Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to smoke a premeprimepreme AJ Ave Maria Recon last night....

But with the 0 degree temps, and -10 wind chill -- even if I'd have put a few propane heaters on full blast, there was no way I was going to sit out in the garage and freeze my a$$ off.
    Going to be just as cold for the rest of the month....maybe I'll get to smoke a cigar from my humi sometime in February, LOL.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Is that the 2013 3 Reynas?? I remember you sent me one of the sticks with the white band.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    That's an angry looking koala bear....
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    last night I first had a LAT SS. It was very harsh and burnt. pitched it half way through it. Then fired up a regius robusto. That as expected, was a tasty cigar. damn LAT SS... failed me twice already
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    jliu:
    last night I first had a LAT SS. It was very harsh and burnt. pitched it half way through it. Then fired up a regius robusto. That as expected, was a tasty cigar. damn LAT SS... failed me twice already
    I like every thing i have had from regius. My B & M only occasionally stocks them. I wish i had a better source.
  • Options
    jliu:
    I like every thing i have had from regius. My B & M only occasionally stocks them. I wish i had a better source.
  • Options
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    right on man. good stick for sure. wish I could help you on the sourcing. maybe another one of the guys on here can help ya
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    imagephoto IMAG0379_zpsymj1bzk6.jpg This is a good smoke. The Fausto is spicy, medium full bodied and draws well.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    perkinke:
    That's an angry looking koala bear....
    How is the blackout?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    ... good looking smoke there.

ive heard mixed reviews but they sure look awesome.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    perkinke:
    ... good looking smoke there.

ive heard mixed reviews but they sure look awesome.
    I'll admit, I was really disappointed in the one that I have had so far. Horrible burn that required a ton of touch ups that just really ruined the taste. It seemed like it had potential, but I couldn't find it. Hopefully a little rest will help. I really wanted to like it.... :(
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jliu:
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    right on man. good stick for sure. wish I could help you on the sourcing. maybe another one of the guys on here can help ya
    I seem to come across them all the time (and pick up a couple every time). I love love love them! The tubos are also very aesthetically pleasing, which doesn't help the temptation to always buy them when I do see them. Sadly, I'm overdue to restock. I think I just have one left that was gifted to me by Roman (I believe). I'll try to grab extras next time and offer them up to the fine folks here :)
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    I seem to come across them all the time (and pick up a couple every time). I love love love them! The tubos are also very aesthetically pleasing, which doesn't help the temptation to always buy them when I do see them. Sadly, I'm overdue to restock. I think I just have one left that was gifted to me by Roman (I believe). I'll try to grab extras next time and offer them up to the fine folks here :)
    ^^ I'd hit that for sure
  • Options
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    ^^ I'd hit that for sure
    Have you had the LE? Debating picking up a box while it's available.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    ^^ I'd hit that for sure
    nope. ive just had the regular robusto. i asked dustin about the orchant one, he said it wasnt as good. i know they have culebras out too.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    ^^ I'd hit that for sure
    nope. ive just had the regular robusto. i asked dustin about the orchant one, he said it wasnt as good. i know they have culebras out too.
    uhhhh...loved the orchant. Bought three boxes LOL
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Imgembo:
    jliu:
    ^^ I'd hit that for sure
    uhhhh...loved the orchant. Bought three boxes LOL
    oh. ok maybe not haha
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    You are probably thinking of the white band quesada Regius. That one I wasn't amazed by, but it's good.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Oliva Serie V Belicoso… very nice.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew Estates Nica Rustica... Outstanding!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    i gotta get some of those
    Smoking a Punisher Shorty
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    You are probably thinking of the white band quesada Regius. That one I wasn't amazed by, but it's good.
    I think I like the white label more than the regular line. The orchant is proboly the best cigar I have smoked. I wish I could get more. I think they may have a single or two left at my b&m. I might see if I could snag them. Wish I could swing buying a box right now.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Puff_Dougie:
    i gotta get some of those
    Smoking a Punisher Shorty
    Nice! The Punisher is on my shopping list too!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Absolutely wonderful! Just Delicious and smooth... I may have another

Aj
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Bullet Rye is money, money!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    DPG Tabacos Baez Serie H Monarcas… yum
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Preferidos conny with some van winkle. It is Friday night, after all.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Another what, exactly? smoke or drink? ;-)