Home General Discussion
Options

whats your daily stick? or do you mix it up?

As Europe is coming out of the worst winter I've seen in a few it will be soon time to clean off my balcony, so I was just wondering - btw there's a good chance I might be going to FT Carson CO. I 've got a few in mild mostly maduro to start though I did pick up a few Nubs I'm curious about.

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I don't have a daily. I have a rotation of about 7 sticks that are a mix of wrappers, size, and price. When I have the chance to actually enjoy a cigar I usually pick from those, unless I feel like trying something new.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I'm nowhere near having a daily cigar or even a true go-to. Even though I'm still in the process of finding what I REALLY like (though I've only had one cigar I didn't care for and there was a GOOD reason for that...) I don't think I'll ever settle on just one. Rather I plan on finding sticks that are consistenly satisfying and always having some available.

Pretty much exactly what Russ said.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have been really on the 5 Vegas as of late bought a 50 cigar combo so lots to smoke and for the price just can't be beaten....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Right now it's the Padilla Habano. Next week or the week after? Who knows.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Don't have a daily, but my rotation is pretty exclusive... Diesel, Relic, Cu-Avana Intenso, MOW Ruination, Perdomo Habano... that's the bulk of my collection, although I did recently pickup some RP 1961 and Oliva V Maduro, just haven't smoked any yet.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I don't have a daily either, I love mixing it up with different blends and wrappers to give me a different experience every time.  If I had to choose a go-to cigar though it would be the Cusano 18 Double Maduro.. Very nice medium-bodied smoke that I really enjoy
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nope, just whatever seems good at the time.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    nope, just whatever seems good at the time.
    Yep, me too. Though, it takes me almost as long to smoke the cigar as it does to decide what to smoke, lol.

Variety is the spice of life, as they say. And there are way too many fantastic cigars out there for me to stick with only a few. I have a wide variety of Padilla, DPG, LFD, Tatuaje, RP, AJ Fernandez, etc. And a bunch of random singles from trades. Gotta decide what to smoke later on today...
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    I dont have a daily, but i do have a couple of "go to" sdticks. The Man O' War Ruination, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, and the Rocky Patel 92.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No daily. I usually get samplers in the medium to full body strength and try them on a rotating basis. My favorites tend to me Montecristo, Macanudo and the Diesel.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I am with most of the rest of these posts that I dont really have a go to but lately I have been smoking mostly stuff from Alec Bradley. I have been really enjoying the SCR and the Tempus. But I have been changing it up a bit but mostly those and that will change shortly just like my last kick I was on.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'm smoking about 2-4 A. Fernandez signature maduros a day right now while working, at night I smoke something else, could be anything in my humi, but I save it for the recliner. I'm getting close to having to order more AF sig maddys, I'm down to just over 60...
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    cabinetmaker:
    I'm smoking about 2-4 A. Fernandez signature maduros a day right now while working, at night I smoke something else, could be anything in my humi, but I save it for the recliner. I'm getting close to having to order more AF sig maddys, I'm down to just over 60...
    60? How many did you originally buy? haha. Been wanting to try these. I passed on the original release, but really enjoyed the non-maduro version.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    An "everyday" cigar to me means something that won't break the bank but is good. For me, I have three. Sol Cuban Cubano Cabinet, 5 Vegas (Classic, Miami, A), and the Padilla Habano.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    cliff t:
    As Europe is coming out of the worst winter I've seen in a few it will be soon time to clean off my balcony, so I was just wondering - btw there's a good chance I might be going to FT Carson CO. I 've got a few in mild mostly maduro to start though I did pick up a few Nubs I'm curious about.

Hi Cliff, Let me know if you get to Ft Carson....... Right down I25 from me. I am not a daily smoker so Im no help. I do injoy a weekend stick wich is anything Maduro right now.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I mix and match regularly. Depends on the day and mood
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I mix it up a lot, but my go to is the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. I always have these on hand for emergencies.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I don't have a single go to, but it seems I have a few in rotation that turns the crank at uncertain intervals. I kept getting very good deals on Padilla's '32s (so I really stocked up). So I have been mixing those with AB tempus, Oliva V, Camacho corojo and the diploma maduro.

I keep throwin' in others as well, but at this moment those seem to be the ones I really want to smoke.

I guess I really want to smoke my Tats, VSGs, ESGs, Padron, Opus, etc... but I am trying to refrain from that... :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have very few multiples in my humidor. most that are doubles or triples are in the aging humidor and i dont smoke on the daily. i think the only cigar in my smoking humidor (that has appx 70 cigars in it) that has a twin is the 5 vegas limitada 08. i switch it up every day.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    60? How many did you originally buy? haha. Been wanting to try these. I passed on the original release, but really enjoyed the non-maduro version.
    I originally bought 60 + 20 Oliveros XL bold, and 2 bundles of flor de Oliva. I smoke up to 8 in a day, so not having a cheap daily was starting to hurt my inventory. Anyways, I liked the A. Fernandez maduros so much I bought 40 more...