Home Cigar 101
Options

Carlos Torano

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
BOTL: Just read a review of the "Exodus 1959" and it sounded tasty/good. Who has had and what did you think? And if not the "1959" which, if any of the Torano have you had, and what did you think? So much to smoke and so little to time to smoke! Frustrating at times. Thanks - Dark Roast

Comments

• Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Ive had the Exodus 1959 Gold, i dont remember the tastes of it so much, but i do remember it was good, definitely worth trying. The Reserva Selecta is also good.
  • Options
    bama3715:
    Ive had the Exodus 1959 Gold, i dont remember the tastes of it so much, but i do remember it was good, definitely worth trying. The Reserva Selecta is also good.
    Bama - thanks for your feedback.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The newest blend in the Exodus line is really good, the "50 Years". Has a Brazilian maduro wrapper and a complex, medium-full bodied blend of fillers. I really like them.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I am a huge Torano fan. The Exodus gold has been one of my favorites since its arrival over ten years ago. I also loved the 50th. I finally tried the Silver last week, an it was milder but still good.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I want to try some Torano stuff after I try a few more DPG and the sticks I have waiting in the wings.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I've had pretty good luck with the Casa Torano Maduro - rich coffee and chocolatey flavors, though I'll admit it's been a while since I've smoked one. A couple guys recommended the Signature to me, but I wasn't all that impressed. I'll have to revisit that one sometime soon, I think I've got one lying around somewhere.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    bama3715:
    I had one as well, and have the other one aging. It sits at about 3 years now. I keep waiting for the right moment. But it was a wonderful smoke. I wish these would show up on a daily deal!!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't had the Exodus, really liked the Signature, in fact, pretty much liked every Torano I've had, now I'm curious about this one, hmm...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    The silver exodus was the cigar that got me into cigars. I havent found a Torano yet that I dont like though I havent tried all of them.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I like the 1916, I had one about a year ago and was pretty good. I also was able to get a 59 through the 2010 pass, I can't wait to try it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have had them, they are quite good in both gold and silver labels. I got a fish type flavor in the silver that I have to say was not unpleasant.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Torano is easily my favorite brand. I love the Signature, Exodus Gold, and 1916 Cameroon.

Rocky Patel and Gurkha should take a lesson from Torano: its better to have 8 great cigars than to have 2 great cigars and 15 meh-bad cigars.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    Torano is easily my favorite brand. I love the Signature, Exodus Gold, and 1916 Cameroon.

Rocky Patel and Gurkha should take a lesson from Torano: its better to have 8 great cigars than to have 2 great cigars and 15 meh-bad cigars.
    Of the Torano line my two favorites are the Casa Torano and the Signature. Would smoke either any day. Every time I see them at my local shop I will pick one up.
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    bama3715:
    I had one as well, and have the other one aging. It sits at about 3 years now. I keep waiting for the right moment. But it was a wonderful smoke. I wish these would show up on a daily deal!!
    Smoke - I'm with you on the DD. I would love to give them a try at the right price. If Tim is listening...please let the powers to be know what some of the BOTL would enjoy seing on the DD.