Home General Discussion
Options

Man o' War Virtuoso

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Any details on this cigar? I saw it in a few places, and I'm really interested on picking a few up.

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    they have it here on the AJ Fernandez sampler. going to pick one up this week, possibly with a daily deal to save on shipping. Last I checked they hadn't arrived at the doorstep of CCom but we should see it soon.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Is it the Virtue? or the Virtuoso? Thought it was the Virtue.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Virtue, and other than it's going to be a premium Connecticut that's about all I know.
  • Options
    Aw, man. I was hoping it'd be something nice and strong, but I guess a connie makes sense.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Aw, man. I was hoping it'd be something nice and strong, but I guess a connie makes sense.
    You've tried that special edition Salomon I assume? If you haven't, it's worth it.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    betasynn:
    You've tried that special edition Salomon I assume? If you haven't, it's worth it.
    I just got 2 in the mail. very excited. I hear the Connie is still very tasty and worth a try.
  • Options
    I have one resting, still waiting for a gorgeous day to burn it though.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The AJ sampler with the Virtue in it should ship today according to CS. I am looking forward to trying it.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    The AJ sampler with the Virtue in it should ship today according to CS. I am looking forward to trying it.
    oh really, well I will see what the DD is tomorrow and bit on that sampler
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Alex and Tim told us heaps about the MOW Virtue in this thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/117704.aspx

There's more in the thread I posted, but here's a snippet from Alex:
    boxes and singles will roll out in May issue and to do it right, we are kicking it off with a massive freebie including a Man O War 6 stick sampler (2 each original, ruination and virtue), Man O War branded Colibri slice grip double bladed cutter and a man o war branded torch lighter made by lotus. All three items will be free with box through fathers day starting in May. Oh, and the freebie is good on all MOW box purchases including original and Ruination.

In terms of the cigar, it will come in five or six sizes and be priced right around the same as the Man O War original and be for sale in singles and boxes of 20. The blend features a 5 year old connecticut ecuador wrapper and all aged long fillers from Nicaragua. The cigar is a definite medium in body but the flavor is full.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I just got my MOW Special Edition Solomon in the mail today. Gonna let it rest for a few days, at least.

I might jump on the sampler. But it looks like it's on back order. Oh well.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    xmacro:
    Alex and Tim told us heaps about the MOW Virtue in this thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/117704.aspx

There's more in the thread I posted, but here's a snippet from Alex:
    boxes and singles will roll out in May issue and to do it right, we are kicking it off with a massive freebie including a Man O War 6 stick sampler (2 each original, ruination and virtue), Man O War branded Colibri slice grip double bladed cutter and a man o war branded torch lighter made by lotus. All three items will be free with box through fathers day starting in May. Oh, and the freebie is good on all MOW box purchases including original and Ruination.

In terms of the cigar, it will come in five or six sizes and be priced right around the same as the Man O War original and be for sale in singles and boxes of 20. The blend features a 5 year old connecticut ecuador wrapper and all aged long fillers from Nicaragua. The cigar is a definite medium in body but the flavor is full.
    Im still hoping that the special with freebies will cover a box of the special edition... Thats what im saving my money for :)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I just got my MOW Special Edition Solomon in the mail today. Gonna let it rest for a few days, at least.

I bought a box of ten a few months back from a special email offer from the beard. I've smoked 3 from that box, plus 1 from a cotm first month sampler and enjoyed them all very much. Looking forward to trying the virtue, definately want a medium body conny in my humi.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    cabinetmaker:
    lilwing88:

I bought a box of ten a few months back from a special email offer from the beard. I've smoked 3 from that box, plus 1 from a cotm first month sampler and enjoyed them all very much. Looking forward to trying the virtue, definately want a medium body conny in my humi.
    Im guessing they changed the COTM first month package. can you PM me what was in it, im kinda curious.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    From what I read, it's the same blend as the Ruination with a Connie wrapper. So, it should still have some good body, but probably not the spcice of the Ruination. I think it's an intriguing cigar, and can't wait to try it. Don't get me wrong, the MOW RUination is tops on my list, but it may be nice to have this connie wrapped one for breakfast with coffee.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Totally different blend than the original Man o War and the Ruination.  I just smoked a special sized 6 x 60 monster Virtue on Tuesday and let me say...  easily one of the best Connecticuts I have every smoked and top 10 overall, any wrapper.  Rich and flavorful, yet smooth and creamy.  Yeah, 2 days later - it makes me smile just thinking about it.

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    timb:

Totally different blend than the original Man o War and the Ruination.  I just smoked a special sized 6 x 60 monster Virtue on Tuesday and let me say...  easily one of the best Connecticuts I have every smoked and top 10 overall, any wrapper.  Rich and flavorful, yet smooth and creamy.  Yeah, 2 days later - it makes me smile just thinking about it.

Do you just love torturing us, Tim?????
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    lilwing88:
    timb:

Do you just love torturing us, Tim?????
    I say we ask the Beard to punish Tim for the teasing >_>
  • Options
    timb:

Which vitola do you like best so far?
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    timb:

Yeah yeah, rub it in... You and all the other reps at CCOM. How do I get so blessed as to get a job there? Or, better yet, why don't you just send me the samples you don't have time to get to? ;) haha. Glad to hear it's that good, because I'm going to have to order a box when they come out.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I'm definitely going to order a box of MOW (not sure with blend yet) when the freebie deal becomes available. Looking forward to trying out the Virtue that will come with the sampler.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Anyone besides the Beard try this one?

Love a good connie!