Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Anivesario Robusto

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
Photobucket This cigar is light brown in color, minimal veins, and perfect seams. Pre-light aroma is sweet aged tobacco. Upon lighting, there is a pepper blast, lingering into the long finish. A semi-sweet nutty flavor has developed by the one inch mark. Dry almost toasty and flavors coat the tongue in an oily way, lingering on the finish mostly replacing the pepper by the start of the second third. The sweet pepper is still there, but not lingering into the finish as much as the sweet nutty, and tobacco flavors are.

Smoke output is thick and oily, draw is perfect, as is the burn. Halfway through and the pepper comes back and lingers on the long finish, complimenting the other flavors nicely. 45 minutes to the halfway point, I'll finish this review after I nub it.

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sounds tasty!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cabinetmaker:
    Photobucket This cigar is light brown in color, minimal veins, and perfect seams. Pre-light aroma is sweet aged tobacco. Upon lighting, there is a pepper blast, lingering into the long finish. A semi-sweet nutty flavor has developed by the one inch mark. Dry almost toasty and flavors coat the tongue in an oily way, lingering on the finish mostly replacing the pepper by the start of the second third. The sweet pepper is still there, but not lingering into the finish as much as the sweet nutty, and tobacco flavors are.

Smoke output is thick and oily, draw is perfect, as is the burn. Halfway through and the pepper comes back and lingers on the long finish, complimenting the other flavors nicely. 45 minutes to the halfway point, I'll finish this review after I nub it.
    Man that is one fine looking cigar. I can almost taste it just looking at it.

Damn you Cabby... now you have me thinking about those GOF which have already been talking to me since all this crazy sales stuff has reared it head here at C.COM.

Now... I need to find a good enough reason to fire one of these bad boy's up. Other then just I REALLY, REALLY, want one ! LMAO

Can't wait for the finish report. Hurry up will you?
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Any day that ends in Y is a good enough reason for a GOF.

The last half of the cigar transitioned into a creamy, nutty sweetness with a lightly sweet peppery finish. The last third the pepper died down on the draw, and an almost floral aspect came out, but faded to pepper on the still long, oily, creamy finish. The finish lasts almost a full minute as I prepare to take another draw off the perfectly burning robusto. Total burn time was an hour and a half to the nub, which was almost burning my fingers as I did not want to put it down. Even when it got hot at the end, it never became harsh. For my tastes, this one beats the Anejo, and the GOF. Even though both are stellar cigars, this one took it to a whole new level.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:

The last half of the cigar transitioned into a creamy, nutty sweetness with a lightly sweet peppery finish. The last third the pepper died down on the draw, and an almost floral aspect came out, but faded to pepper on the still long, oily, creamy finish. The finish lasts almost a full minute as I prepare to take another draw off the perfectly burning robusto. Total burn time was an hour and a half to the nub, which was almost burning my fingers as I did not want to put it down. Even when it got hot at the end, it never became harsh. For my tastes, this one beats the Anejo, and the GOF. Even though both are stellar cigars, this one took it to a whole new level.
    OK, so I have a half smoked Grape Swisher and a fuzzy M&M Peanut (been keeping it warm in my pocket), want to trade? :)

And BTW I meant for one of those Anniversarios, NOT what you were thinking... sick basturd.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Yum, I want one! or two!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

OK, so I have a half smoked Grape Swisher and a fuzzy M&M Peanut (been keeping it warm in my pocket), want to trade? :)
    You're not wired up right, Doogie.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

And BTW I meant for one of those Anniversarios, NOT what you were thinking... sick basturd.

Hmmmm...i have an idea......
  • Options
    urbino:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

What, you think I should hold out for more Urb's?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    urbino:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

What, you think I should hold out for more Urb's?
    Heh. Might as well.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Nice I have one chillin for about 6 months now
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    That's one fine looking stick. Sounds fantastic. Hope to try one some day.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thanks for the review Cabi! I just got one of these for my B-day and love seeing it sitting in the humi! Nice to know what I have to look forward to when I finally light that baby up!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just a note on this cigar. Do not think for one minute it is like a regular Don Carlos. It is way stronger!!!!! I like them but I like the Anejo 55 and the GoF DC better.