together before 25 years of marriage) that after 30 years she just fits me right. We got together when we were both 17.

But just out of curiousity... what were you offering? LMAO
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Doug that is so awsome !!!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    PuroFreak:
    A whole bar top done like this would really be incredible ! I can just see guy's sitting there while trying to find all the different bands of sticks they have enjoyed in the past.

As far as the wife thing goes, I think I am going to hang on to her. Been together for so long now (5 years together before 25 years of marriage) that after 30 years she just fits me right. We got together when we were both 17.

But just out of curiousity... what were you offering? LMAO
    There is a local B&M that has a few tall cocktail tables that the owner did that. He glued the bands down then poured epoxy over the top to create a bar finish. It does look sharp.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    That's a really nice tray. Nice work on the part of the Mrs.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Bad ass Doug. I have two collages framed, one of several of the cigars I smoked on the way back to America from Iraq (the only band in it that was smoked in America is the first cigar I smoked when we landed for a little lay-over in Alaska), and one of all cigars I smoked in Hawaii. I plan to do a frame for each state I live in, lol.