Home General Discussion
Options

Celebratory St. Paddy's Day Stick

Hey all it's St. Patrick's Day and I just got out of class and I want to smoke a cigar and enjoy the gorgeous weather. Here are the choices (first person to post a choice is the cigar I smoke):

Argenese Uno Puro
Perdomo Lot 23
5 Vegas AAA
Oliveros XL Bold
CCom Corojo Label

ready... aaaand.. GO!

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    What, no Erin Go Braghs?
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    definately the AAA. had one the other night!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    done and DONE.. was it the one I sent you? what'd you think of it?
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    that it was! it was AWESOME! i can easily see a box purchase in my future! i posted a mini review in whatcha smokin tonight if you wanna check it out. thanks bro!
  • Options
    no problem! just got done smoking it and WOW was it good! a gorgeous day and a beautiful, tasty cigar with plenty of flavor and paired well with a Maker's Mark with a splash of coke :) I have 7 or so resting and once those are gone I will definitely be getting a box! Glad you enjoyed yours Alex!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I love the Triple A. I'll have to try pairing one with some bourbon this weekend. I'm out of Maker's at the moment. Woodford Reserve will have to do.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    I love the Triple A. I'll have to try pairing one with some bourbon this weekend. I'm out of Maker's at the moment. Woodford Reserve will have to do.

Ill have to try the Woodford Reserve.. still not technically "legal" to purchase it but I do love trying new bourbon, scotch, whiskey, etc.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    What, no Erin Go Braghs?
    I actually have an Erin Go Bragh!! I was thinking about having a glass of Jameson and lighting one up tonight after the kiddies are asleep. (I have plenty of back-ups, in case it's not to my liking.)
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    lilwing88:

Big fan of the woodford.

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. It has a green band. And they are fabulous.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    lilwing88:

Big fan of the woodford.

I am as well. Very very good.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    zoom6zoom:
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. It has a green band. And they are fabulous.
    Good call! Green and delicious!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    What, no Erin Go Braghs?
    I actually have an Erin Go Bragh!! I was thinking about having a glass of Jameson and lighting one up tonight after the kiddies are asleep. (I have plenty of back-ups, in case it's not to my liking.)
    Did you end up having one? If so, how was it?
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    What, no Erin Go Braghs?
    Did you end up having one? If so, how was it?
    I had one. It wasn't bad. Although, I think it would have paired better with a Guiness. The Irish whiskey-infused cigar/glass of Irish whiskey combo was overkill..... But as far as the stick goes here's a short review:

Without getting into it too much, pre-light it felt kind of spongey. It had an almost floral tobacco smell to it. Like a very sweet whiskey. It cut and lit without any issues. Draw was fine. Taste was a little on the bitter side, at first. The burn was clean and the smoke out put was average. It started to come together about an inch in. Then I could really pick up the whiskey flavors on my tongue. Which is why the glass of whiskey became redundant. It was pretty much as advertised: Mild to medium. Smooth and creamy with a hint of whiskey on the finish. Kind of like an Irish Carbomb (that's a shot of Bailey's and whiskey dropped into a glass of Guiness, in case you didn't know) I'll probably smoke one again next year. But next time I'll pair it with a Guiness.