Home General Discussion
Options

What weather!!!

Got off work a few hours early. Temps in the mid 60's. How could this not be the start of a beautiful outdoor smoking season! A nice smoke (Gurkha Sig 101), some reading material, and fresh air. Its been a while since I could sit on the porch and smoke without getting frostbite here in WI.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    sweetness....
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah! Came in off the lake today after a day of fishing and smoking and promptly changed into shorts, tennies, and a hawaiian shirt. Smoking season is indeed here.

Marty

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I got my new mag today too. I wanted to go out and smoke but the damn lawnmowers get my allergies going so I stayed in.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I got my new mag today too. I wanted to go out and smoke but the damn lawnmowers get my allergies going so I stayed in.
    I know that feeling. I've been taking Zyrtec for my allergies and it barely puts a dent in them, I'm gonna be dying here in a few weeks when all the flowers start going crazy and the pollen is flying.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    the weather this week here has SUCKED. it feels like january. i think the highest it has gotten was 55 and VERY cloudy.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Got off work a few hours early. Temps in the mid 60's. How could this not be the start of a beautiful outdoor smoking season! A nice smoke (Gurkha Sig 101), some reading material, and fresh air. Its been a while since I could sit on the porch and smoke without getting frostbite here in WI.

Neil, aint it grand. But they're talkin Gdam snow by this weekend. Oh well that's why we appreciate it all the more. BTW, is that an ash tray or a squash cut in half? Lol
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That is a nicely staged pic, well done!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I like your idea but isn't that an oxymoron by saying that you are going to go outside for some fresh air and a smoke? HA!
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    fla-gypsy:
    That is a nicely staged pic, well done!

Mark... its actually an ashtray... ill get a better pic to post tomorrow.

gypsy.. thanks. just laid my stuff out, ran inside for a second, and looked at it when i came back out... and.. went back in for the camera, lol.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    nice day here today as well. I am seriously ready to build a fire in the fire pit and just watch the streams in the backyard while smoking away.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    gorgeous day in Michigan, too. I had a Tatuaje red label this afternoon. Then I grilled some BBQ chicken for dinner, followed by grilled peaches for dessert. Wonderful day!
  • Options
    wingertgwingertg Posts: 13
    MarkH:
    NYHCx516x:

Neil, aint it grand. But they're talkin Gdam snow by this weekend. Oh well that's why we appreciate it all the more. BTW, is that an ash tray or a squash cut in half? Lol
    Beautiful Indeed!!! I was nice up here in GB and I got to enjoy a Hoy De Monterrey Dark Sumatra with some Irish Whiskey. But lets not talk about that snow. I finally got my motorcycle out and I'm not happy that next week is going to be cold again.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Had a fantastic smoke this evening out on the patio. Can't wait for spring to get into full swing! Great photo too.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    I am jealous, plain and simple. It was a beatiful day today, but instaed of smoking, I worked until 11pm... Its a damn good thing I love my job...
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Saw it's supposed to be almost 70 here (I'm about just south of the Ill state line) today. Hope you get time for another pic. Don't know why, but looking at the last one was really relaxing for some reason...
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    This was the nicest day I have had in a while. Its the first cigar I have had sitting out in the back yard all year. I got home from work took my daughter outside and fired up a 5 Vegas Classic. Sat out there for almost 2 hours watching her play and smoking my cigar. I didnt even care that it had some burn issues that eventually worked themselves out I was just happy to be there. I figured go with the cheap stick because I was going to have to get up alot and chase my daughter around the yard. I will be firing up my first LFD Airbender tonight after dinner and my wife gets home. I just hope its as nice then as it is now. 65 and not a cloud in the sky. God I love spring.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66 and sunny today. Got the patio furniture set up, had a nice cigar outside in the sun and grilled some sausage. Overall, a great day!
  • Options
    I envy all of you guys. Here in Arizona I can feel the end of outdoor smoking season is upon us. It's already been up to the high 80s with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. I'm new to the cigar game and it seems like I'll be hunting to find a local cigar lounge with a strong air conditioner in the next month or so.
  • Options
    Ah, what weather. I have a bit of a horror story about the rain storm we just had in the Northeast. I live in a basement unit of an apartment complex that decided to leak all the rain down into our apartment. Less than one week before, I had my humidor in the very spot that water was coming in on. I wouldn't have time to save them by the time I noticed the damp carpet. I'm still torn up a bit, but thank the maker I forgot to put them back after checking the humidity. Suffice to say, I'm moving to a 7th floor apartment...with a balcony and a view. After the move, I can't wait to set up a chair/ashtray/cigar/sunset combo.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    75 yesterday..... 70 today....... 25 tomorrow and a foot of heavy wet snow........ back to 75 on monday....... god'a love Colorado weather.