Home General Discussion
Options

emails from threads

Im trying to figure out why this thing says Email Subscriptions on the tops of all these threads ? I click on it .. it says email thread Or Updates on a thread.... I get nothing. does anyone have a clue ?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think the forum has this feature built in but it has not been set up by the admins or it is just broken. Same as when someone sends you a PM and you don't get notified. That's my take on it.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    sounds like what i was thinking ! Great Minds Think alike! LOL
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    As much as I love this board, the functionality of it blows! Your posts don't show up formatted as written, No email notifications on threads you want to follow, no notifications on PM's, etc. Wah, Wah, Wah.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    yeah another of the same thoughts I have had... I dont even try to format a thing Im niot that savoy for this board!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    As much as I love this board, the functionality of it blows! Your posts don't show up formatted as written, No email notifications on threads you want to follow, no notifications on PM's, etc. Wah, Wah, Wah.

Yeah, and frequent calls for the webmaster to simplify the formatting and ease of use for us poor non-programmer-type dummies seem to fall on deaf ears. A guy's practically gotta be a Philadelphia lawyer to deal with it. The other side of the coin, however, is that there are other forums out there where even I can post things like photos, etc. without long agonizing over it. Unfortunately, the members (last time I looked) of those forums aren't nearly as nice as the ones on C.Com's forum.

No such thing as a free lunch, I guess..........

Marty

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Most forums these days use phpbb code, not html. Ccom uses html. I don't mind it, as I know enough to do things.

But I totally understand people being frustrated if they are used to phpbb coding on boards.