Home Non Cigar Related

new ride

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Sorry I've been MIA since Wednesday, but I unexpectedly spent three days in Houston. I went there to buy this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400110247105&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_25345wt_939

I do have it now, just made it back home tonight, but getting it was something of an odyssey, lol. Anyways, I love this ride, and for you that don't want to look at the listing, its a 2006 Mazda Speed6, 34k miles, 274hp, AWD, 6 Speed, leather everything, all the bells-and-whistles. I love this car so much.

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    That car looks amazing! looks like a good price too if you got it around what the ebay page had it for.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sweet car bro... an 06 with 34k not bad at all.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Speed6's are a phenomenal car. As close to a 3 series as one can get without being a 3 series. I love to drive these. Very tuneable but fun in stock form as well. I am 6'4 so this car is a perfect fit for my frame. I ran a Mazda shop and never really saw problems with this car as long as it wasn't abused. You will feel a "stutter" at wide open throttle in 5th and 6th at about 3k rpm. This is normal but everyone I've ever talked to was worried so I thought a little forewarning was in order for you. What's happening is the boost is electronically controlled and at that rpm, in that gear, it actually overboosts for a split second and then stutters as the boost is brought back in line with the stock parameters. Awesome car for sure.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Congrats, alien! Everybody I've ever known of who had one of those cars has loved it.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Holy Crap dude...nice friggin car. Kinda funny, i almost brought a truck from that company on ebay. You going to rice out the engine or leave it be.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Speed6's are a phenomenal car. As close to a 3 series as one can get without being a 3 series. I love to drive these. Very tuneable but fun in stock form as well. I am 6'4 so this car is a perfect fit for my frame. I ran a Mazda shop and never really saw problems with this car as long as it wasn't abused. You will feel a "stutter" at wide open throttle in 5th and 6th at about 3k rpm. This is normal but everyone I've ever talked to was worried so I thought a little forewarning was in order for you. What's happening is the boost is electronically controlled and at that rpm, in that gear, it actually overboosts for a split second and then stutters as the boost is brought back in line with the stock parameters. Awesome car for sure.
    Yeah man, I'm 6' 3", I feel your pain. But this car is so comfortable. I even checked, with the driver's seat set for me, I can still fit in the back seat behind it. And it really isn't a big car. A BMW is about the best comparison for it.

Jetmech_63:
    Holy Crap dude...nice friggin car. Kinda funny, i almost brought a truck from that company on ebay. You going to rice out the engine or leave it be.
    Oh man, I'm gonna leave it alone. I love that it really looks pretty mild. The only badge on it is in the back, the Mazdaspeed6 badge. No "turbo" or "RT" or "GT" or whatever. But it hauls man, it really does roll. It is a car that needs nothing done to it. I'm not entering any road-racing leagues with it, lol.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Thats a slick car Tony ................. very nice
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Don't mean to discourage, but I hope yours is a lot better to you than mine has been to me. Don't get me wrong, it's the most fun I've ever had driving a car but I just paid it off (bought brand new in 06) and I can't wait to get rid of it.

So far, the navigation remote had to be replaced once, the buttons under the trunk and driver's door to unlock the doors have had to be repaired two or three times, replaced the battery when the car was only 2 years old, third gear had to be rebuilt, now second gear is acting up and my power steering works intermittently (replaced the ps pump but it's still acting up, meaning it's the rack or ps pressure monitor). I only have 60k miles on the car (which also means it's out of warranty as of 10k miles ago).

If I didn't have all the problems I've had, I would have planned on keeping the car for another few years just because it's been so much fun to drive. Even talked about handing it over to my girlfriend in a few years so she doesn't have to drive her truck around everywhere.
    I hope mine treats me alot better than yours did too, lol. And yeah, it is a blast to drive.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Alien surprized you didn't get something that flies.
    Oh, the Speed6 does fly....
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sandman1am:
    Alien surprized you didn't get something that flies.

This is just his "EarthCraft" LOL !
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hey Dennis .................... I think in previous comment you have stated that you work at or run a Nissan shop ................ Any thing I need to aware of on the 2010 Nissan Rogue ..... My wifey just leased a SL model ....... Nice ride we took it on 200 mile lunch trip today ..... I liked it but prefer my 2009 Subaru Legacy ....... Just not big on the color she took but .... eh its her car ... its iridium ..... looks like someone gorged on plums and prunes then barfed .... LOL ... But any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Damn, that's a fine looking car. AND IT'S A STICK SHIFT!! Way to go! Now the only question is, what cigar are you gonna break it in with?
    Not sure. I was going to smoke a Don Carlos Anniversary to celebrate it, but things happened and now that's my humidor celebration smoke, lol. I might end up toasting a GoF or something not sure. But since I've had the car almost two weeks now, it really wouldn't seem like a celebration for the car.......oh well, just have to smoke it anyways.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Nice looking ride, enjoy!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    As you can tell from my nick, I obviously approve.
    Word.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Just looked it up on yahoo. Sweet ride! Back in '86 I had a 626. Regular old sedan, nothing like yours but I enjoyed that car and it was solid as a rock! Enjoy it and have fun.
    Yeah man, like I said, I love it. I'm still in that phase of smiling every time I see it in the driveway or parking lot, lol.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hey don't know if you noticed but that was your 2000th post! Congrats!