Home General Discussion
Options

Cigars for a wedding that is a year off...

dont start the congrats or the sorry's yet....its my brothers wedding. They are thinking of having a roller at the their reception (which would be fun but I like to have a little age on some smokes not to mention i can go get 50 nice sticks for a hell of alot less than paying the roller). That being said, I would say about 50 cigars should do the trick, I am willing to bite the bullet and take on any extras... : ). I dont want to go spend a ton and I want somthing that will age nicely in my cabinet in time to break them out in a year so everyone can enjoy a nice smoke for the ocassion...any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    5 vegas gold, RP connecticut, or gurkha park avenue. I'm assuming that most of these people don't smoke cigars regularly. CAO gold's another that comes to mind. Those 4 are usually what I hand out.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the 262 mild blend, due to come out later this year. It would give you time to put a little age on it, and it would certainly be somewhat of a novelty. And it would look great in your cabinet!
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Poker Slob:
    How about the 262 mild blend, due to come out later this year. It would give you time to put a little age on it, and it would certainly be somewhat of a novelty. And it would look great in your cabinet!
    whats the price point on those?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402

I've heard Perdomo wheels age very well with 6mo to a year on them (50 for $99 in rosado wrappers/medium; some sites have the connecticut version as well)

txjayhawk:
    Poker Slob:
    I think the current medium blend goes for about $120-$150 for a box of 20
  • Options
    xmacro:

I've heard Perdomo wheels age very well with 6mo to a year on them (50 for $99 in rosado wrappers/medium; some sites have the connecticut version as well)

txjayhawk:
    Poker Slob:
    I think the current medium blend goes for about $120-$150 for a box of 20
    I was really thinking about those Perdomos...what do you think of the connie vs the rosado?
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the plug Poker Slob! The mild blend isn't set for release until after summer, and we don't have price information on it yet. I'd guess that they will probably be around the same price point as the current blend, the Paradigm.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    xmacro:
    txjayhawk:
    I was really thinking about those Perdomos...what do you think of the connie vs the rosado?
    Don't know myself - I've had my eye on both bundles for awhile now and I'm getting set to pull the trigger myself. Only thing I've heard is what I've read from the ads and what I've read on these boards; which is that rosado is medium but mellows out with age; connecticut is mild; here's a thread about it: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/113541.aspx

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    You should call ccom up and ask, since they'd probably be willing to throw a sweet deal together for you. I would go with two kinds of cigars, maybe a medium full and a mild medium to give some choice to people?
  • Options
    betasynn:
    You should call ccom up and ask, since they'd probably be willing to throw a sweet deal together for you. I would go with two kinds of cigars, maybe a medium full and a mild medium to give some choice to people?
    great thought...I ll have to do that in a month or so.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with the Repasado '96. They're a cool shape, plus they're unbanded, so you could even have some custom bands made....... They come in boxes of 40 for around $100. Maybe if you call The Beard he could hook you up with 50 for a deal..... Worth a shot.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    I'd go with the Repasado '96. They're a cool shape, plus they're unbanded, so you could even have some custom bands made....... They come in boxes of 40 for around $100. Maybe if you call The Beard he could hook you up with 50 for a deal..... Worth a shot.
    nice...never had them before...are they any good?
  • Options
    txjayhawk:
    lilwing88:
    To be honest, I've never had one. Now I feel kinda stupid reccomending them without having tried one myself! LOL! But I hear great things about them, and I think the price is right.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Something else you could look into would be getting some of the Segundo's. Then you can get some sticks you may already know are good and since they are unbanded you can get custom bands for the wedding.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507

Dustin1981:
    Something else you could look into would be getting some of the Segundo's. Then you can get some sticks you may already know are good and since they are unbanded you can get custom bands for the wedding.

+1 great idea

• Options
    txjayhawk:
    lilwing88:
    Haven't had them myself either, but they won the Ccom Bronze award for best value; so evidently they got something good going for 'em
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    xmacro:
    txjayhawk:
    lilwing88:
    Haven't had them myself either, but they won the Ccom Bronze award for best value; so evidently they got something good going for 'em
    Made by AJ Fernandez, how can you go wrong?
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm getting married in September and was asking the same questions... we may actually have a roller at the reception as well... but yeah... I ended up getting a few 5 Vegas samplers (10 each Gold, Classic, Miami and A)... on top of that I got a few more Golds when they were the DD... I figured the mild smokes would be better for a large group. I then added some Ccom Brazilian labels... so I ended up with about 60-70 sticks for the event and I will keep any extra...
    I basically want people to have a choice and have the option to take a few home as well... I would really recommend getting 2-4 different "levels" of smokes... I'm sure you will have some people who know what they are doing, but you will also have the folks who have never smoked and are having one becuase they are there... Mild smokes, like the Gold, will hopefully keep folks from getting sick...
  • Options
    Get 10 of the 5 Vegas dd and you're good
  • Options
    robbyras:
    I was actually thinking about that...might actually work pretty well...you ever get started on that humi project?
  • Options
    robbyras:
    I'm getting married in September and was asking the same questions... we may actually have a roller at the reception as well... but yeah... I ended up getting a few 5 Vegas samplers (10 each Gold, Classic, Miami and A)... on top of that I got a few more Golds when they were the DD... I figured the mild smokes would be better for a large group. I then added some Ccom Brazilian labels... so I ended up with about 60-70 sticks for the event and I will keep any extra...
    I basically want people to have a choice and have the option to take a few home as well... I would really recommend getting 2-4 different "levels" of smokes... I'm sure you will have some people who know what they are doing, but you will also have the folks who have never smoked and are having one becuase they are there... Mild smokes, like the Gold, will hopefully keep folks from getting sick...
    Hey Rob, you gonna have your Waxing Moon box on display at the wedding????
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    robbyras:
    Hey Rob, you gonna have your Waxing Moon box on display at the wedding????
    I am... even got to pay for it out of the wedding budget... yes... i am awesome!
  • Options
    txjayhawk:
    robbyras:
    I was actually thinking about that...might actually work pretty well...you ever get started on that humi project?
    well... if you look in the 101 section you'll see the thread I shamelessly posted showing off my new Humi... so no... not yet... I broke down and got a custom humi... but I will be building one after the wedding...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    undulac:
    xmacro:
    txjayhawk:
    lilwing88:
    Made by AJ Fernandez, how can you go wrong?
    Clearlysuspect and a few others and I went in on a box of these. I really liked them but we had the Habano so I can not speak on how the connis or maddys are. They are great for the price and I would def. get more if I was looking to build up my smokes.