Home Cigar 101
Options

Lighters

What are some decent lighters for under $50? I'm in the market for one. I usually use matches, but sometimes I like to use a lighter, like on the golf course. ;)

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I just picked up a Bugatti B-1 for around $20. Great quality and the flame burns nice and hot.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yup the Bugatti B-1 lighter. Got 2 last week part of march madness deal for $50 but inlcuded cigars.

I would email cigar.com and see if they can hook you up with the lighter and some cigars for $25 and if you buy 2 orders, shipping free..cant beat that!
  • Options
    EnphraredEnphrared Posts: 62
    sightunseen:
    I just picked up a Bugatti B-1 for around $20. Great quality and the flame burns nice and hot.
    Where'd you get one for $20?
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    $10 over your limit, but well worth it IMO depending on what you are looking for.

You won't want to pull this out at a black tie event, but if you want to light your cigar on top of Mt. Washington in New Hampsire, than this is the ticket!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=TRUHFDP2UP20NLAQBBKCCNVMCAEFKIWE?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_629526&id=0076916631106a&_requestid=77914

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    There was a special insert that was included when my cigar order shipped. It wasn't with Ccom though.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Bugatti B-1 is a nice lighter, I've been really digging the one I got. Xikar makes a good lighter. One that isn't offered here at cigar.com, but you might be able to call in and get it, is the Perdomo Thundra Tabletop lighter by Vector, it's a massive lighter and has a good stretch between refillings, not the essence of portability, but it's one hell of a lighter to set on a table for when you light up a cigar.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    The Bugatti B-1 is a nice lighter, I've been really digging the one I got. Xikar makes a good lighter. One that isn't offered here at cigar.com, but you might be able to call in and get it, is the Perdomo Thundra Tabletop lighter by Vector, it's a massive lighter and has a good stretch between refillings, not the essence of portability, but it's one hell of a lighter to set on a table for when you light up a cigar.
    Yup. Nice heft, too. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a refill window. You know it was about to run out when it runs out. But, like Joe said, that takes a long time.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I use a vector torch lighter - I have had it for about a year and it has faired well - I wish that it had a gas gauge window on the side but oh well - overall nice quality so far and i paid less than $50 for it
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I have a Colibri Vertigo soft flame, so far I really like it. Here's a picture (with a Brazilian Label) -

Photobucket
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I have a Nibo triple flame that works well on about 1-2 cigars, then . My stand by is an old crack torch I picked up at a gas station 10+years ago and it works great on 10+ sticks. Ask Cholmes hell tell you this is right out of a crack den.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Ronson. Only cost $3.00 and very durable.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    BUGATTI B1
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Our own poster kaelaria does reviews on his site cigarobsession.com. He recently reviewed the XIKAR CROSSOVER, which has a ridiculously long burn time for a butane torch, and runs about $50. Pretty impressive.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Enphrared:
    What are some decent lighters for under $50? I'm in the market for one. I usually use matches, but sometimes I like to use a lighter, like on the golf course. ;)
    I have a Vector Vulcan. Its a triple torch so wind isn't a problem. It has a fuel level window and a punch cutter. It has the button for ignition on the side which is really comfotable (for me). $50.00.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    j0z3r:
    Perdomo Thundra Tabletop lighter by Vector, it's a massive lighter and has a good stretch between refillings, not the essence of portability, but it's one hell of a lighter to set on a table for when you light up a cigar.
    +1 for this - sucker is a great tabletop lighter; triple torch lights anything cigar up in any kind of wind. Had mine for a few months and it just works
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Xikar all the way. i have had a Xikar executive lighter for over five years now. as long as there is fuel in the tank the thing will light first time every time. this thing never misses a beat. it costs about $25 and has a life time warranty.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    My loyalty is with Nibo. I had a dual flame one that lit the first time every time, was easy to adjust and refill and was perfect fo lighting and touchups. Lasted me 3 years(8 of those months being in a salt water environment on the ship) and only recently did i can it because for some reason it wouldnt light. but for 19.99!! I got waaay more than my moneys worth out of it.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    For one with a fuel window, I heartily endorse the Xicar Plunge.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    For one with a fuel window, I heartily endorse the Xicar Plunge.
    good call
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Used my Bugatti B-1 today for the first time ever. I friggin' love this thing.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I am going with Xikar. I have the element lighter - I have sent mine back twice. Both time, within two weeks, a new one arrives. Hard not to like the service.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    docbp87:
    Used my Bugatti B-1 today for the first time ever. I friggin' love this thing.
    I'll get you a GREAT deal on another one - $25 off MSRP! Only $75 for this one - PM me!

;)
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    B-1 liek the rest of yall, and got a perdomo table top lighter coming in a few days.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Has no one said Ronson jetlite for 4 bucks....
  • Options
    i also reccommend a xikar plunge, i bought one a while back and its great. you get your fuel window, lights every time, i love it, i also have the b-1 like almost everyone else.. i like it alot as well. i keep one in my truck and one in my humidor, cant go wrong with either in my opinion
  • Options
    MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I love my Nibo triple flame w/punch. Works everytime. I like Xikar's customer service. I am sending my new Xikar Executive lighter back for repair or replacement. This thing dies not light half of the time.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    OK so I made a nice order toady from Kelly at CCOM and asked her for a good lighter, she hooked me up with a Man O' War for 15 bones. Anyone have one of these babies? Tell me what you think.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Xikar, Xikar, Xikar. I have a bunch of lighters Xikar Plunge, Xikar Pipeline, Colibri something or another single flame, Cigar Savor single flame (same lighter as the Bugatti B1, made in the same place by the same people and a 1/3 the price but it was free for me).
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Does anybody have any experience with the Xikar Flintfire series? Or IM Corona Double Corona? I prefer a soft-flame, and I love the classy look of S.T. Duponts, but I prefer a real warranty....thoughts?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    xmacro:
    j0z3r:
    Perdomo Thundra Tabletop lighter by Vector, it's a massive lighter and has a good stretch between refillings, not the essence of portability, but it's one hell of a lighter to set on a table for when you light up a cigar.
    +1 for this - sucker is a great tabletop lighter; triple torch lights anything cigar up in any kind of wind. Had mine for a few months and it just works
    sweet...mine is going to be here today!!!!