Home General Discussion
Options

Gotta love professors...

So I was in my Marketing Management class this afternoon and he was telling us about his plans for tonight, cigars were mentioned so I thought I'd share, picture this in an English accent:

"Today's thursday, and thursday is boys night.. I dunno what it is about boys night but I like to enjoy a cigar whenever we get together. I don't smoke, but I just enjoy puffing on one. Yea, I like Swishers.. All my friends are sitting around with Cubans and fancy cigars with their fancy clippers and I'm indulging in my Swisher. I like it's flavor and sweetness, plus there's already a hole punched in it, which is nice."

All I could say was wow... gotta love professors

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    probably drives a broken volvo or diesel benz. hole already punched, niiiiiice
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I mean how can you beat it, you dont even have to go through the trouble of cutting it.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    They should put that on the packaging: Hole Included!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Don't forget the tweed jacket with the elbow patches.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Im sold I am emptying out my humi and filling it with Swishers !
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Hole pre punched, and no humidor necessary! I'm sold...
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    So this guy's a business school prof? Wonder if he's ever run a business. Doubtful. I say that because there's something about creating service standards that makes one admire quality when one sees it. That's not to say that any cigar smoker would laugh at him!
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    good for him, cigar preference is a very personal thing and if that is what gives him all the enjoyment he needs then so be it.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Get him a couple sticks from here that have a sweet tip. Maybe someone can recommend a few. Explain to him that he doesn't have to smoke a cuban to enjoy himself but doesn't have to sacrafice quality either. Some decent sweet tip stick run less than $2 a stick.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Get him a couple sticks from here that have a sweet tip. Maybe someone can recommend a few. Explain to him that he doesn't have to smoke a cuban to enjoy himself but doesn't have to sacrafice quality either. Some decent sweet tip stick run less than $2 a stick.
    baccarat used to. they still might. i thought i heard rumors of a reblend and getting rid of the sweet tips.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Professors - dumb as a stump and twice as stubborn, but hey - with tenure, you can be that way. Ugh, I'm still in grad school, and there's no way these people could hold a real job
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    SS rock stop hatin ..... they are trying to simplify the world 1 pre punched crappy stick at a time
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    You know what they say:

Differrent strokes smokes for differrent folks...

...and if most professors are anything it's "differrent".
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    urbino:
    Thsi should go on some of thw women I know!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    sightunseen:

he actually does always wear a tweed jacket with the elbow patches lol
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    sightunseen:
    Haha, I think a pipe would suit him better than a Swisher.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    sightunseen:
    illinoisgolf99:
    sightunseen:

Haha, I think a pipe would suit him better than a Swisher.

Agreed. I should recommend that to him
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    undulac:
    baccarat used to. they still might. i thought i heard rumors of a reblend and getting rid of the sweet tips.
    Flor de Olivas have a sweetened tip, don't they?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    kuzi16:
    undulac:
    its been a while since ive had one but i dont remember that they do.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I asked one of my professors one what kind of cigar he was enjoying (as every time I saw him outside of class he was puffing away on a cigar) and he simply said "The cigars I smoke cannot be bought in this country". I, for one, believed him. He did of course smoke other cigars that can be bought here, but it was simply funny to hear him say that.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    WOW!! Swishers already have the hole punched in them!?!? That's it, I'm sold. Screw all these premium handmade cigars that you have to clip yourself. It's Swishers all the way from now on!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    urbino:
    Thsi should go on some of thw women I know!

You get them confused with men that easily?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    kuzi16:
    undulac:
    its been a while since ive had one but i dont remember that they do.

Professor Sila has a sweet cap...be kinda fun to give the professor a professor....