Home General Discussion
Options

Excellent cigar day!

So, I wake up this morning and find a box on my porch with 20 Graycliff 1666, 5 Camacho 1962, and 5 Victor Sinclair Vintage. Not bad.

Then I head to a B&M to see if they have anything new or cool, end up with just a couple of Gurkha Vintage Shaggy Torpedoes. Since I bought the last 2, they let me take the nifty looking box. Pretty good cigar day so far, without even lighting one up yet.

Then I head to my usual B&M to help out a BOTL. I brought a 1666 for the manager to try, she's a huge Graycliff fan but hadn't tried their newest. She returns the favor by giving me a Professionale. As I'm getting the handful of Fuente Anejo's I came for, I ask if by chance she has any Savinellis. She says she thinks she has a box somewhere in the storage humi. Comes out from the back with a box of ELR Maduros.

I end up walking out with 5 AF Anejos, 2 Savinelli ELR Maduros, a DPG Cuban Classic, a RP Summer Collection '08, The traded Graycliff, and 3 freebies, an H. Upmann Reserve, H. Upmann Maduro, and a Private Stock by Davidoff.

I have this gorgeous collection of new smokes in front of me, but now I'm off to work for the next 6-8 hours. I can't wait to get home to light one of these things up.

Comments

• Options
    dan7876dan7876 Posts: 47
    Wow, nice haul...sure is a good feeling.  Hard part is knowing they're waiting for you while you're unavailable, I totally agree.  I've not had a smoke in a few days, and was going to take this afternoon off and step out back for a while with a Sol Cubano Sumatra, but...it's friggin raining right now with no signs of letting up.  So for what it's worth, I'm wishing the circumstances were different right now too.  But when the time comes - enjoy!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That IS an excellent day, Scram. Extremely excellent.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Wow, Scrambler.. that's an amazing haul! Dan, I'm in the same boat (literally) today unfortunately.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Helluva Score Scram! That RP Summer is good!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler, It sounds like you picked up like, 50 new sticks ! And all of them on the A team. It looks like you are gathering some kind of collection there in the Big Easy. I sent you a PM ,
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Want to share... damn good haul....
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    dan7876:
    Hard part is knowing they're waiting for you while you're unavailable,
    Worse is knowing that I'll only be able to smoke one at a time! I'm gonna have trouble chosing between the Anejo and the Savinelli when I get home.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i hear the anejo ages well. ya may want to let it sit.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Nice going Scram! Just think of how much sweeter that smoke is going to be after the wait.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Hey Scrambler, glad to hear that on that day life smiled on you :D It's days like that that make up for the others. Enjoy your smokes. :)
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Wow, Christmas in August! Nice haul.
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    sounds like agreat day i like the savinelli elr maduro
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to hear a review or just your thoughts on the Gurkha Vintage Shaggy. I've been eyeing those for a while and can't make up my mind on whether or not to drop the cash on a 5er of those or the Grand Age.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Don't think I've had a vintage shaggy whats the diff between it and the regular shaggy.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments. I smoked one of the Savinellis last night, it was pretty good. I got a lot of sweetness from it, at one point I swear I tasted pineapple.

kuzi, I'm sure the Anejo does age well, but how will I appreciate the difference if I don't have a baseline to compare it to? I guess I'll have to light one soon... :-)

Mad, I don't think there is a difference, I think all the Shaggys are Vintage Shaggys, http://www.gurkhacigars.com/cigar_vintageShaggy.cfm says: An eight year old Dom wrapper with five year old Dom filler and binder. This Dominican Puro is the first from Gurkha. There are only a few Dominican Puro's made in the world today, but only Gurkha uses very aged wrapper, binder, and filler to make it such an exciting cigar to smoke.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    WOW. Man you must be livin' right eh? So what do you say, you into adopting a full grown man with a two cigar a day habit?! I got here first guys, the line forms behind me!