Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar for a New Baby

My one and only child will be born this summer. I would like to get a box of cigars to celebrate the occasion. If you could buy a box of cigars, money not being an issue, what would it be?

Okay, money is almost no issue. I am not going to go out and buy that $995 box of Opus Xs.

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Congrats! My first is about to be born in the next few weeks. I bought a box of 10 Tat Black Tubos that I'll smoke on her birthday every year. There are a bunch of other great sticks you could pick up as special cigars. Some of my favs:

Padron 1964 Maduro (box of 25 runs around $250 depending on size)
    La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Maduro (Chisel!)
    Fuente Anejo Shark (should go for about $15 a piece in a shop)
    man, I just listed three maduros... gotta convince people I smoke something other than maduros...
    Man o War Ruination (or the new special edition one comes in a box of 10!)
    There are a ton more of recommendations you'll be getting. Congrats, man!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I think it was Krieg that bought a box of Padron Family Reserve and is going to smoke one a year until his kid turns 18.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Has anybody had the My Father that is featured on the web site?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    buy a box of whatever you love. plain and simple. are you giving these away or keeping for yourself. Obviously this has a big bearing on what price point you will be at. I would buy a box of Anejos, but that's just me and my tastes. Are you here or across the ocean right now?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I smoked a My Father last week. (robusto as I remember). I gotta be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. I have another, so I'll give her another try. It's gotten rave reviews, so it's possible I just had a bad one.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    dennisking:
    buy a box of whatever you love. plain and simple. are you giving these away or keeping for yourself. Obviously this has a big bearing on what price point you will be at. I would buy a box of Anejos, but that's just me and my tastes. Are you here or across the ocean right now?
    I'm overseas right now but I will most definitely be home when the baby is born.

I ma thinking about the Camacho Liberty as well.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    I think it was Krieg that bought a box of Padron Family Reserve and is going to smoke one a year until his kid turns 18.
    Yeah, it was me. I bought a box of Padron Family Reserves 45. GREAT looking cigars. I can't wait to have one...which will be in late June or July :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I will make a legal suggestion based on where you are from....You should pay homage to the God Of Fire box of 8 or 10, can't go wrong!
  • Options
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Yeah, it was me. I bought a box of Padron Family Reserves 45. GREAT looking cigars. I can't wait to have one...which will be in late June or July :)
    Man, that 18th cigar is going to be fantastic.
  • Options
    Oh, and congratulations on your new baby :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Congrats on the new baby!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jpclotfelter:
    My one and only child will be born this summer. I would like to get a box of cigars to celebrate the occasion. If you could buy a box of cigars, money not being an issue, what would it be?

Okay, money is almost no issue. I am not going to go out and buy that $995 box of Opus Xs.
    I would buy a box of whatever my favorite expensive stick was right now. Put them away to smoke one for the birth, one each year after that up to the 18th, and the final stick would be for some other BIG milestone in your childs life like High School or University Graduation or maybe a wedding, or maybe best of all, the birth of their first your first grandchild. That would be a stick with some SERIOUS age on it.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Who says I need to stop at 18...I think I will buy another box in a few months, and start smoking those after I finish the last one from the box I just bought! Age an entire box for 18 years. That would be an accomplishment..(not to mention raising your kids for 18 years)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't give a cigar to a baby.... Anyway I would say if money isn't an issue then go for some gurkha HMR's. If that's too much, then whatever you really like. I don't really link dates with cigars, but if I had the scratch I'd buy a opus x lost city humi.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Who says I need to stop at 18...I think I will buy another box in a few months, and start smoking those after I finish the last one from the box I just bought! Age an entire box for 18 years. That would be an accomplishment..(not to mention raising your kids for 18 years)
    Very ambitious. If you don't smoke them, that box of cigars could pay for you kid's college.