Home Non Cigar Related

Southern California Quake!

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
Everyone OK? Hope so! I have experienced a little Mid West tremor. Nothing compared to what you guys got. Prayers extended to all!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That was a big one, I was sitting outside having a cigar when it hit and it lasted so long I started to get dizzy from all the movement. That was the biggest one we've had in a while.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I aint feel s#t! Then again i'm in the valley :) Glad youre ok joe...I thought of a few yo mama jokes i oculd have easily slid in here though :)
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Man it was crazy .................... I felt tremors all the way here in Buffalo, NY .............. o wait never mind those were tremors from the old man rippin ash at the table next to us at the restaurant we had brunh at ....... Damn white trash coming to the nice neighbor hood acting classless ................. Glad everyone is ok ...... and Jozer ....... are you sure the cigar was not kickin your ash ..................... lol
    lol, the cigar might have played a part, I'm not gonna count it out. :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    glad your allright jo-jo
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    It wasn't too bad where I was at, almost tipped over my glass of water onto my laptop. Was it worse where you're at joe?
    Thanks Gene. I feel bad for the people in the northern Mexico area where it hit, last I read there was one confirmed death and who knows how much damage.
    Garen B:
    It wasn't too bad where I was at, almost tipped over my glass of water onto my laptop. Was it worse where you're at joe?
    It felt like the ground was lightly rolling, basically felt it enough to where I started getting a little vertigo from the constant movement. I wouldn't say it was bad, but I definitely could feel it.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Crazy - glad you're ok Joe. I've never been near an earthquake and I hope to never be near one. You crazy Kalifornians and your earthquakes!
    TatuajeVI:
    You crazy Kalifornians and your earthquakes!
    Well, the big ones are few and far between. And it's just about impossible to freeze to death during winter here, how about in MI? And Winter comes around every year. Smile [:)]
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    j0z3r:
    TatuajeVI:
    You crazy Kalifornians and your earthquakes!
    Well, the big ones are few and far between. And it's just about impossible to freeze to death during winter here, how about in MI? And Winter comes around every year. Smile [:)]
    lol, good point. I think winter comes around about 10 times a year here, though. Snowing one minute, sunny and seventy the next.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Im planning on moving out to Southern California for grad school in 2 years... being from IL Im not used to earthquakes but this makes me wonder if I should move or not
  • illinoisgolf99:
    Im planning on moving out to Southern California for grad school in 2 years... being from IL Im not used to earthquakes but this makes me wonder if I should move or not
    thats kinda like not living for the fear of dying, think joe has a good point, and if i remember correctly ill mo ky tn al are siiting on a much bigger fault line and much more likey chance of a catastrophic(sp) quake than so cal
  • besides there much better reasons to want to stay out of cali.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Felt it here, but it wasn't bad enough to get up or stop what I was doing. I'm sure it was much worse the further south you were.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    By the looks of it most of the BOTL on the West coast have said something on the boards. Glad you guys are all ok.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear everyone made it through it all right.

But as for staying out of California because of earthquakes is kinda silly IMO. I grew up in Clovis (Fresno area), and we'd get them sometimes too. Everyplace has something; tornado alley, hurricane alley, earthquake central, volcanos in the PNW, major winter storms in NE. About the only bona fide stoopid place to live is New Orleans. Below sea level, next to the gulf? A big ship goes by and those people are farged. :P

No matter what your natural catastrophe you live near, just make sure you are smoking a cigar on your way out and you'll end on a high note ;)
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    illinoisgolf99:
    The public colleges here are broke, I'd stay the heck out of here. It's not the earthquakes you should be fearing, it's the idiots in charge of tuition.

What do you plan on going to grad school for?
    mustluvcigars:
    besides there much better reasons to want to stay out of cali.
    Yeah, like Los Angeles, San Bernardino...those are a couple big reasons to stay out of Socal.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    mustluvcigars:
    Yeah, like Los Angeles, San Bernardino...those are a couple big reasons to stay out of Socal.

Damn.,...beat me to it
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Jetmech_63:
    j0z3r:
    mustluvcigars:

Damn.,...beat me to it
    LMAO