Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Oliveros Padrino

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
Had one the other night, really dark wrapper, great volume of smoke and it tasted lighter than what you would expect for such a dark wrapper but it had a tone of coffee flavors along with a toasty sweet finish. Burn was not picture perfect but acceptable. Good smoke, great price. Though about every 4th one i smoke....the wrapper goes kaboom. Kind of annoying.

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I like the Padrino, always looking for a deal on some.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I like the Padrino, always looking for a deal on some.
    I have a ton of them, have not smoked any yet, but I got a pretty great deal and couldn't pass it up (about $.80 a stick!!). Let me know if you want some, I have plenty to spare....
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I always keep some of these on hand. They can be had for super cheap and they're quite an enjoyable cigar. I love the "Lucky Lou" and they're great to hand to a buddy to make them feel like you just handed them the most expensive cigar on the planet. The band on those things is really just something else.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Padrino revisited: the first I smoked the wrapper blew up, second was good and held together, tonight I get one and take it out of cello and the wrapper is blown apart, so I light up my last one and this wrApper blew apart. F this I'm done with these. My humidors are a razor sharp 70 humidity. I haven't had a problem with any of my other smokes. I have the bugsy 6x62s. Oh well. Good cigar if you can keep the damn thing together...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow and I wanted to try them up until right there.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I had the same experience with these Jet. Smoked one....well, tried to smoke one, and gave the rest away. That one started bland - absolutely no flavor at all, started to tunnel, then burned a hole out the side of the cigar about an inch behind the burn line. I ended up with a whistle. I'm not kidding, the cigar actually started whistling just a tad as I tried puffing. I dunked it in some water and threw it as far as I could.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    im trying this now n its not bad....light for such a dark looking cigar
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually surprised to see positive stuff on this. Every time I look for a review about anything Oliveros, it's all negative reviews. Guess I'll have to try some for myself.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    wwhwang:
    I'm actually surprised to see positive stuff on this. Every time I look for a review about anything Oliveros, it's all negative reviews. Guess I'll have to try some for myself.
    You must not be looking very hard. The LTD is fantastic! I also enjoy the XL Bold & 1927. So far I have liked all the Oliveros I've tried and want to check them all out. Just my .02
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Duder2:
    wwhwang:
    You must not be looking very hard. The LTD is fantastic! I also enjoy the XL Bold & 1927. So far I have liked all the Oliveros I've tried and want to check them all out. Just my .02
    +1 for the XL and the LTD. Not so much the 1927 but have only had one so will have to try another.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    laker1963:
    Duder2:
    wwhwang:
    +1 for the XL and the LTD. Not so much the 1927 but have only had one so will have to try another.
    Yeah, the 1927 is kinda mild, but I find it to have a very pleasant chocolaty character to it and it smells really good.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I had the same experience with these Jet. Smoked one....well, tried to smoke one, and gave the rest away. That one started bland - absolutely no flavor at all, started to tunnel, then burned a hole out the side of the cigar about an inch behind the burn line. I ended up with a whistle. I'm not kidding, the cigar actually started whistling just a tad as I tried puffing. I dunked it in some water and threw it as far as I could.
    This made my day, gave me a good laugh as I pictured a whistling cigar....Hey, maybe a new Gurkha gimmick .... ?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Duder2:
    wwhwang:
    I thought the XL Bold and Double Corojo were very good smokes