Home General Discussion

Gran Habano Vintage (2002)

2»

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    KingoftheCove:
    taythegibs:
    a little off topic but in my reading about this cigar the Brocatus Churchill seems to get brought up a fair bit, are they as good as (or even similar to) the Gran Habano Vintage (2002)?
    I have had one Brocatus......I won't be having another...... (made it barely to half way)
    Not in the same league as the GH 2002.
    good to know, thanks!. i do need to get some more of the 2002's i smoked one but ended up rushing it, and i gave my second one to the DCCC.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting an old topic, BUT the Other Main Online Store (not the one everyone hates) is offering Mazos of the Gran Habano Vintage '02 Corojo robusto for $40 inc. shipping.
    I tried the GH SLS awhile ago and didn't like it--it had the "tastes like burning charcoal, dirt and newspaper" characteristic that's very common to the cigar brands I don't like (as opposed to the "tastes like chili pepper, and non-infused floral and sweetness" characteristics of the kinds of cigars (La Aroma, My Father, Padron, JoyDNic) that are my favorites.
    Given my preferences, do you perceive a huge difference between the 2002 Vintage and the SL to make it worth the investment? I've heard so much about this that I'm tempted to try it.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think the Vintage 2002 is their best cigar. But those wrappers can cause problems from time to time. I've bought several boxes over the years and I'd say that 15% of the sticks just failed miserably due to the inconsistency of the wrapper burn, as sweet as they are. The SLS, what he said.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I think the Vintage 2002 is their best cigar. But those wrappers can cause problems from time to time. I've bought several boxes over the years and I'd say that 15% of the sticks just failed miserably due to the inconsistency of the wrapper burn, as sweet as they are. The SLS, what he said.
    +1^^^^ always have 2002 on hand!:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    after revisiting ive found that i do like these and the GH Azteca Fuerte Robusto's as well.