Home General Discussion
Options

Black Mold update

A few weeks ago I posted a message about black mold growing in my humidifier. I am happy to say that my humi and cigars are doing just fine. I separated my cigars into Ziplocs with water pillows, sanded my humi then wiped it out with a water alcohol solution. My humi is sitting empty with a gel pack keeping it at 72% and so far I have seen no mold. My cigars all look fine and don't appear to have any mold on them. In honor of St. Patty's Day and avoiding a HUGE disaster I think I'm going to smoke my Ashton VSG and drink some Irish Whisky (as if I had any other plans for today :) Thanks to all those who posted, it was a great help! I think I'll have a drink for all of you as well.

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Another satisfied cusomter of the ccom forum!!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sweet, glad to hear everything turned out well

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    You should send me some of your sticks for further testing to ensure that they are 100% mold-free.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Glad to hear all worked out well. Just want to bring it to your attention that at %72 with sticks in the humi, you don't have a lot of room before you reach that scary %75 RH. Keep a close eye on your humi if you do prefer to keep it in the %70+ range. Good luck bro'.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Why just one drink...have a double for me!!!
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    glad to hear it worked out