Home Cigar 101

Bead Storage

ljlljl Posts: 819
I got some beads last month and now I want to convert all my Humis to these. How do you store your beads? I could nylon them, but I was wondering if there is a product out there for this. I saw a previous post, but I'm not sure if that guy is still around.

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Panty hose work well. I guess you can use cheese cloth but that may get a little messy when you have to charge them. I guess you can also use a plastic baggie and punch holes in it. I personally use old prescription bottles and leave the lid off.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I had been putting them in containers but it wasn't working well so I switched to nylons and BOOM, 70% right away. I'm a nylon convert.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my from ConservaGel and the mesh bags were free in the 1/2 pound or pound size.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Goldy:
    I had been putting them in containers but it wasn't working well so I switched to nylons and BOOM, 70% right away. I'm a nylon convert.
    That make more sense than what I do know that I think about it because you expose more beads that way. Forget my post and go with this.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I kinda go the expensive route and order a normal humidifier, open it up, and replace the foam with beads. If I were a little smarter, I would've ordered some empty tubes from Heartfelt and just used those; could've saved quite a bit -_-
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Heartfelt has a bunch of different options... I went with the tup and am pleased... They have pucks and flat panels and mesh bags... They even have tubes lined with cedar that are shaped like cigars... Pricey but cool lookin....
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I went to Christmas Tree Shop and they have these lil tea light candle holders ..... only about 1 inch tall and they widen out towards the top ..... on the back of my coolidor trays i made a holder that keeps 1 at the back of each of the 6 trays .... all in all i have about a third of a pound of beads and i have about 5 humidity pillows and iam always between 65% rh (they are 65% beads) and 70%rh ............... it works perfect
  • undulac:
    Panty hose work well. I guess you can use cheese cloth but that may get a little messy when you have to charge them. I guess you can also use a plastic baggie and punch holes in it. I personally use old prescription bottles and leave the lid off.
    I use panty hose and pack them about the size of a baseball. I have one in my coolerdor, one in my desktop, and two in my barrister bookcase humidor.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I got my from ConservaGel and the mesh bags were free in the 1/2 pound or pound size.
    This is what I do as well. The mesh bags make it very easy to charge the beads with a simple spray bottle. Not to mention those beads are the exact same thing and are half the price that Heartfelt sells them for.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    j0z3r:
    YankeeMan:
    This is what I do as well. The mesh bags make it very easy to charge the beads with a simple spray bottle. Not to mention those beads are the exact same thing and are half the price that Heartfelt sells them for.
    yep. fantastic beads, work the same, half the price. and they come with a free bag or two - pretty cool stuff.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    j0z3r:
    YankeeMan:
    +1 I got my conservagel last week and it works great! The bags are handy too.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I used large nylon bags for a long time, but finally decided that it took up too much room in my humi. Now, thanks to Badge54fd I have a bunch of tubos.... Poked a bunch of holes in each one, and then filled em with charged beads. They're spread throughout my humi, don't take up any more room than a stick, and distribute the humidity excellently.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I use three extra large mesh tubes from Heartfelt and a few balls of nylons in with the box storage.