Home General Discussion
Options

Am I the only one???????

I have been a newbie for a little while now, I am learning my pallet everyday. I find that the cigars that I buy, higher end stuff, I dont smoke. It drives me crazy! I got some MOW ruinations for xmas and smoked one, I loved it, and now I dont want to smoke them! I guess that I am in the collecting mode. I have already gone to a 2nd Humi to "collect" the ones that I want to save. I thought this hobby was supposed to relax! Instead, I worry that I may not be able to replace the "Good" ones Does everybody eles have issues with everyday smokes? I thought the CCOM DD would cure this issue, but it enhances it! And what is the most coveted stick in your collection? Mine is my Gurhka Beast. I have 2 of them.

Comments

• Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    I'm still pretty new and I find myself doing the same thing, but the one thing I've learned from the guys on this board is "Smoke Em If Ya Got Em" you can always buy or trade for more.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Im the opposite, I cant resist the best of my stash. Had my last MOW Ruination for breakfast Monday. Need to make a prchase today lol.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I've been tending towards this as well. There's a few Montecristo Whites in the humidor that my future father-in-law got me for Christmas and I've been hording those while I try most everything else in there. One thing I know is driving me is that I don't want to drive the price of this hobby too high just yet, as my finace and I are in wedding saver mode.

On that note, though, her dad is visiting this weekend which to me is the perfect time to break out those Monte's and burn them down.

As with all things in life: time and place.

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I did the same thing. Here's a hint. Smoke em if you got em. There are ALWAYS good deals out there.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I smoke em and when I run low on my high end favorites I re-stock.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Or if there is a deal, I re stock!
  • Options
    Right now I seem to be in a hoarding/collecting mode. I just want to buy more and more and every time I go to smoke, I never want to smoke anything I only have one of. I need to get a second humi so i can start making sure i always have a couple of each stick. however, I don't think my wife would be too happy with me spending the money on the one I want, much less buying enough cigars to fill it.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Just start buying two of any new premiums you get. That way you have one to try, and one to save. If you REALLY like a stick after trying it out, you have at least one more waiting for you in the humi and you know that you should buy more.

The hobby is enjoying a fine cigar, not owning as many fine cigars as you can afford.

FYI... there will be many premium sticks that you find, (and eventually smoke) that you will NOT like. That is just a matter of taste, but you do need to taste a stick before making that determination. So if you get a NEW premium stick that you have not tried before... let it sit in your humi for a while if you like, but until you know you LOVE that particular stick... it is just taking up space in your humi.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The purpose of a good cigar is to be consumed and enjoyed. I'm about to go smoke a AF Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario. I'm looking forward to it. Guirkha beast is an alright cigar, but wayyy overpriced, imo. I have a few I bought about a year ago, hoping they improve with age; otherwise I'll be trying to trade them.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Nothing worse than setting one aside, finally trying and loving it a year later, and now there aren't any more to be had.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Sitting on a Padron 1964 Anniversary Principie that I was saving for when my granddaughter was born. Had a HUGE cold when she was born three weeks ago and now I can't seem to justify smoking it.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    gaberox:
    Had my last MOW Ruination for breakfast Monday.
    By the Beard of Tim! Ruination for breakfast?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    gripnrip:
    Sitting on a Padron 1964 Anniversary Principie that I was saving for when my granddaughter was born. Had a HUGE cold when she was born three weeks ago and now I can't seem to justify smoking it.
    I smoked a 1964 Maduro Exclusivo last night - it was absolutely knock-my-socks-off incredible. You gotta smoke that one. What better excuse that having a baby can you get? :)
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Talked me into it-I'll smoke it after Easter dinner this Sunday. Thanks for the nudge!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    What ! You still need to celebrate I had one of these a couple days ago in the Torpedo size because I noticed it had a chip in the wrapper. That was a good enough reason for me. It was FANTASTIC. I have a saying that applies here... There's more at the store.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My method of madness is to buy at least a 5 pack (10 is better) and store 2 of each different stick in my Humi for special occassions. Problem is those special times never come around and I just keep filling up more boxes.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Yes, this is a problem. I call them my "special occasion" cigars, and they can sit around for a long time. The way around it for me is to find more things to celebrate.