Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageHad a great weekend whitewater rafting on the Arkansas. Spent some time at Mount Princeton hot springs resort and smoked a bunch of good stuff around town.
    Thanks for the TAA Steve! Flavor profile was right up my alley for sure.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking a rule but I had to try.... needs more rest but definitely is a full flavored cigar. I like it now but will love it down the road. Paired with woodford reserve. Go very well together.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a nice Mr. Sam from the gang war. Thanks @blutattoo

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started with this:

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bigfnsteve
    morphine love baby!
    ...and then this. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Breaking a rule but I had to try.... needs more rest but definitely is a full flavored cigar. I like it now but will love it down the road. Paired with woodford reserve. Go very well together.
    Same here. I left one out when I put mine in the freezer. It may get smoked in a week or two. 
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I thought I would be more impressed.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Cigar-661952Cigar-661952 Posts: 1
    Trying a sons of anarchy black crown
    Good combo
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Undercrown flying pig! Even on this humid as hell 80 degree night, this thing burned perfectly! And I guess I liked it! LOL
    This 
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first LLTK..I'm loving it!
    Awesome!!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This PDR AFR-75 must've come in a sampler last year.  I looked online before smoking to get a feel for what to expect and was surprised at the MSRP.  The one review stated "savory" and man, he was not kidding; tasted like sweet beef broth.  Even the smoke off the cigar smelled like a grilled hamburger.  Mix that with an earthy tobacco flavor and it was not a good combo, at least not for me.  $14.50 for a single...  no more for me please.

I notice @Dark_Tower just got a couple of these today...  if you read this, it'd be good to hear your take on the AFR-75.
    PDR.jpg 169.4K
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Harry knuckle nympho?? :D
    Viaje Lancero 
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Just about to go outside and burn something.. I will open the humidor and the first thing that catches my eye will be the winner.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living high on the hog:) picked up a bundle of these dirt cheap for the boat. They may not be Padron's but they'll do.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Aging Room F55.  Good stuff.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Night cap
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All nighters at work. DPG Series JJ. The only bright spot tonight!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    All nighters at work. DPG Series JJ. The only bright spot tonight!
    It's good to be the boss man when you can get in a cigar at work. Are you hiring?
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babysitting the refrigeration! No one else here. Quite peaceful! Except for the occasional interruption trying to stop the ammonia leak! And trying to keep the freezers at -25! Pays the bills, most of the time anyway!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79 said:
    Just about to go outside and burn something.. I will open the humidor and the first thing that catches my eye will be the winner.

It ended up being an Oliva Series  V Maduro from 2009.  Age tamed this one compared to a previous experience that left me a little light headed.  Black coffee and a sort of dark chocolate flavor made appearances. Another winner.

RyJ... very good stick. For what I paid for a 5er of these on cbid I feel like I stole them.
    -- Winston Churchill

Anejo and some Four Roses single barrel, barrel strength. 

kaspera79 said:
    kaspera79 said:

It ended up being an Oliva Series  V Maduro from 2009.  Age tamed this one compared to a previous experience that left me a little light headed.  Black coffee and a sort of dark chocolate flavor made appearances. Another winner.

Those are one of my favorite maduros.  
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite cc