Home General Discussion
Options

Cohiba

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I got 2 Cohiba Esplendidos, churchill's!! Never had em before. Straight from Havana Cuba! Now it says that these should not be had if you are new to smoking cigars. I'm curious as to why? I've never had one before and about to run to my B&M to get a water pillow and a bag from him. I have only had maybe 3 cigars the past 3 weeks and before that, none. I dont want to get a headache or a nausea after I have it, so I'm askin you guys.
I have 2 Churchill's sitting on my desk and if I find how to attach a picture, I'll do it.
Thanks
Shawn

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Yea.... you don't wanna smoke those.... you'll definitely get sick. Oh well, if you want, I could take them off your hands as a favor. It's the least I could do for a fellow BOTL. LOL!

All kidding aside, who the poop says you should not have them???? They're flat out wrong. I find Cohibas to be on the medium side. Not very strong at all. They're smooth, tasty and give off a very pleasant aroma. Smoke away, grasshopper!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    zeebra:
    I got 2 Cohiba Esplendidos, churchill's!! Never had em before. Straight from Havana Cuba! Now it says that these should not be had if you are new to smoking cigars. I'm curious as to why? I've never had one before and about to run to my B&M to get a water pillow and a bag from him. I have only had maybe 3 cigars the past 3 weeks and before that, none. I dont want to get a headache or a nausea after I have it, so I'm askin you guys.
    I have 2 Churchill's sitting on my desk and if I find how to attach a picture, I'll do it.
    Thanks
    Shawn
    First off Congrats on the new addition to your family, second I wouldn't post this on here! LOL Seriousley.... i would seek men that have allot of input on this forum and Private message them with these questions. This post would be like me posting i was in Possession of Anthrax or some kind of Illegal Chemical. you never know who might be surfing these forums. Have a good day ! Peace
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    When I was in Jamaica this past January I had me a bunch of Cohiba Esplendidos. I love them ! I didnt think they were too strong. But yes you might want to be a lil careful talking about that openly.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Oz makes some good points. Other than that, usually it says that on the Cohiba package because of this: thousands of people pick up Cohibas every day just because of the name, and they have no idea what they're doing in terms of body. So, the brand puts that on there as a deterrent against people buying something fuller than a mild stick.

Edit: go Here to learn how to post pictures. I also noticed that you said you've smoked maybe 3 sticks - I recommend just putting these in storage, and keeping them until you've had some more experience. This isn't to say that you can't smoke them now...there's just no reason to and I think you'd enjoy them more with some more experience under your belt.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    As long as they are properly humidified, they will keep for a long time. Well, long enough for you to build up to them at least.
  • Options
    Well I searched online and it had said that "it is not for beginners" . I'll just take your guys advice about it and enjoy them and decide for myself.
    They have been in a freinds humi for about a year now. Since I was new to cigars and always wanted to try them, he dropped them by for me.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Store them properly. If they are sitting on your desk without any humidification, they are like a fish out of water. Or like a Lasabar without a Miller Lite.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Hope you like them. Curious to read about your thoughts on them.

Since you are just beginning to smoke cigars, I suggest you have a meal before you light up.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Never been a fan of the Cuban Cohibas. Over-rated and way over priced. Now the Cuban Romeo y Julieta is a different story.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    It is never a bad time to have a Cohiba.....key is, make sure it is after a good meal, have it with your fave drink and most important have it when you are not rushed in ideal weather conditions if smoking outside. NOW I will say you would probably enjoy it more with a more refined palet because it is an expensive cigar to smoke and not really be able to identify and really sense what it is your tasting, THAT is an entirely subjective opinion though.
  • Options
    All great advise fellas. I wll def. wait and have some more sticks before I try these, just so I know or can tell a difference. Maybe 6-8 months I will revisit them and update this thread.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    If Cohiba's fall into my hands I make quick work of them LOL. I wouldn't be concerned with strength of those, do take some time by reading here and learn something about this fine pastime we enjoy. Those are tasty sticks, enjoy!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    If Cohiba's fall into my hands I make quick work of them LOL. I wouldn't be concerned with strength of those, do take some time by reading here and learn something about this fine pastime we enjoy. Those are tasty sticks, enjoy!
    i would worry less if you had a full meal in advance.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Kuzi is right, until you know what your tolerance level is, take it easy. I would spark one at 5:30 am before breakfast for starters, but that's just me.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Kuzi is right, until you know what your tolerance level is, take it easy. I would spark one at 5:30 am before breakfast for starters, but that's just me.
    LMAO!!! hahaha! I'm sure you would. I'm probably on my 3rd dream at that time.