Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Clash of the titans

Anyone see it? Care to share a review? I want to see it but just starting to look at the reviews.

Comments

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Release the Kraken? Apparently "Kraken" is the new Hollywood word for "****." Here's a thread from another forum: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6630042702/p/1
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I liked it, good movie. Saw it in 3d, 2d would have been just as good, though. And cheaper.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I saw this with the wife at the drive-in, double-feature with Book of Eli. It was okay but really it was the drive-in that made it even that good. Very predictable Hollywood visual fluff flick. If I saw it in the theater I don't think I would have liked it at all and I wouldn't have been able to smoke cigars the entire time!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Was kinda 'meh' on the new one; Just watched the old one (1970's) - awesome IMO.
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    One of my friends on the rugby team, a big sci fi fan, sait it was "a steaming pile of horse s@#$". So its prolly not that great.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything I have heard has been horrible. I noticed on the commercial tonight all of the reviews that they flashed on the screen were super fast and almost all came from a reviewer at WGN. Not exactly who I turn to for movie reviews. I will see it on dvd when it comes out.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    bigharpoon:
    I saw this with the wife at the drive-in, double-feature with Book of Eli. It was okay but really it was the drive-in that made it even that good. Very predictable Hollywood visual fluff flick. If I saw it in the theater I don't think I would have liked it at all and I wouldn't have been able to smoke cigars the entire time!
    What did you think of Book of Eli? I really liked that movie. Thought Denzel was great in it, and didn't see the ending coming.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Is this the movie that costs $18 to see in 3D????

I absolutely loved the original. I used to watch it over and over as a kid. I used to have a crazy crush on Princess Andromeda. I had a poster of the scene with her chained to the rock hanging on my wall. Might explain the fetish I have with bondage............ woops............... did I just say that outloud?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    lilwing88:

I absolutely loved the original. I used to watch it over and over as a kid. I used to have a crazy crush on Princess Andromeda. I had a poster of the scene with her chained to the rock hanging on my wall. Might explain the fetish I have with bondage............ woops............... did I just say that outloud?
    Get the new DVD of the original and you can see her unedited bathing scenes
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    It got a 39 from metacritic, and the user reviews average 4.9/10. Sounds like a big ****.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:

I loved that movie too, I watched it everytime it came on TBS

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Well, I have plans to see this piece of crap this weekend. I am going to rewatch the original tomorrow. I also ordered a handful of other Harryhousen films last night on a whim.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I saw this yesterday. I saw it in 2D, not 3D. I will say that the movie wasnt terrible and the CGI was not bad at all. Some of the acting was terrible and the story line was much much better in the original. Listen it wasnt war & peace or of mice and men, but it wasnt bad. You go to this movie cuz you know what you are getting into. Greek mythology, fantastical creatures and soem fun action. I wouldn't go back to see it in the movies again or buy the DVD, but if it come on TBS as often as the original, I will watch it again.