Home Cigar 101
Options

Purple Label Cigars

I'm new to cigars and my question is this:  I purchased a box of 20 of the purple label house blend coronas for a friend's wedding gift.  I won't get to give them until July.  How well will the keep in the box they come in?  Should I put them in a humidor until then?  Any thoughts would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Well I've never seen the boxes that CCOM's House Blends are shipped in, but in general most cigar boxes are terrible for maintaining proper humidity.

If you have a humidor with room in it go ahead and throw them in there. If not I'd say get an appropriate sized tupperware container and store then with some humidification until the day of the event. Then as a bonus post-wedding you'll have a new tupperdor ready for filling.

Everyone wins!

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    doromath:
    Well I've never seen the boxes that CCOM's House Blends are shipped in, but in general most cigar boxes are terrible for maintaining proper humidity.

If you have a humidor with room in it go ahead and throw them in there. If not I'd say get an appropriate sized tupperware container and store then with some humidification until the day of the event. Then as a bonus post-wedding you'll have a new tupperdor ready for filling.

Everyone wins!

+1. The box by itself won't hold the humidity until July.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! Fortunately for you, I have plenty of room in my humidor - just ship em along to me, and I'll send em back to ya when the wedding comes! There's 14 in a box right...? ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    rmayes3rmayes3 Posts: 5
    You got the same sense of humor I do LOL.  Thanks for the info guys.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I just smoked a purple label last night...... I LOVED IT !!!!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    love the purple label, hopefully gettin a box soon!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    A few guys on the ship ran into the same problem when buying "fidel specials" overseas. What worked out really well for them was removing whatever wrapping was around the box, plaving a Boveda 72% packet on it and either sliding them both into a big ziplock bag or saran wrapping the crap outta it. You could also take the aforementioned ziplock bag, toss in the smokes with the boveda and they will keep that way, then you just repack them in the box when ready to give them to him.