Home General Discussion
Options

Packing travel humidor for vacation

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
I am headed out on Monday for 5 nights of camping down here in the southland and just packed up my travel humidor. This is what I have so far.
Cu-avana Intenso X4
LHCOF x4
5 Vegas "A"
5 Vegas "AAA"
DPG JJ Maduro
DPG JJ
DPG Cuban Classic 1979
Graycliff G2 Turbo
MOW Original
MOW Ruination X2
MOW Virtue
Diesel
A total of 19 sticks for 5 days/nights and if I catch a B&M along the way I may be able to replensih mid trip LOL. I will be in the Charleston SC area, (I Love History) and will be out of touch with the BOTL Mon--Fri. but I will be pursuing the leaf none the same

Comments

• Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    You sure thats enough for 5 days? seems pretty thin. hahaha....just joke. have a good trip, sounds like fun.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I am headed out on Monday for 5 nights of camping down here in the southland and just packed up my travel humidor. This is what I have so far.
    Cu-avana Intenso X4
    LHCOF x4
    5 Vegas "A"
    5 Vegas "AAA"
    DPG JJ Maduro
    DPG JJ
    DPG Cuban Classic 1979
    Graycliff G2 Turbo
    MOW Original
    MOW Ruination X2
    MOW Virtue
    Diesel
    A total of 19 sticks for 5 days/nights and if I catch a B&M along the way I may be able to replensih mid trip LOL. I will be in the Charleston SC area, (I Love History) and will be out of touch with the BOTL Mon--Fri. but I will be pursuing the leaf none the same
    Gypsy - Don't burn down the state.lol Looks like an awsome start to your trip. My sister makes Colombia SC home and her husband is a huge history buff. Hope you come back with some interesting stories!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Those are some tasty sticks you have on you're list sir ........ Enjoy the vacation
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Have a good trip, we will all be here when ya get back

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    have a good trip man sounds like youre prepared!
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Charleston is an AWESOME city! Live there for four years during my USAF days & thoroughly loved it. Be sure to check out some plantations, Rainbow Row, and Folly Beach if you can make it. Bring back lots of pics & stories for us. If its history you're after, you're gonna love Charleston SC!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Have a safe and fun trip....I would agree that is a little light for a vacation...actually if I remember correctly that is a little light for a week of work for you! Hope you find a good B&M on the way.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    If you are planning on eating at some restaurants you have to go to Hymans! That place is awesome, great food and environment.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Have a good one!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    One of the funnest things about traveling (for me) is the pre-trip anticipation, and deciding what cigars and how many to take along.
  • Options
    JZ:
    If you are planning on eating at some restaurants you have to go to Hymans! That place is awesome, great food and environment.
    I will search out this establishment as eating is my 2nd most important vice, after cigars of course
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Have a safe and fun trip....I would agree that is a little light for a vacation...actually if I remember correctly that is a little light for a week of work for you! Hope you find a good B&M on the way.
    The search for a local B&M is a top priority. However, reconoitering B&M's has to be done in a manner that the Warden thinks we are searching for Anitiques spots. It is a diabolical yet effective plan of subterfuge. "oh sweety, look, a cigar shop, lets swing by there for a minute before we hit the next spot"! he says, with lighter and cutter in his pocket!
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    The search for a local B&M is a top priority. However, reconoitering B&M's has to be done in a manner that the Warden thinks we are searching for Anitiques spots. It is a diabolical yet effective plan of subterfuge. "oh sweety, look, a cigar shop, lets swing by there for a minute before we hit the next spot"! he says, with lighter and cutter in his pocket!
    Genius!
  • Options
    JZ:
    Ah, Hymans Seafood! You're killin me JZ!!! :-) Ever try out a place called Carey Hilliards up in North Chas? Frogmore stem, Brunswick stew, boiled peanuts.... d@mn I gotta take a vacation soon!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    Well played sir, well played... :-)

• Options
    Corymc23Corymc23 Posts: 31
    Now you see, this is something I could learn from! As a fairly newcomer to the cigar world, this is going to be a handy trick! Thank you Jedi master for showing me your ways.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    gdsim1:
    JZ:
    Ah, Hymans Seafood! You're killin me JZ!!! :-) Ever try out a place called Carey Hilliards up in North Chas? Frogmore stem, Brunswick stew, boiled peanuts.... d@mn I gotta take a vacation soon!
    I've never been to Hilliards but will make sure I try it if I make it back that way. Charleston is a really cool City!
  • Options
    I am back from Charleston and had a great time. I did find a nice little B&M out on Rittenburg Blvd called Kingston Cigars. Small place but a decent selection and friendly folks. I picked up a Oliva "V" Salomon (My first V) wow! was that good, and a Cain Habano. I burned 18 sticks in 6 days and had a great time sitting around the campfire and checking out the spots in Charleston. Also made it over to Hyman's for lunch. That place is the bomb!, that may be the best seafood I have ever eaten and I have lived along the Florida coast my entire life and eaten plenty of seafood.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Glad to hear you had a good time. I love visiting Charleston, it's such a great city. I'll have to remember that seafood restaurant for next time.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    I am back from Charleston and had a great time. I did find a nice little B&M out on Rittenburg Blvd called Kingston Cigars. Small place but a decent selection and friendly folks. I picked up a Oliva "V" Salomon (My first V) wow! was that good, and a Cain Habano. I burned 18 sticks in 6 days and had a great time sitting around the campfire and checking out the spots in Charleston. Also made it over to Hyman's for lunch. That place is the bomb!, that may be the best seafood I have ever eaten and I have lived along the Florida coast my entire life and eaten plenty of seafood.
    Did they have Shrimp Burritos? Hahaha J/K. What did you get to eat there and what made it the best, taste, presentation, whole experience? I like the whole dinning experience and like to hear what others have to say esp. about places I haven't been or my favs.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    Did they have Shrimp Burritos? Hahaha J/K. What did you get to eat there and what made it the best, taste, presentation, whole experience? I like the whole dinning experience and like to hear what others have to say esp. about places I haven't been or my favs.
    It was all about the food! I had Mahi, Sea Scallops, and Shrimp fixed cajun style, it was brolied to perfection and it was superb!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    It was all about the food! I had Mahi, Sea Scallops, and Shrimp fixed cajun style, it was brolied to perfection and it was superb!
    Dig it sounds yummy. I love Mahi, scallops, and shrimp. Now just need to find a way or reason down to that place for a short trip.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    Dig it sounds yummy. I love Mahi, scallops, and shrimp. Now just need to find a way or reason down to that place for a short trip.
    It's only a 2 and a half hour car ride from me... You can come visit when we get together for the South-East herf! It sounds like it's going to be in Atlanta and Charleston is kinda on the way... just sayin'
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    It's only a 2 and a half hour car ride from me... You can come visit when we get together for the South-East herf! It sounds like it's going to be in Atlanta and Charleston is kinda on the way... just sayin'
    Ya just a short 15 or so hour drive. When's the Herf?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    PM on the way...
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    PM on the way...
    if this all works out, this will probably be the biggest ccom herf to date!
  • Options
    I'm really hoping it does! And if iall goes well maybe we can make it semi-regular occurance...