Home Ratings & Reviews

La Gloria Cuban Sumatra Torpedo #1

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Size: 6.5 x 52
Wrapper: Sumatra

Had one today paired with a cup of strong coffee. Very nice combo. This was a wonderfull mild-medium smoke (Ccom describes it as medium to full-bodied, but I guess it all boils down to personal tastes). Pre-light it had a nice sweet tobacco scent. The contruction was very nice. Clean seams, no visible veins. I used a double guillotine cutter and a single flame torch lighter. It lit niceley. The first draw was perfect. Plenty of smoke output.

Initial flavors were cedar and leather with a slightly sweet, creamy finish. About an inch in, the burn was perfect. Razor sharp. The flavors started to come alive with rich oily leather and burnt coffee. The finish was very smooth and still slightly sweet. Burn held up consistently and the ash stayed on till almost half way through.

A very enjoyable smoke all the way through. The only trouble was a small crack that opened up near the label. But it never became an issue. Total burn time was almost 1.5 hours. I highly recommend this one as a nice late-morning/early-afternoon smoke. Goes great with coffee or espresso.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sounds yummy. I've been looking for more "morning/afternoon" smokes lately. It seems I've been collecting a lot of full bodied smokes lately that would probably put me down if I smoked them in the morning. :)
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you liked it. I really enjoy La Gloria Cubana but they don't get too much press on this forum. They're tasty, I should get some more.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    lilwing88:
    Size: 6.5 x 52
    Wrapper: Sumatra

Had one today paired with a cup of strong coffee. Very nice combo. This was a wonderfull mild-medium smoke (Ccom describes it as medium to full-bodied, but I guess it all boils down to personal tastes). Pre-light it had a nice sweet tobacco scent. The contruction was very nice. Clean seams, no visible veins. I used a double guillotine cutter and a single flame torch lighter. It lit niceley. The first draw was perfect. Plenty of smoke output.

Initial flavors were cedar and leather with a slightly sweet, creamy finish. About an inch in, the burn was perfect. Razor sharp. The flavors started to come alive with rich oily leather and burnt coffee. The finish was very smooth and still slightly sweet. Burn held up consistently and the ash stayed on till almost half way through.

A very enjoyable smoke all the way through. The only trouble was a small crack that opened up near the label. But it never became an issue. Total burn time was almost 1.5 hours. I highly recommend this one as a nice late-morning/early-afternoon smoke. Goes great with coffee or espresso.
    I am going to pick up a few based purely on this review... you are speakin' my language Brother... Sounds like my kind of smoke...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The LGC Wavell is a cigar I really like for anytime. Very nice flavor, medium body and always a pleasure to smoke.