Home Cigar 101

Coolerdor Questions

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
All right fellas, my order should be showing up today, and so all the overflow is going into a small Gott cooler (lunchbox type). As long as I clean it out, it should be fine. But I am wondering if I should place small rubber strips around the edges to improve the seal. Opinions?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well first, what are cleaning out with? Second I don't think you'll want to improve the seal, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it allowed a little air flow. Third, congrats on an order that caused overflow :D!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    As for cleaning, just Dawn dishsoap and water. I'll make sure it is well rinsed of course. I was wondering if a little airflow would hurt or help. And thanks! A whole bunch of sticks that I have been wanting to try on this one ;)
    Thats should be ok I'd wipe it down with distilled water a couple of times after you washed it with dawn. As long as it maintains the rh, the airflow is a good thing. Did you post this order anywhere?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id also put some newspaper in it overnight to draw out the smells the dawn either couldnt get out or the smell it left behind.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Thats should be ok I'd wipe it down with distilled water a couple of times after you washed it with dawn. As long as it maintains the rh, the airflow is a good thing. Did you post this order anywhere?
    Yep ;)

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/10046.aspx

And good idea kuzi on the paper. I'll throw it in and leave it there overnight. I have a couple of boxes left over, and will probably canabalize them to throw into the cooler for some spanish cedar once the cigars go in.
    Smoke=Fire:
    madurofan:
    Yep ;)

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/10046.aspx

And good idea kuzi on the paper. I'll throw it in and leave it there overnight. I have a couple of boxes left over, and will probably canabalize them to throw into the cooler for some spanish cedar once the cigars go in.
    If you're going to cannabalize a box you may want to set it in there with humidification first or wipe it down with distilled.
    Holy hell thats a nice order .... cigar party at Smokey's! BYOB ...