Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh do tell. How is it? I have one sitting in my humi.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are fantastic smokes ^^^^
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m halfway through it and its starting to kick my @ss! LOL
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Get a drink.  That cigar needs a friend.  And best smoked after a huge meal.  But that is a great smoke.  And really hard to find.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    TX98Z28 said:
    Get a drink.  That cigar needs a friend.  And best smoked after a huge meal.  But that is a great smoke.  And really hard to find.
    Honestly wasn’t expecting it to ramp up to full but it did halfway in. Ya I’m not even gonna try to find more they been on backorder for over a year. I saw you stocked up from your humidor tour, enjoy those beautiful behemoths!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Litto Gomez Diez don't play!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder why it's called a 'band' anymore. So, I removed the "band", which is more like a blanket, really...after much fussing and hawing and kind of enjoy this cigar. Not bad.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminded me of just how good Gurkha was once upon a time. 
    I like the muted floral notes and spicy, peppery finish. I don't even have to agree that Gurkha has put out some less than savory sticks, it's pretty well known. I wish I had smoked some in the past to be able to compare. Thus far, I've only had two I liked: this Chairman's Select and the Avenger G5. I am thankful so many others out there have done much of the work for me in reviewing cigars, even though sometimes it's a subjective experience and one man's dislike may be another's paradise.

I've been in too many motorcycle accidents or I would ride more myself. Folks just don't seem to give a $hit about a rider and like to pull right out in front of me. My uncle who has passed from cancer last year would carry a sawed off bat in his saddle bags for such instances.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Reminded me of just how good Gurkha was once upon a time. 
    I like the muted floral notes and spicy, peppery finish. I don't even have to agree that Gurkha has put out some less than savory sticks, it's pretty well known. I wish I had smoked some in the past to be able to compare. Thus far, I've only had two I liked: this Chairman's Select and the Avenger G5. I am thankful so many others out there have done much of the work for me in reviewing cigars, even though sometimes it's a subjective experience and one man's dislike may be another's paradise.

I've been in too many motorcycle accidents or I would ride more myself. Folks just don't seem to give a $hit about a rider and like to pull right out in front of me. My uncle who has passed from cancer last year would carry a sawed off bat in his saddle bags for such instances.
    I agree that it’s nice to find places like this where so much knowledge and experience can guide you in certain directions. As you said it’s subjective but it helps when 20+ guys all keep saying that X cigar is great, at least gives a decent barometer that it’s worth trying to see how you like it. Gurkha was done by RP and for a while there were only a handful of lines and the quality control and flavors were good. But he blew up and started pumping out line after line and that’s when it went to pot. There are others that have done similar things, IMHO Ezra Zion and some of CFED stuff have gone similar routes. QC drops and suddenly every release is “the best there ever was and super limited and rare” and it’s just bogus. 

As for motorcycles, yes there are few on the road who care at all and I’ve even come across one who purposefully tried to hit me and run me off the road. But I am an ATGATT guy and ride extremely defensively and am of the opinion for me at least that if I’m in an accident regardless of what the law says it’s my fault for not leaving myself an out or planning for some boneheaded maneuver. Of course there are situations where that simply isn’t true but I try to ride like that so I get home in one piece every time. Besides I don’t have money to pour into rebuilding my bike if I get hit, and I can’t afford to be out of work for more than a day or two if I’m in an accident based on family situation and needs. So long post but all to say I get it and don’t blame you, I’m just committed to riding and trying to get home each time. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."