Home Cigar 101
Options

3000 ct Humidor set up

Ok I have a 3000ct humidor. I have a Oasis XL plus and a Oasis II XL. I wondering what is the most efficient set up for the humidor with the two humidifiers?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    hey man do you have a pic or two of the humi? I would go with a CO on the top tier and the other on the bottom of the humi, but I would need more info and maybe a pic to, hope this helps!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    haha wow how the heck did you do that??
  • Options
    How do I post pics?
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Refer to this thread
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    table style="width:auto;">imageFrom Untitled Album Here it is.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That's a beauty. I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to humidify that thing. Sorry. I'd consult your local B&M. They would probably know best.

If I had to guess I would say to put the humidification devices on the bottom, spaced out. And mount a digital hygrometer (or two) near the top of the unit. I think humidity naturally rises, so that would make sense. cabinetmaker might be a good BOTL to consult on this one. He has a pretty complicated set-up, himself.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    From Untitled Album
    Here it is.
    You forgot to open the first html tag, edit your post and add a < to the very beginning. It should appear the way it does in the quoted portion of my post.

Aside from that, I'd put the larger Oasis on the bottom because humid air rises and put the smaller one on top to help balance things out and get more air moving.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    illinoisgolf99:
    haha wow how the heck did you do that??
    Heh, that's just a really large smiley. One of my favs! I uploaded it to imageshack.us as a .gif file. Copy and pasted the "forum code" into a post, and voila!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That looks to be exactly the same humi I have, luv. Congrats!

As far as setup, I've got my Oasis II at the back of the bottom shelf, with the controller unit at the front of the top, just inside the door. It's worked well for me. I had an XL in the top for a while, but found it wasn't necessary -- just taking up space.
  • Options

Urbino,

When you say "bottom shelf" do you mean the shelf with the holes in it ?

Pete

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that humidor would look great in my bedroom.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    Ok I have a 3000ct humidor. I have a Oasis XL plus and a Oasis II XL. I wondering what is the most efficient set up for the humidor with the two humidifiers?
    Nice humi. i have set up a few of these and I would highly recommed the Oasis II on botton and the XL up top. I would also look into a couple of small, low powered fans. those are clutch for spreading it all around and keeping it even. if you are in the market for a new unit, consider the uber large humicare electric unit. You can buy auxilary fans that plug into the unit and you can daisy chain them up the side of the humidor. then, when the big unit kicks on, all auxilary fans kick on too. I have not set one up like this but I have seen one and thought it was sweet.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    Nice humi. i have set up a few of these and I would highly recommed the Oasis II on botton and the XL up top. I would also look into a couple of small, low powered fans. those are clutch for spreading it all around and keeping it even. if you are in the market for a new unit, consider the uber large humicare electric unit. You can buy auxilary fans that plug into the unit and you can daisy chain them up the side of the humidor. then, when the big unit kicks on, all auxilary fans kick on too. I have not set one up like this but I have seen one and thought it was sweet.
    That's what I have in my humidor, but the fans are set up to run continuously. The unit rarely kicks on, as there are also heartfelt beads in the bottom box chamber as well as in each drawer. I add water maybe every 3 months, if that.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    The formatting on these posts is Freaking Me Out MAN!
  • Options
    With the fans running continously, any concern of them overheating? Also where did you place the fans?
  • Options
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:

Urbino,

When you say "bottom shelf" do you mean the shelf with the holes in it ?

Pete

Yup. That's the one.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Fourtotheflush:
    The formatting on these posts is Freaking Me Out MAN!

LOL! 10-4: Also having small - scale "freak out".
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    With the fans running continously, any concern of them overheating? Also where did you place the fans?
    No worries about the heat, they are placed about midway in the humi, pointed up.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    This is an interesting setup. I would place the largest Oasis on the bottom as near the center as possible with the other one about halfway up or two-thirds of the way up. Not at the very top. With the fans you are referring to...if they are separate from the Oasis units, I would place them near the center...if possible-one facing upward and one facing downward to get good circulation. If you cannot get one upward and one downward, don't face them both in the same direction. That seems like a lot of humidor to humidify.
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    That seems like a lot of humidor to humidify.
    'Tis. But once you've got it seasoned and loaded up, it's very stable.

Whether or not you need the second Oasis will depend a lot on your local climate, Pete. Here, it's very humid; I have trouble keeping my humi dry enough, rather than humid enough. If it's dry where you are, you may need the second one.
  • Options
    It is a dry climate. I have it set up. Large Oasis in the bottom. Smaller Oasis on the top. I have a fan pointing up on all the time. I am showing 70% from the top to bottom for 48 hours so far. My concerns are these.

1. The fan burning up and being a fire hazard.

2. How often I will have to fill the devices as someimes I am away for weeks on end?

Pete

2. How
  • Options
    #2 won't be a problem. I have to fill my Oasis II about once every three months. Even in a dry climate, I don't think you're going to have a problem. In a humi this size, the RH just isn't going to fall fast enough to do any damage whatsoever in a few days.