Home General Discussion
Options

Perdomo Announcement

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
So I read just this on the Puff.com forums. I thought I'll copy and paste it here for your enjoyment

Friends, I promised you a major announcement and here is the first of several that are forthcoming: Below is a letter which officially announces what I have decided to do that will benefit you, the Cigar Lover. I'm lowering prices on 3 major Perdomo premium brands! Please read the letter in its entirety and post your comments for the world to see, your reaction means a great deal to me personally and each of my employees.

Dear Cigar Lovers,

At this very same time last year, we were all hit with the punitive SCHIP, a 700% tax increase on premium cigars. Our company, Tabacalera Perdomo, made a courageous decision and absorbed this ridiculous tax on more than 70% of our brands and also reduced the price of our famous Perdomo Reserve line, by $25.00 to $37.50 a box! When manufacturers were again raising prices in these tough times, we went completely against the industry trend and lowered our price points last April. As we approach the completion of the first year since that dreadful “cigar tax day,” I am proud to say that the huge risk we took paid off as you spread the word and supported Perdomo Cigars.

With today’s poor economy and the continued attacks of taxation and smoking bans, I spend most of my days asking: What can I do to ensure you will have the opportunity to enjoy Perdomo cigars every day? My solution is complex and difficult, but it’s simply the right thing to do. This year, as you continue to experience numerous price increases again – in addition to last year’s outrageous taxes - I ask myself, “Aren’t we in this together?” My answer is an unequivocal “Yes!” That’s why, starting in April, we will reduce the prices on even more of our most popular brands, including our Perdomo Lot 23, Perdomo Grand Cru, Perdomo 2 (Squared) L.E. 2008!

As we roll back our prices on Perdomo cigars to levels not seen since 2007, you may ask yourself: “Why is Nick doing this again?” My answer is quite simple: I trust that cigar smokers are smart with their hard earned dollars and will recognize Tabacalera Perdomo’s efforts to provide premium quality cigars at very affordable prices.

A year ago, when we reduced our prices, many of you called or emailed to thank me. Our sales team also received numerous handshakes and compliments. I sincerely thank you and I will always remember your kind words. As one of the few remaining family owned and operated American cigar companies, we control every aspect of the agricultural, manufacturing, and distribution of our brands. Efficiency and total quality control continue to be our top priorities, and this will not change, I assure you!

On behalf of the “Perdomo family” in Miami, Nicaragua, and across the United States, we want to thank you for your loyalty and support. We look forward to many more years of offering you outstanding Perdomo cigars at affordable prices!

Sincerely,

Nick Perdomo, Jr.
President, CEO
Tabacalera Perdomo

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I met Nick a few times and he is the man. I know I will support him no matter what he does because he is such a great guy.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Great news, I have never had a Perdomo that I didn't like
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    fla-gypsy:
    Great news, I have never had a Perdomo that I didn't like
    ive never had a perdomo! Got a lot 23 and somethin else of theirs restin, just havent gotten to smoke in quite a while!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I love Perdomo cigars, but I could do without the politicking.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I guess I read something different than you because I didn't see any politicking in his statement. I think this is great thing for all of us and he is explaining how and why. I am sure he doesn't want people thinking Perdomo is lowering their prices because they are taking shortcuts or changing blends. A price decline that goes against the trend might concern some customers. This is great news.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my my, I think the reserve oscuro may be one of the best cigars I've ever smoked, this is indeed good news, can't wait
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Lot 23 is a good cigar, as are all the others. Good news for us.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    jsnake:
    urbino:
    I guess I read something different than you because I didn't see any politicking in his statement. I think this is great thing for all of us and he is explaining how and why. I am sure he doesn't want people thinking Perdomo is lowering their prices because they are taking shortcuts or changing blends. A price decline that goes against the trend might concern some customers. This is great news.
    +1
  • Options
    If all he wanted to do was explain that he was lowering his prices but without cutting corners, here's all it needed to say:
    sightunseen:
    Dear Cigar Lovers,

Last year about this time, Tabacalera Perdomo made the courageous decision to forgo price increases, and even reduced the price of our famous Perdomo Reserve line, by $25.00 to $37.50 a box! When manufacturers were again raising prices in these tough times, we went completely against the industry trend and lowered our price points last April. As we approach the completion of the first year since, I am proud to say that the huge risk we took paid off as you spread the word and supported Perdomo Cigars.

With today’s poor economy, I spend most of my days asking: What can I do to ensure you will have the opportunity to enjoy Perdomo cigars every day? My solution is complex and difficult, but it’s simply the right thing to do. This year, as you continue to experience numerous price increases again, I ask myself, “Aren’t we in this together?” My answer is an unequivocal “Yes!” That’s why, starting in April, we will reduce the prices on even more of our most popular brands, including our Perdomo Lot 23, Perdomo Grand Cru, Perdomo 2 (Squared) L.E. 2008!

As we roll back our prices on Perdomo cigars to levels not seen since 2007, you may ask yourself: “Why is Nick doing this again?” My answer is quite simple: I trust that cigar smokers are smart with their hard earned dollars and will recognize Tabacalera Perdomo’s efforts to provide premium quality cigars at very affordable prices.

A year ago, when we reduced our prices, many of you called or emailed to thank me. Our sales team also received numerous handshakes and compliments. I sincerely thank you and I will always remember your kind words. As one of the few remaining family owned and operated American cigar companies, we control every aspect of the agricultural, manufacturing, and distribution of our brands. Efficiency and total quality control continue to be our top priorities, and this will not change, I assure you!

On behalf of the “Perdomo family” in Miami, Nicaragua, and across the United States, we want to thank you for your loyalty and support. We look forward to many more years of offering you outstanding Perdomo cigars at affordable prices!

Sincerely,

Nick Perdomo, Jr.
    President, CEO
    Tabacalera Perdomo
    Everything else was political commentary.

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I need to try a Perdomo! Don't mind supporting someone that is trying to keep my Humi filled at a reasonable price. Sounds like a good excuse to visit my local B&M anyway.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    So the stuff about the ridiculous Govt imposed taxes wasn't true? Let's do some fact checking! The truth is not politicking.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Regardless of any political crap here, I got my first Perdomo sticks in the mail today, from CCOM, and I think I will try one of them tonight!
  • Options
    You'll be pleased.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo is a solid brand that I have always had good luck with. Never a bad stick.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    docbp87:
    Regardless of any political crap here, I got my first Perdomo sticks in the mail today, from CCOM, and I think I will try one of them tonight!
    While I agree with urbi that you'll be pleased, it would benefit you to let them rest. The first assortment of Perdomo's I got I smoked within a few weeks of getting them and they were ok. But the second I let sit for about 3 months and they were WAY better with the extra rest. Just my $.02.
  • Options
    Duder2:
    docbp87:
    While I agree with urbi that you'll be pleased, it would benefit you to let them rest. The first assortment of Perdomo's I got I smoked within a few weeks of getting them and they were ok. But the second I let sit for about 3 months and they were WAY better with the extra rest. Just my $.02.
    I find that 3 months of rest is ideal for most all my smokes, especially any that have been shipped. I even have a color-coded spreadsheet to track the rest/aging of my stogies.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    Duder2:
    docbp87:
    I find that 3 months of rest is ideal for most all my smokes, especially any that have been shipped. I even have a color-coded spreadsheet to track the rest/aging of my stogies.
    Sounds like I need to try Perdormos...as for the aging...I just write the date I get the sticks on the cellophane, and then add them into my iPhone database.

"Long ashes my friends."