Home General Discussion
Options

Wife's out of town this wekend.......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Got some major smoking to do. I think I will get through an Anejo, a GOF, a couple ISOMs, an Ashton VSG and some others I've been meaning to try. Not that I'm celebrating her departure, or anything. In fact, I'll miss her dearly (***sniff, sniff***). It's just that I never have time to sit back by myself and have more than one stick at time. Oh well, it'll be a smokefest of my own this weekend. I'll update the progress here as I go.....
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    sounds awesome, good luck!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Man, sounds awesome! Wish I could join you!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Well if you leave now, you could make it my place by the time I get back from dropping her off at the airport!!
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    TatuajeVI:
    Well if you leave now, you could make it my place by the time I get back from dropping her off at the airport!!
    If only...
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    kinda the same boat. Girlfriend is outta town. So, ill be doing the same thing!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    From this day forth, your weekend shall be known as "The Weekend of the Super Premiums". seriously, you saving those for a celebration or what. You gonna bail out some hookers from the jail and get ya some nose candy and make a real weekend out of it or what, just sayin
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Enjoy, my wife was gonna be gone, but it wasn't to be, oh well at least she doesn't care if I smoke on the patio. PM to you lilwing88
  • Options
    dennisking:
    From this day forth, your weekend shall be known as "The Weekend of the Super Premiums". seriously, you saving those for a celebration or what. You gonna bail out some hookers from the jail and get ya some nose candy and make a real weekend out of it or what, just sayin
    Bail-out? No. That's what my buddy turn-key is for. He works the lock-up right down the street from me. I'm just gonna "borrow" a couple working girls from him and some "supplies" from the evidence room.

JOKING!!!!!

Geez, I hope no one from Internal Affairs is on this site! LOL!
  • Options
    brotheradam:
    Enjoy, my wife was gonna be gone, but it wasn't to be, oh well at least she doesn't care if I smoke on the patio. PM to you lilwing88
    never got a PM from you......
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Good plan, enjoy!
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    lilwing88:
    brotheradam:
    never got a PM from you......
    See if just go the one I sent you
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'M COMING OVER!! I'll be there in about 9 hours. Keep the wings warm.

Actually, my wife is going out with the girls tonight so once the kids go to bed I'll be outside with a stick.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    You mean she didn't leave you a "honey-do" list to keep ya busy?
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    You mean she didn't leave you a "honey-do" list to keep ya busy?
    Nope. But we do have a real estate showing on Sunday. So I'll be doing some cleaning this weekend.....
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I will be in same boat next week, although it will be an ENTIRE week lol......I will be able to indulge in both my hobbies without regard....sticks and tunes blasting! This opportunity comes but once a year!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Get some strippers and have a PARTY!!!!
  • Options
    Well, as promised I am updating this smokefest thread. I have just enjoyed my first stick. It was an H. Upmann Coronas Major. A 5 1/8 x 42 lovely. Very tightly packed. A very tight draw, but still enjoyable. I decided to step it off with an ISOM. I'm classy like that......

I'm not going to review this one, for obvious reasons, but lets just say that I'm glad I picked this one to kick off a weekend of smoking bliss.

Next up......... I don't know. While I peruse my catalog of many many smokes, the next person to throw out a stick that I have, I'll smoke that one.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Since I have a couple of these bad boys on the way why don't you fire up an Anejo, what #?
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Since I have a couple of these bad boys on the way why don't you fire up an Anejo, what #?
    I actually have a #46...... I'm cuttin it now.
  • Options
    Had the #46. Wow. What a good smoke. I think that'll do for tonight. I'm tired and I have a long day ahead of me of more smokin to do.....
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    you can always say what ISOM you had, just not where it is from
  • Options
    Yum, Anejo. Looking forward to one of those sometime soon!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'd be doing the samething! Have fun and let us know how u like those smokes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Oh man last time I had something like this... I got super drunk and smoked in the house.
    When I kinda came around it hit me... I was like WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    Found out burning coffee beans in a skillet pretty much gets the smoke smell out of anything.
    Have fun and smoke away.

• Options
    Well, my smokefest has hit a bump in the road. It's 31 and snowing here in Chicago. So, my plans for a morning and afternoon smoke are out. I may still get an afternoon one in if I can get to the B&M. But tonight I'll be at a lounge smoking and drinking to my hearts content.......
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Well, my smokefest has hit a bump in the road. It's 31 and snowing here in Chicago. So, my plans for a morning and afternoon smoke are out. I may still get an afternoon one in if I can get to the B&M. But tonight I'll be at a lounge smoking and drinking to my hearts content.......
    Same here man. Its cold, flurries here in madison. AND my head cold came back with a vengeance. Im taking sudefed and vitamin C like crazy... see if i can salvage the afternoon at the cigar bar.
  • Options
    First day of spring my @ss image
  • Options
    For my afternoon smoke I went to the B&M and thoroughly enjoyed a Nestor Miranda Dominicano Oscuro 6 x 60 Super Toro. This thing packed a puch. I had a full stomach from lunch and it still made me a little woozy. I'm a fan of these from now on. It had some burn issues half way through, but with a little correction, it was fine. Now some house cleaning and off to another B&M tonight for a herf.........
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    lilwing88:
    For my afternoon smoke I went to the B&M and thoroughly enjoyed a Nestor Miranda Dominicano Oscuro 6 x 60 Super Toro. This thing packed a puch. I had a full stomach from lunch and it still made me a little woozy. I'm a fan of these from now on. It had some burn issues half way through, but with a little correction, it was fine. Now some house cleaning and off to another B&M tonight for a herf.........

Sounds like you're coping well. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Well, the last night of the "weekend w/out the wife" ended with a herf at The Humidor in Westmont, IL. This was a cool shop. I'll be visiting there again. They had a nice selection, reasonable prices, friendly staff and a nice lounge. I went in there thinking Tatuaje, but they only had the Havana blend and I've been dying to try some of the other blends. So, I called an audible and went with a LFD Chisel Maduro and tried the method pointed out by dennisking earlier in another thread. I pinched the cap instead of cutting, creating a nice opening. I don't know if I did it wrong, or if I'm just used to a heavier draw, but I ended up cutting it after about an inch and a half into it, to open up the draw. Then I had a pleasant experience. After that, I followed up with a Gurkha Legend Signature Series Maduro. This was an excellent smoke. Very full bodied. Great draw. Consistent burn. None of the wrapper issues that people seem to have with Gurkhas. A very enjoyable stick from light to finish.

But most importantly, I met up with some great BOTLs and shared some good rum and had some great conversations. And isn't that really what it's all about?