Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

BOTL Fantasy Baseball League

Hey Fellas -

I've been trying to get this league started and now it's time to get serious. JZ, Lilwing, Matt Marvel, myself and one more player (I believe it's Lilwing's Father-in-Law) are currently signed up. So we are about half way there. It's a basic 5x5 (Using OBP instead of AVG, but that may change) Head to Head league. I figured each owner could put in $25 (if the pot is $250, I thought $25 to each division winner, $150 to the champ and $50 to second place). I'll use the money to get Ccom gift certs and they will be presented to the winners. You could do some damage with those.

The league is set up at Yahoo. We need at least 10 guys to make it interesting. I hope we can get this going. Should be fun. Head to Head promotes the trash talking as well. I currently have a live draft date set up for Mar 28th, so we have about 9 days to fill her up.

Let me know if you want in and I'll PM you the login info.

Thanks!

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    my bad... kingjk729 is the 5th owner... still need 5 more...
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Baseball & Cigar fans, there is still time to join but time is ticking! Draft is Sunday evening. The oppotunity to win a big cigar.com gift certificate is really good!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I want in!
    Awesome... you have a PM
    this will make it easier... here is the league info:
    League ID#: 307418
    League Name: BOTL Baseball
    Password: cigar

Sign up if you want in... The cap is set at 12 teams, but that shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure to use your Ccom screenname as your team name so we can keep track... $25 per person... Champ, runner up and division winners will all get Ccom gift certificates as a prize... pool should be $250 or $300... sign up!!!
    it's at yahoo
    I gathered, who am I sending funds to?
    it will all come to me but there is no rush... lets get the league full... I'll set a deadline at some point... Mid April, for example...
    Sweet, good deal. This is fun!
    Six teams are confirmed, a 7th may be on the way... I would LOVE to get this to 8 or 10 teams... Still time to join... Live online Draft is Sunday
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball is for girls. Good day.
    jsnake:

you are correct...

Photobucket
    jsnake:
    Then when can we expect to see your team? lol
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    jsnake:

you are correct...

Photobucket
    Great response! I can't wait for football season. I like going to a baseball game but I can't follow it and hate when it is on tv. I like going to Royals games and Springfield Cardinals which is a minor league team for St. Louis.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    robbyras:
    jsnake:

you are correct...

Photobucket
    Great response! I can't wait for football season. I like going to a baseball game but I can't follow it and hate when it is on tv. I like going to Royals games and Springfield Cardinals which is a minor league team for St. Louis.
    Well, that explains why you think baseball is for girls....... you're a Royals fan!!!!! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    so It looks like we are gonna end up going with 6 guys as no one else has stepped up... I'm ok with guy guys... $100 to the winner $50 to second place... top 4 make the playoffs... Sounds good to me
    robbyras:
    this will make it easier... here is the league info:

Sign up if you want in... The cap is set at 12 teams, but that shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure to use your Ccom screenname as your team name so we can keep track... $25 per person... Champ, runner up and division winners will all get Ccom gift certificates as a prize... pool should be $250 or $300... sign up!!!
    Another shameless bump... we'll go with as many teams as we can... Live online draft is sunday at 3pm pacific... just PM me if you join...
    For $25 there is a great chance to win a $50 or $100 Cigar.com giftcard!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm really excited about this league. I'm ready to draft tomorrow!
    Still time to join... draft is in 2 hours...
    Yahoo.com
    I've got the best team.
    You guys ready for your beat down next week? Haha.

By the way, that picture of Alyssa Milano makes me want to become a Dodgers fan.
    Matt Marvel:

By the way, that picture of Alyssa Milano makes me want to become a Dodgers fan.
    looks like you get to lose to me first Matty... might want to take a look at your situation at second...
    I'll try to get you my money this weekend through paypal. keeps slipping my mind, sorry!
    robbyras:
    Matt Marvel:

looks like you get to lose to me first Matty... might want to take a look at your situation at second...
    Damn, I forgot I drafted him. Not like it matters, I'll win the 'ship without a second baseman.

I'll save you all the embarrassment though, and do something about it. :)
    Sorry for the double post.
    First game of the season tonight! Just a note, Cliff Lee is going on the 15 day DL.
    Just a friendly reminder... baseball is still going on! Our league's playoff starts in about three weeks, and depending on how this week goes, I'll be in second place.
    I've been holding down first place for most of the season, but my lead is slipping... I need to do a better job of using my weekly roster moves...

just a reminder that Betasynn and kingjk haven't paid their league dues yet... get that $ in fellas...
    robbyras:
    I've been holding down first place for most of the season, but my lead is slipping... I need to do a better job of using my weekly roster moves...

just a reminder that Betasynn and kingjk haven't paid their league dues yet... get that $ in fellas...
    The race for first could be an exciting one. This could've been a really fun league had it not disappointingly died off the way it did.