Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    My last one from 10/15/12. Sad to see them gone. My favorite RP blend. Love that PA goodness.

That’s a really good date tho.

@rsherman24 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    My last one from 10/15/12. Sad to see them gone. My favorite RP blend. Love that PA goodness.

@Guitarded has taught you well grasshopper

I was hoping someone caught that. lol

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

@Vision said:

@rsherman24 said:

@Vision said:

Pete has been around for quite a while, but is not necessarily a quick study.
    His birthday is 10/15 but not posted in his profile. 🤔😂🤣

Post edited by Guitarded on
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

@Guitarded said:

@Vision said:

@rsherman24 said:

@Vision said:

Pete has been around for quite a while, but is not necessarily a quick study.
    His birthday is 10/15 but not posted in his profile. 🤔😂🤣

I don’t even have server permission to edit my profile. I’m still not silly enough to post my birthday.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Haven't tried those but have read good reviews. Anything from My Father factory Is pretty much a premium cigar. I've liked nearly everything I've smoked from them except for one particular blend that I didn't care for.

Hell, I got over a box worth of cheaper single cigars that I've gotten as bonuses or for free or grab bag types and though they aren't normally something I'd buy, I plan to smoke every one of them. Or attempt to anyway....lol. I may even end up like a few. I actually added some to my next few weeks smokes in fact.

If that's the bottom of your barrel cigars, you sir, are in great shape! That ain't no gas station cigar. :smiley:

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Last one from 9/2/2011. Have a love hate relationship with this blend..lol. When it's burns right, the flavors are great. Problem is that I've had issues with about 75% of the cigars over the years. From plugs to crap burn quality (won't stay lit, tunneling, canoeing). Even after extensive aging. Hopefully this last one will be one of the great ones!

• These share something with the Villiger La Vencedora. I just smoked one the other day and it tastes very identical. These Tempus were some of the original ones and I believe the blend was tweaked at some point from it's current version but the similarities are unmistakable. Definitely more similar than different flavor wise.

** Burn is a bit wonky but working.

***The old tunnel of love showed up.

This must have the same wrapper as La Vencedora. It just tastes way too similar. It's almost uncanny. The Villiger definitely burns better though. These must have been some of the early contracted sticks. Quite frustrating.

Post edited by CAcigarguy007 on