Home Cigar 101
Options

What are acid cigars?

Acid cigars are a special brand of aromatic cigars. They come in a range of flavors that, in smoking experience, are said to be comparable to the traditional Churchill and Robusto cigars. Although relative newcomers to the botanical aromatic cigar market, Acid cigars have managed to gain quite a following with cigar connoisseurs. well if anyone know much about acid cigars please dont hesitate to post, i will love to read.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, trying to smoke ANY of Drew Estate's infused sticks is like trying to smoke a lollipop. If I wanted candy, I'd buy candy. Yuck!!

Marty

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Take my opinion with a grain of salt becuase I smoked a Kuba Kuba, which was my 3rd cigar ever and have smoked 3 more since...

Did not enjoy the whole flavored cigar, thought I had a insense stick in my mouth (the ones Indian people and weed smokers light up) . Wrapper started to unravel 3/4ths into the cigar. Was not to happy with a $7 stick. Should have gone for a Nub or Montecristo white instead.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    SH*T... that's what.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    How can you go wrong with something that comes in a range of flavors like churchill and robusto?
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    How can you go wrong with something that comes in a range of flavors like churchill and robusto?
    I was wondering who was going to catch that.....
  • Options
    Corymc23Corymc23 Posts: 31
    Not to reveal my rookie here, but what exactly does an "infused" cigar taste like? Or rather, what is the purpose behind it? What was Drew Estates trying to accomplish by adding flavors?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Going after the "extra sugar and hazelnut coffee-mate in my DD coffee coolata while eating chocolate amaretto cake with caramel drizzle for breakfast" demographic?
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    KCW:
    bigharpoon:
    I was wondering who was going to catch that.....
    BHAHAHAHAHAHA +1

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I will admit that there are some times when I want a sweeter cigar but so far every acid I have tried isn't good. I would try the others but only if someone else bought them for me.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Corymc23:
    Not to reveal my rookie here, but what exactly does an "infused" cigar taste like? Or rather, what is the purpose behind it? What was Drew Estates trying to accomplish by adding flavors?
    If you have not had one, do try it. I just started smoking cigars and the Acid Kuba Kuba was the first infused cigar I ever had. didnt enjoy it as much, but wanted to try it though. Some people like em, so you never know..
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Going after the "extra sugar and hazelnut coffee-mate in my DD coffee coolata while eating chocolate amaretto cake with caramel drizzle for breakfast" demographic?
    LMAO

And I have had one of their Tabak Especial Coffee flavored sticks once. It was not bad, but I would not buy a box, and would only smoke these once in a blue moon.

I smoke cigars for tobacco flavor, not grape Nehi.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    My favorite flavor is lonsdale ....... its delicious ....... leather and spice and all thats nice ...... i also like soloman flavored ....... real nice down to earth flavored cigars
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Corymc23:
    Try one... I personally don't like them but they are different. So different, I had to try two to at least be sure I didn't like it. That was a long time ago and my pallette has changed. To me, it's just not a "Real" cigar. But its fun to try different things.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried all of the acid cigars and I didn't like any of them.

Interesting enough, I picked up the CI Legends Copper Label from a liquor store a couple weeks ago. I didn't know it was a DE cigar or an infused cigar, I was just interested in trying one of the Legends. Turned out to be the infused cigar by Drew Estates and I actually enjoyed it.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Corymc23:
    Think "goat's ass" thread...
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Come on guys don't you think you are being a little unfair to one of the first "gringos" to make it in the cigar industry? Yea maybe his cigars are not eveyones cup of tea but I think the ease of smoking them allows a newcomer an easy entry into cigar smoking. Also I have to say that I have smoked hundreds of his cigars (different varieties) and none, if any, gave me smoking problems. They were all well constructed sticks! I really started smoking Fuente 858 years ago then stopped for several years. It was when I picked up an Acid Nefesto that I started to get back into smoking cigars. That was two or three years ago. I have since moved into more "traditional" cigars, but if it were not for Johnathan Drew Acid I more than likely would not be a member of the illustrious BOTL!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have said it before Dark Roast, They are a quality cigar, and they sell by the boatload. They may not be for everyone, but are a startpoint for many cigar smokers who may not know that mainstream cigars are not for old men. I believe that many young guys smoke DEs because they are not their fathers, or Grandfathers cigars I smoked a bunch when I started too, But prefer the tradition sticks now. By the way I will have to add illustrious member to my resume'
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kaspera - Nothing better than hangin with a bunch of illustrious BOTL's! LOL
  • Options
    Acid were my gateway cigar,,, smoke a lot of them till I have a few others now In hooked on the non flavored ones tried to smoke a cold tea infusion a few weeks ago and hated the sweat tip.... did not pair with bourbon at all burrrrr. but god bless them, If not for acids cigars I would not have the large hole in my wallet i have now................Hey wait a minute!
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    I'm a so so fan of Acid cigars. I can honestly say that I really like the Tabak Especial and the Kuba Kuba... I have one 10ct humidor for the infused cigars with about 7 in it... Acid cigars are my way of being the terrible friend I am and getting my friends hooked on cigars. For example this exact conversation took place Tuesday on my porch: Me: "Hey what did you think of that Tabak Especial the other night?" Him: "It was awesome! I loved it!" Me: "If you thought that was good try this Cigar.com Brazilian lable its got lots of the same flavors without the being girly lable that flavor cigars carry with them" Muhuhahaha like giving crack to first time junkies...
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Me: "Hey what did you think of that Tabak Especial the other night?" Him: "It was awesome! I loved it!" Me: "If you thought that was good try this Cigar.com Brazilian lable its got lots of the same flavors without the being girly lable that flavor cigars carry with them" Muhuhahaha like giving crack to first time junkies...
    +1. I too am a noobie cigar enthusiant with only a few months under my belt at about only 15 different sticks. The first cigar I ever had was a DE "Ambrosia - Kaya" cigar and I frekaing loved it from the first try. Amazing smell and sweet taste. I've since tried DE's Acid 1400cc, Kuba Kuba and Tabak especial con leche and thoroughly enjoyed them all. I will tell you this though... Anyday, anytime, I'd take a non-infused cigar over one of those. They are great cigars and I thank DE for making them becasue as was said earlier they were my gateway for cigars too and I may not have continued smoking cigars if I hadn't had the DE first. They arn't necessarily my favorite cigars, but I really like them.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Oh, Forgot one thing - From my limited experience, none of the infused cigars have a drink that they can be well paired with...
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    GadwinDuil:
    Oh, Forgot one thing - From my limited experience, none of the infused cigars have a drink that they can be well paired with...
    Acid Blondies go quite well with some Masala tea I picked up in India, FYI for you southern guys out there, you drink it hot. There again I know of several cigars that go even better with a single malt !!!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    the only people I know that smoke ACID cigars are women.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    LOLOLOL, I tried an Acid Liquid and thought I was going to throw up. Didn't even make it halfway thru. The only liquid flavor I could pick out was cat urine!
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Krieg:
    my girlfriend loves the blondies...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    ...hey now !
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Krieg:
    LOLOLOL, I tried an Acid Liquid and thought I was going to throw up. Didn't even make it halfway thru. The only liquid flavor I could pick out was cat urine!

In theory that is a liquid....
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    Krieg:
    my girlfriend loves the blondies...
    Your post might as well have said, "Insert sexual innuendo here."
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    All I gotta say is DE makes some great sticks. Infused is not my thing, but they did get me back into cigars a few years ago. Now, the T52 and No. 9 Liga Privada are fantastic sticks. Pick em up and thank me later!