Home Cigar 101
Options

How to get rid of annoying smells inside the humidor

can anyone help me to get rid of this problem , even after the use of cleaning agents the smell of the solvents remain inside the humidor. i am very upset due to this, because it will not keep my cigars fresh indefinitely.

Comments

• Options
    I would try a light wipe of dilituted vinegar and then pack with newspaper
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    change the newspaper daily.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    You could try a light sanding of the interior.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    sightunseen:
    I agree with this, and you could also put in a bowl of Baking Soda and leave it in the humi for at least 24 hours without opening the lid. This will absorb most odours.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And to add on, avoid stinky solvents in the future. If you have a need to use anything more than water, then it should be water and vinegar, no bleach and no ammonia, and definitely no aerosol cleaners.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Maybe Drew Estate will put out a febreeze infused gar?
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    stphen:
    can anyone help me to get rid of this problem , even after the use of cleaning agents the smell of the solvents remain inside the humidor. i am very upset due to this, because it will not keep my cigars fresh indefinitely.
    Get a new Humi. (Really. I'm serious.) Don't bother wasting your time (if its' worth anything).
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    This will do the trick, and as Laker stated baking soda as well.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Diamondog:
    Maybe Drew Estate will put out a febreeze infused gar?
    LMAO!!!

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Just get one of those pine scented car freshners from the convience store and toss it in there for about a week. It'll bring the wonderful outdoor wood smell back to your humidor.

....ps... following this advice may or may not lead to a new DE's Pine Infused Acid cigar.