Home General Discussion
Options

A Momentus Occasion......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Just smoked my first stick with my wife. She did not join in, unfortunately, but we sat on the balcony, had a drink and talked while I smoked a Gurkha Black Dragon Robusto. It was awesome. I'm hoping that it becomes a regular thing with us. I love spending time with my wife and if it can involve my favorite hobby at the same time, then win-win.

Just wanted to share...... sorry for the cheesiness.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Love my time sitting outside smoking with my girlfriend. It's great relaxing time for us, unless the kids are yakking up a storm
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Black Dragon any good?
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Awesome Lilwing!

My fiance has come out on the porch with me once while I had a smoke and it was fantastic. I'm hoping the trend increases now that the weather is turning nicer.

As a plus it will mean that I get more cigar time in. I often hesitate to go out and have one because I'm unwilling to sacrifice "our time" for "my time" unless I really need some "me time".

Thought I'd add to the cheesiness so you don't feel like you're alone in it...

• Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Right on! My wife smokes cigars every now and then with me. She is definatly not as in to the whole thing as I am. but yeah its is nice once and a while to share intrests. Ive recently started a small humi for the cigars she says she enjoys.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Just smoked my first stick with my wife. She did not join in, unfortunately, but we sat on the balcony, had a drink and talked while I smoked a Gurkha Black Dragon Robusto. It was awesome. I'm hoping that it becomes a regular thing with us. I love spending time with my wife and if it can involve my favorite hobby at the same time, then win-win.

Sweet! How'd you like the Dragon?
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome Wing ....... my my wife likes cigars and will smoke them more so at family gatherings and occasionally with me and a few friends ..... Her favorite is RP1990 and she enjoys a nice single malt with her stogie
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Black Dragon was very good, as usual. It's one of my regular smokes. I like the small robusto size for a quick smoke when I don't have the time for a larger vitola. It packs a lot of flavor in such a small stick.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    thats awesome man congrats! unfortuantely my girlfriend is allergic to smoke but I know she would like to join me if she wasn't
  • Options
    chuck86chuck86 Posts: 18
    That's just beautiful man. It's nice to enjoy 2 of your favorite things at once. I hope you get those days more often.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing cheesey about spending quiet time with your woman. Mrs. Slob doesn't smoke cigars, but she is still interested in them and hangs out with me while I smoke.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    That's awesome! We regularly share cigars (well, I let her take a puff every now and then, lol) but we smoke together a lot and it's good quality time.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    damn that must be nice.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The wife has maternity leave starting today - it's been so nice out, I think I'll try to convince her to sit out on the deck with me over the next few weeks and have good conversation. She won't smoke a cigar with me, but I think she'd like sitting around and talking.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Poker Slob:
    Nothing cheesey about spending quiet time with your woman. Mrs. Slob doesn't smoke cigars, but she is still interested in them and hangs out with me while I smoke.
    I agree. The wife and I spend a lot of time together while I or we smoke a stick. She will indulge in anything that isn't too strong. She likes the Gurkha Park Ave.,and others like that stick.

Ummm, slob? How do you get away with refferring to your wife as "Mrs. Slob"? That would get my ass slapped and the lecture to follow would be NOTHING like anything you sat thru in school. LMAO
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Poker Slob:
    I agree. The wife and I spend a lot of time together while I or we smoke a stick. She will indulge in anything that isn't too strong. She likes the Gurkha Park Ave.,and others like that stick.

Ummm, slob? How do you get away with refferring to your wife as "Mrs. Slob"? That would get my ass slapped and the lecture to follow would be NOTHING like anything you sat thru in school. LMAO
    It IS possible that his real last name is Slob....I've heard stranger things.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Hays:
    laker1963:
    Poker Slob:

So, you're saying she agreed to change her last name to Slob. Nice.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bbc020:
    Hays:
    laker1963:
    Poker Slob:

So, you're saying she agreed to change her last name to Slob. Nice.
    Yup, now that would be true LOVE, right there.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I knocked off a Tobacos Baez sitting with the wife on the back porch this evening. Beautiful weather this week here. It was just a tick under 70* and just gorgeous out there watching the bird feeder. That's right, I watch birds while smoking Don Pepin's. The bird watching does not reduce man credentials as long as you have a Don Pepin in your hand. LOL
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I knocked off a Tobacos Baez sitting with the wife on the back porch this evening. Beautiful weather this week here. It was just a tick under 70* and just gorgeous out there watching the bird feeder. That's right, I watch birds while smoking Don Pepin's. The bird watching does not reduce man credentials as long as you have a Don Pepin in your hand. LOL
    i'm with you gypsy - nothing like a cold beer, nice cigar and a pecker on the feeder! Woodpecker that is! LOL
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:

Lilwing - Great news! From time to time my wife will join me on the deck to BS while I enjoy my cigar. When the wind starts to swirl and change direction it can become challenging for her though.